PDA

View Full Version : Online groundschool recommendation for PPL

doonesburyup
3rd Aug 2011, 08:03
Hi guys,
Hope this is the right forum.
I am short on time this year to properly enrol in a PPL course, but I would like to proceed in learning the basics even from home in the meantime.

I see Jepp offer an online private pilot course, as do Cessna via Kings. I like the idea of this more than a book (too heavy to carry) or DVDs (more interactive). Could anyone recommend either of these or another (perhaps these are somewhat outdated in terms of graphics, etc.)?

Ideally I would have liked something European-focused, rather than FAA aimed training, but I see nothing online except maybe Oxford DVDs. Perhaps I'm wrong but it struck me that you stand to learn more by interacting not simply watching. I am not looking for an online resource with nothing more than a bank of sample questions for preparing for the tests, but instead something to bring the learning to life!

I realise people may say I should wait but I am fine to pay for these and use it for background knowledge when I have more free time to really dedicate to getting the PPL.

Thank you very much