PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: RTARI

capmagn
27th Jul 2011, 19:45
I know they're very very simple but I found very hard them to answer the best as possible. Here they are:

1.- You are running out of fuel and ATC asks you to remain in a holding pattern. Notify ATC and request landing clearance:
A. Pan, pan, pan, 52241, Cessna 172, fuel starvation, request immediate landing clearance
2.- Your instruments show you are flying straight and level but ATC asks you why
you are climbing. What do you say to ATC?:
A. Mexico tower, roger, my instruments show I'm straight and level, I'm correcting any deviation Cessna 42371.

3.- Just after landing your aircraft loses power on both engines. You are on the
runway and can't move. Report this to ATC:
Securité, securité, securité, I lost both engines, aircraft on runway, American 182.

Please help me answer them in the best manner possible.
Thank you very much, a friend from Mexico.

PhiltheReaper
28th Jul 2011, 22:42
well I'm no expert, and I'm sure someone else will verify.. but isn't a "pan-pan" said like:

"pan-pan, pan-pan, pan-pan..."

Phil

ZOOKER
28th Jul 2011, 22:47
I think 'Mayday, Mayday, Mayday' is a more appropriate attention-getter here, certainly in U.K. airspace.

blissbak
29th Jul 2011, 12:44
Securitè Securitè? :eek:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Jul 2011, 13:00
1. I'm still trying to work out what RTARI means..?

2. Securite is used in military and marine comms prior to broadcasting safety information and not in the situation you suggest.

3. If your instruments show you to be flying straight and level how can you correct any deviation if ATC says you are climbing?