PDA

View Full Version : Licence Conversion

worf_st
3rd Aug 2011, 07:21
Hi,

I have an Australian CPL and I just wanted to know what is the requirements to convert this licence to a Canadian CPL. TC website is not much help as it has only FAA conversion.

Please help

mathieud
4th Aug 2011, 19:36
Hi worf_st,

Canada will recognize all the flight hours you have done. It will be possible for you to obtain a Canadian PPL at par.

If you wish to obtain a CPL you will need to pass both the written and flight exams.

Same thing for the multi-engine and IFR qualifications.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you would like more info.

worf_st
13th Aug 2011, 10:10
Thanks mathieud. That was helpful.

I am planning to go for Flight Instructor rating in Quebec and perhaps get a job there to build hours.

Can you tell me what is the work situation there? I mean, are there jobs for instructors in Canada?

lilflyboy262
14th Aug 2011, 16:44
Worf, would it not be better to get your instructors rating in aussie and go to one of the big flight schools that are training all the chinese students?
There is a huge need for instructors in Australia.

DIAPER
14th Aug 2011, 17:21
And what about the conversion of a JAA license ? Do the Canadian CAA apply the same procedure for conversion that in the case of our Australian mate. I have heard for the ATPL with a type rated just only need to make a check ride on the sim, is it true ?.

worf_st
16th Aug 2011, 07:46
Hi lilflyboy262,

I agree it would be better in Australia, but my friends there in Bankstown say otherwise. And it is twice as expensive as Canada for the course. I am looking through all options.

Thanks

loc22550
20th Aug 2011, 11:54
Check PM diaper.
And for licence convertion
Welcome Page | Page d'accueil (http://www.tc.gc.ca)
and click on following links
transport canada>Air trans>personnel training licencing>G.A>flight crew licencing>foreign ATPL.