PDA

View Full Version : Guess who

belk78
3rd Aug 2011, 21:19
XXX0000 departing from XXXX, RFL 260, but a quick look at their flight plan shows that the initial RFL was 360. To avoid flow restrictions the RFL was changed to FL260. They check in and inmediately request FL 360. Unable to approve. When they reach 260 another call. XXX0000 request FL 300 or 320 to avoid turbulence. No turbulence was reported before or after that in the whole sector. I believe you one day guys, maybe two, but bad weather every day? now the question is, what is the company name?

ZOOKER
3rd Aug 2011, 22:19
DAN AIR. :ok:

Radar
3rd Aug 2011, 22:59
RYR ........ or FR if you prefer ??

Spitoon
4th Aug 2011, 07:35
But why did I not mind so much when it was DAN????

belk78
4th Aug 2011, 08:24
You´re right Radar!
I feel pity for the pilots. Their company must put a lot of pressure on them to do such things.

BOAC
4th Aug 2011, 10:24
But why did I not mind so much when it was DAN???? - 'cos we wuz good guys and looked after ATC:)

zkjaws
4th Aug 2011, 10:33
The correct response is obvious

Because you haven't booked this request online and you haven't printed a copy of the flight plan at home it will cost you:

EUR 1000 for the requested flight level, and
EUR 100 for not printing the flight plan
Direct routing will cost EUR 100 for each saved NM

:)

zkjaws
4th Aug 2011, 10:37
PS As you haven't paid with a EUROCONTROL/EASA credit card there will be an additional fee of EUR 100

A I
4th Aug 2011, 11:51
Chugalug. Because good old DanAir looked after us! :ok:!

ATC Watcher
5th Aug 2011, 20:32
Dan air got away with almost everything because they were clever AND they took very good care of ATC both in liquid form ( BTW what happenned to the 3 horseshoes ?) and in helping controllers transportation problems!
If Bob Willis ( RIP) had been running Ryanair instead of MOL life would be great.
Chug a lug !

Get me some traffic
5th Aug 2011, 23:00
Dan Air were great except for one thing. Working at a regional airport that closed a notified time, Dan Air were always asking for opening extensions. The saying was that if we notamed the end of the world, Dan Air would ask for an extension. Happy days.

DC10RealMan
6th Aug 2011, 11:33
I have wonderful memories of DanAir Scheduled Services operation out of LGW. Full meal service, Excellent and friendly staff who were all round good eggs.

How I miss them!!!

BOAC
6th Aug 2011, 16:47
Dan Air would ask for an extension - and probably get it (ABZ excluded...). "Where is the **** DanAir"?:)

Lon More
6th Aug 2011, 17:39
'cos we wuz good guys and looked after ATC:ok::ok:
Chug a lug.

roger, direct ....

worked for me.

Had a great Christmas Party in Paris in mid 80s with some Danair lads and lasses when working at Bretigny.

Helen49
6th Aug 2011, 17:47
Those were the days before shopping centres with a runway, before we became obsessed with paperwork and litigation; when we had a lot of fun got the job done and when everybody loved Dan Air!

Must replace my rose cloured spectacles.

Mister Geezer
6th Aug 2011, 23:03
- and probably get it (ABZ excluded...). "Where is the **** DanAir"?

Brought a smile to my face! ;) Sadly no background accompanying sounds with the digital ATIS broadcasts nowadays!!!

BOAC
7th Aug 2011, 07:59
Yes, it is indeed a shame you cannot get a 'plug-in humour' module for a 'puter. Maybe the 'Intelligent ATIS' of the future will be able to work out the DA is late and react appropriately.:)