PDA

View Full Version : Ansett / QANTAS jumpseat request

Anthony2107
11th Nov 2000, 02:20
If there are any Ansett or QANTAS pilots reading this, Can I request for a jumpseat ride on a B737 or on an Airbus on a short hop. Say Sydney to Canberra and back.
Will pay for the ticket if it would help.
I have a CPL/ME/IR and currently doing my US
ATPL subjects and I just want to see how you guys work. Let me know the next time you're in Sydney. Thanks.

redsnail
11th Nov 2000, 03:09
Anthony, as far as I am aware, you must have a ticket to get a jumpseat ride. Even our own staff need a ticket to jumpseat ride if they are there for observation purposes. However, that is a free one.
Most of the trips to Canberra from Sydney are done by Eastern's (dash 8) or Kendell's (saab or CRJ).

Anthony2107
11th Nov 2000, 16:07
G-day Redsnail,

You are correct in respect to the types of aircraft that they use out of CB, but one afternoon while I was taxiing out of CB for BK (around 5:00pm), I thought I saw a QF B737 or a B767 being pushed back to taxi and if I can remember it was going for Sydney, so this sort of gave me the idea about the 737. Anyway, I'm all for the idea of getting the ticket (no freebies nowadays I reckon anyway) but are you referring to an ordinary pax ticket or another one? Please point me in the right direction and I'll buy it. Are you with QF or AN or regionals? and if you are, can I request a jumpseat ride please? Thanks.

Anthony

redsnail
12th Nov 2000, 06:32
Hi Anthony,
As I said, most of the flights are done by the regionals. Yes, I work for one of the QF regionals. I don't know how you can stipulate what plane you fly on, I guess look up their flight schedulers.
I can't offer jumpseats and as far as I am aware you just have to buy a ticket. If it is an ID one, then you are on standby and can get "bounced". I would try and contact someone in Flight Ops (either QF or AN) with your request and see how you go.

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

Anthony2107
12th Nov 2000, 07:04
Thanks Redsnail - looking forward to hearing
from you. Remind me to shout you a drink if I meet you.

Just out of curiosity, are you with the
Dash 8's ?

C-ya