PDA

View Full Version : JAA Level 6 English.

Baba_White_Sheep
1st Aug 2011, 13:54
Is JAA level 6 English automatic, if you have a UK JAA license? Been asked in a job application for a copy of licence and proving level 6 English. For the life of me I cant see level 6 English written on my license. Does that mean i have to sit an English proficiency examination?

This has probably been done to death somewhere on this site but did a search and could find what i was looking for.

Any input would be appreciated.

Aussie
1st Aug 2011, 14:03
I maybe wrong.. but as far as i know... all the JAA member states in order to have a 6 needed to sit the English Exam... :cool:

Non Zero
1st Aug 2011, 17:04
Does that mean i have to sit an English proficiency examination?

Yep ... with JAR-FCL gotta do the TEA if you want more than 4... but it is not that difficult for native English speaker ... better get use to the Aussie accent tho!

As far as FAA goes ... they do not write on your license the level and some interpretations like to attribute a default level 4 to the sentence 'English Proficient'.

Having said that ... TEA is an ICAO exams valid also with an FAA license ... just in case...

Baba_White_Sheep
1st Aug 2011, 18:09
Thanks for the replies. What a load of :mad: nonsense!

Non Zero

" ... better get use to the Aussie accent tho "

How dear you!

I will neither listen to, or speak, nothing but the King's English. Proper schooling I 'ad dear boy.

wall-e
1st Aug 2011, 18:28
It is ... they just want to get your money and that's it!

mohamad haziq
3rd Aug 2011, 07:35
hi guys,
i just want to know the process to convert australian CASA license to JAA license.

Any info will be appreciated.

Aussie
3rd Aug 2011, 09:15
Do a search... there is lots of info on it, even when i did it 4 yrs ago, it hasnt changed...

good luck :cool: