View Full Version : FlyNiki salary

benole
22nd Jul 2011, 10:17
hey guys,
does anyone know about the salary of flyniki? i'm a ready entry cpl(ir) atpl credit mcc.
read on pilotjobsnetwork that it's only 1500euro?:ugh:so as much as a cleaning lady would earn.....
what is about allowences.
would be nice if someone could answer it.

Liftdumper
22nd Jul 2011, 10:26
You have zero experience, you have never landed an A320 and you already start crying about your salary. That's the mentality I love!

You might just be happy to be able to start on a A320 or E190 in a European company. Things could be worse.

And if it's not good enough for you, why not try LH?

Good luck with your career, I hope you'll never be my co-pilot.

T21
22nd Jul 2011, 10:48
Liftdumper

What a miserable reply you gave to someone who most probably has just spent tens of thousands of euros earning a commercial rating whilst not earning a cent for a year. Now you bregrudge him asking about the salary and conditions he may now earn. he deserves better replies than you gave him.

I bet when he gets a job he will pray that he doesn't get to fly with you as a Captain.

benole
22nd Jul 2011, 11:01
@t21 thats exactly what i thought.
@liftdumper
so what to do if youre in a situation where you have to pay your bills.(credit for the atpl).
sure i would be glad to fly the embraer but not at any price.

hetfield
22nd Jul 2011, 11:33
Is FlyNiki the employer or via leasing company?

Polorutz
22nd Jul 2011, 12:34
I agree, T21.

Liftdumper, you think 1500 EUR a month is enough money to fly a jet in Europe?

That attitude you express is disgusting, so we have to be grateful that we, trained professionals are given the awesome opportunity of flying a Jet so we must shut up and take whatever they give us? No wonder the T's and C's have been eroded so far.

benole
22nd Jul 2011, 13:12
thanks for your support:D
i dont know how those pilot imagine to live with this money.
i have to pay my credit, my flat ( especially in vienna very expensive), my car and i need something to eat.:eek:
stop prostitute yourself:yuk:

carlrsymington
22nd Jul 2011, 13:26
Non Pilot response to this

"You have zero experience" - wrong. I suspect this young person has flown 200+ hours (probably more)

"you have never landed an A320 and you already start crying about your salary" - correct but irrelevent, "crying" - wrong - just asking a question

The rest .....words fail me.

Benole ... I have no idea what this person's problem is but just ignore it.

Denti
22nd Jul 2011, 13:34
And remember, flyniki does not employ any pilots at all (apart from Niki Lauda). It simply rents them from an employment agency in luxembourg which will lead to a very interesting case if niki will ever be integrated into air berlin.

brakedwell
22nd Jul 2011, 13:44
Niki has always paid the lowest sum he can get away with. :sad:

Liftdumper
22nd Jul 2011, 13:51
Doing your training and starting to complain about T&C's after obtaining your frozen ATPL is just naive.

This is like it is today, so accept it, do 1500 hrs with FlyNiki and look for something better, or don't accept it and stay at home, waiting for a better position.

And in your position, with very little experience, you should accept it when you can start flying an A320. Just my opinion.

If you don't take the job, someone else will. Because remember: there is never a lack of pilots with a frozen ATPL and 185 hrs.

ReallyAnnoyed
22nd Jul 2011, 14:03
Liftdumper, you fail to see the wider consequences of your incredibly arrogant attitude towards a new-joiner. The less they can get away with paying for entry-level, the higher the pressure will become further up the chain. Sending manure down the chain won't protect you from what comes from above you.

As a sidenote, I speculate Benole is happy that he won't fly with you either given your attitude.

Liftdumper
22nd Jul 2011, 14:14
Yes, I DO see the consequences.

But does that mean a new joiner is in a better position, sitting at home, waiting for a better job? He'll be waiting very long.

So tell me, where can someone make a start on a 320 in Europe with, let's say, 2500 euro's net a month in the first year, leaving out the flagcarriers.

Tell me!

benole
22nd Jul 2011, 14:25
liftdumper
but this couldnt be the sense to get 1500 hours and then to change the company....
im a very loyal thinking person...im not a mercenary.
of course i want to get my hours and accept almost every job.
nevertheless this would be my last opportunity and option.
to your attitude: do you offend every young pilot like this? very poor and not very applicable for a cockpit-position not to speak of your apparent position as a captain.

Garba51
22nd Jul 2011, 15:27
Me for example, but on a much smaller aircraft than the 320! With only 300 hours when I started!

Good luck Benole for your search. These are hard days.

Bealzebub
22nd Jul 2011, 16:38
I think the point that is trying to be made here is that a CPL/IR and basic hours and paperwork isn't really "airline pilot" qualification, it is "apprentice" or "cadet" level opportunity at best.

Generally and historically this type of opportunity and the appropriate and variable entry levels, would have sought a minimum experience of 2000 hours and significant turbine experience.

A few people seem to forget that "cadet" level entry is a whole different ball game. Part of the reason such schemes exist, is that they are cost effective for the companies who operate them. They are intended to be apprenticeship level opportunities.

Ask a junior lawyer or barrister if they lived "hand to mouth" during their apprenticeship during the early years, and you will likely get a similar response. Many of them are probably worse off than the cleaners their firms employ as well.

If you expect established rates of remuneration, then the airline would expect established rates of experience and time served. Many of these opportunities may remunerate very badly in comparison to their own and other established salary scales, but the reasons need to be understood.

Take the individual who is flying an airliner full time, building his experience, having his medicals and annual licence renewals carried out, and being on the road to a (hopefully) full time career. Compare that with the similar individual who hasn't got the same opportunity. Whose licenses have lapsed, who cannot afford to renew them. Whose learned skills are perishing with neglect. Who isn't buliding any experience at all, and is seeing that same investment disappear down the toilet.

These entry level cadet opportunities may be very difficult for the first couple of years, but they are opportunities. Discard them as you wish, but take careful stock of just how rare these opportunities are, and what the options are realistically likely to be.

EAM
22nd Jul 2011, 17:37
@benole I would say this job is not the right one for you.

@Denti your infos are mostly wrong and there is no Problem because AB started this kind of "employment".

bairni
22nd Jul 2011, 18:41
hey benole, have a closer look at the payment details published on pilotjobsnetwork. 1631€ is the basic salary, you will get aditional duty pay for every hour flown:

1-70hrs: E 16,31
71-90hrs: E 32,63
91hrs+: E 65,25
in summer months you will end up with around 3500€ before taxes. also note that you will get the basic salary 14 times a year (12 times + [urlaubsgeld & weihnachtsgeld -> very low taxes])

Do you have a car? You'll be able to rent one of those Niki Smarts or Minis for around 100€/month inkl. insurance.
Aditionally there is the posibility to get standby tickets with Air Berlin.

I just wonder if you have applied within the last week? was there any response from flyniki?

I'm flying for another austrian carrier (~1000TT in my Logbook) and I've sent my CV last week ... well the salary (especially for new FOs) isn't that great, but it would be a chance to go back to the city I was born (and where my girlfiriend lives :sad:)

let's cross our fingers :ok:

PS: please keep me up to date if you should get any response from vienna, as they are mainly taking 200h guys fresh from the school. I think with my 1000h airline operation I'm way too experienced :hmm:

Klarliste beendet
24th Jul 2011, 10:51
Woow!!!
3500 E before tax in Austria after flying over 100 hrs/month in Vienna...

That means about 2400E after taxes on high season and flying more that a bird does.
How much shall you expect during winter?

How much does a Cpt. make? Do they have to polish Mr. Lauda's shoes too?

brakedwell
24th Jul 2011, 10:58
Do they have to polish Mr. Lauda's shoes too?

No, just clean his complementary cars :E

bairni
24th Jul 2011, 16:45
and flying more that a bird does.

This is exactly what every 200TT guy is looking for ... I'm doin 90hrs a month and I can't complain. I don't see any different in doing it here for my company or for Niki in Vienna, it's a lovely city.

Regards

EAM
25th Jul 2011, 22:35
Hey Klarliste, welcome to the forum.
Pretty nice first post, keep the high level up :sad:

Dani
26th Jul 2011, 08:37
Me thinks, the FO salary is very low, but somehow understandable, because you have the opportunity to become an A320 pilot.

More amazing is how low the pay is for experienced pilots, including captains, in this airline. For a new captain it seems to be 3200 €? How can someone work for this money?

EAM
26th Jul 2011, 11:26
Dani it is more, after 1 year you are in the second level and the avarage for a FO is around 2600-2800€ for 12 month.
At the moment FOs flying 100+ h per month.
My avarage last year was around 5000€ net for 12 month, 2. level CPT.
Not very much, but not too bad.
We know that NIKI is a low salary airline, but it is not as bad as a lot of people think to know. Most people are here not because of the money.

If you want good money, well India and China is a good adress. I get phone calls from agencys almost every week. Give me your number I will pas it to them. I prefer to stay in Vienna.

McMax
26th Jul 2011, 19:52
Are there any new information about the assessment?

Heard about 4 hours of computer based tests and thereafter maybe an Interview, but Interview might be later...

Would be glad for any information what's the best way to be prepared for this test.

Also interested in some details about the daily life... (overnights, single days or more days in a row, and stuff like that)

bairni
27th Jul 2011, 13:30
Is there someone in here who got an invitation to the assessment? Some friends of mine got a rejection within 48 hours. Haven't heard of a positive application by now.

I'm still waiting for a response from Vienna ...

Regards

angelorange
27th Jul 2011, 18:59
flyNiki have very good training dept. All the best with it!

However I must disagree with BzB's comment:

"A few people seem to forget that "cadet" level entry is a whole different ball game. Part of the reason such schemes exist, is that they are cost effective for the companies who operate them. "

What about the cost of a tail strike?

See: http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/370654-easyjet-4-a-91.html

or gear collapse:

Uncorrected poor technique led trainee to land A320 hard (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/12/12/320070/uncorrected-poor-technique-led-trainee-to-land-a320.html)

Orvilles dad
28th Jul 2011, 02:54
When you are typed and line checked, Base Salary just under €2,000 per month, paid 14 times a year - twice in November / December and twice in June.

In addition, flight pay is €16.31 to 70 hours, €32.64 70 to 90 hours and €65.28 over 90 hours.

There's currently a shortage of FO's, and also quite a few Air Berlin sectors are flown. So at present, most FO's are going 100-110 hours per month - bringing in €5,000 or so gross - €4K or thereabouts Net.

4/5 nights away from home a month, decent hotels, good crew food and a Mini, Fiat 500 or Smart at discount rates if you want to rent a car from the CO..

Not great pay, but new aircraft, great captains, AND flying into major airports, so a good place to get experience to get that ATPL unfrozen.

Single Flasher
6th Aug 2011, 15:15
Hi guys. I have seen a lot of info on payrates at niki, often paid in Gross. I believe Austria has a very high tax rate so can anyone out there tell me what a Captain can expect to take home, including flight pay, after tax, per month? This would be great info if anyone knows for sure.

Bealzebub
6th Aug 2011, 15:27
What about the cost of a tail strike? What about it?

A relatively rare event that happens to captains as often as anyone else when it does occur. An insured risk. Rotation rates and pitch levels monitored at all times and checked by the captain/training captain.

Clearly the risk likelyhood is deemed by the insurance companies to be exceptional or unusual in this respect, even though there may from time to time be isolated occurances. If it were otherwise, you can be sure they would price it in.

In summary, irrelevant to the cost effectiveness.

A-3TWENTY
7th Aug 2011, 08:59
Liftdumper,

Please , do not insist!!...

1. There are jobs in Europe , paying more for new joiners. Some don`t even take in consideration your experience. Easyjet pays more than 1500 euros.

2.Even if there were no options , it`s awful to see that you don`t have your horizons wide enough to realize that the lower the new joiners salary the lower will be yours. If they started with 4000 , probably your salary would be also higher.

3.Of course he has to accept th job.But as said before , it does not mean he has to be happy with his T&C.

4.Unfortunately there are many people who think like you(been counter mentality) , and this is the reason why our pofession is the way it is.

5. I hope that , since this guy has to settle for this T&Cs , at least he doesn`t have to fly with Capts like you.

lostcomm
9th Aug 2011, 05:43
Well as long as you get your Fiat 500 at a good rate:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Maybe you should be looking at a company where you can maybe afford to buy a car on a FO salary.