PDA

View Full Version : Last minute insecurity.....

Mustbee
8th Nov 2000, 14:16
Forgive my naivety here but I'm seriously considering doing an integrated Professional Pilot's Course and am slightly perturbed by the failure rate of a lot of wannabees to get passed the doors of the major airlines.

I am aware of the determination required to succeed in this career however having established myself in a secure, albeit uninspiring profession, I also want to be a little prudent before I embark on throwing my life's savings at this last gasp attempt to realise my ambition.

Are there any pilots out there who have recently qualified with a Commercial Licence/Frozen ATPL via the Integrated/Modular route who have been for Airline interviews that can advise me as to the format of the application process. For example, once accepted for interview, what form does the interview take? Are there any aptitude tests and if so, how intensive are they? Finally, does the application process itself differ greatly from airline to airline or is it normally conducted along similar lines.

I must confess that if the process is as hard as some of the younger BA Wannabees seem to suggest then I'm suprised anyone ever makes it!

All comments will be gratefully received and appreciated.

Regards

Mustbee