PDA

View Full Version : FO Time building in the States

fl_950
24th Nov 2001, 19:19
Could anyone povide me with any info about time building.
As most of the last coming out of schools, we do not have any hours.
What is the best between doing a First Off program in the US and flying ni Europe on a S/E?

Thank you :confused: Also, please advise by mail about the programs to avoid.

Sick
24th Nov 2001, 22:42
I'd avoid all of them. People who get some strange eg727 experience in the states with an airline you've never heard of, seem to come back with some peculiar practices and lack of spacial awareness. With most 200 hour f/o's you're alert for occasional f*** ups, and I'm generally pleasantly surprised, but I used to relax when they told me they had 500 hours jet experience; right up until the point they scare the hell out of me! If I had anything to do with recruitment, (which I don't) I would want a lot of convincing before taking on folk with bought jet time.

DeltaTango
25th Nov 2001, 16:40
Now I would'nt generalize but sick's got a point.
A friend of mine did some hour building in Florida with a crappy co. flying old twins.....he ultimately had an engine cut and because of the poor maintenance of the engines it did not fly according to it's performance sheets so he went down on a dirt strip and barely made it out in one piece, so BE PREPARED!!!

And good luck of course. ;)

fl_950
28th Nov 2001, 19:55
Thanks for replying.

john77
24th Apr 2002, 19:19
Everybody got a point.For the statement about A/C not performing to the numbers stated by the manuals is not unusual for old A/C take for ex. an old and a new car!!

Some airlines like good experience some dont, and is up to you how much money you are going to spend for the same result. I know people that got jobs with 200hrs flying A320.

on SE time good one in Cyprus: [email protected]

cheap and nice people