PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Airlines - UK

vctenderness
13th Jul 2011, 16:42
Any one know anything about this airline, Strategic Airlines UK?

They seem to be operating out of Gatwick within Europe at present but I believe they are an Australian airline.

malagajohn
13th Jul 2011, 16:47
Some more info here

Fly Strategic UK (http://www.flystrategic.co.uk/About_Us/Our_Business.aspx)

sam1993
13th Jul 2011, 18:46
Originally an Australian airline, Strategic are now operating flights from Manchester and Gatwick to Greek and Cypriot destinations on behalf of Olympic Holidays. They are registered in Luxembourg and have 3 A320's in their fleet.

clareview
14th Jul 2011, 13:47
The Australian arm also flies A330 as well as A320. Routes are internal plus to Phuket and Bali

on time all the time
14th Jul 2011, 13:52
Strategic had an operation in France last year with an AOC and french registered a/c. They opertaion was so bad that they were in the news for all the wrong reasons, endless lentghy delays....so much so that their AOC was revoqued.....not a pb they moved to Luxembourg...
So a big mockery of EU-OPS...I thought we were all working under the same umbrella and standards.

VIKING9
15th Jul 2011, 06:07
Where is the AOC based ? Oz, UK or LUX ? They have an office at LGW but what do they do from that ?

clareview
15th Jul 2011, 08:20
My understanding is that the company has a Lux AOC and an Australian AOC

on time all the time
16th Jul 2011, 11:15
I watched a video footage from TF1 which is one of the main french TV channels. Strategic had lots of technical pbs last year. They had lots of SAFA checks which were not good leading to the french AOC being revoked. As there is no European system, what France did was not followed by other countries. Therefore Strategic had its french licence revoked in august 2010 and came back to fly in France in September 2010 with a Luxemburg AOC and Luxemburg registered aircrafts...the same aircrafts that the french people called Rubbish bins...avions poubelles.
So I hope they get the same rigourous checks here as SAFA checks are a European check system.

cubemaster
19th Jul 2011, 14:42
I've booked an Olympic holiday to Zakynthos for during August:). The flights are with Strategic (STUxxxx for flightradar fans). I'll report back on my experiences later in August.:hmm:

cubemaster
17th Aug 2011, 12:57
I flew LGW to ZTH on STU2742 on 31/7/11.
It was an A320. Seat space was typical cattle class but the seats were decent quality leather. The flight left LGW 35 minutes late but that wasn't bad since the plane had already done MAN to ZTH and ZTH to LGW so far that day and had left MAN 1hr 30min late.

I was somewhat bemused that they kept the seatbelt signs illuminated for over 30 mins after takeoff, I would have expected them off after around 20 mins. The aisle was occupied by trolleys for over half the 3 hour flight (drinks service,meal service, drinks again, 'duty free'), some what slow service, and so that caused problems for those heading off to the loos.
CC seemed to be pleasant enough and handled the club 18-30ers with tact.

I didn't sample their food/drink but it was advertised at the usual charter/LCC prices.

I returned on 14/8/11 ZTH to LGW on STU2743 - same plane.
The flight left 2:30hrs late - attributed by various announcements to MAN ATC delaying the previous leg (Man to ZTH) and ZTH ATC delaying the previous leg. (It had arrived 2:30 late at ZTH)
Like my 31/7/11 flight seatbelt signs illuminated until 30mins after takeoff and the aisle was blocked by trolleys for much of the flight.

Landing at Gatwick was a little different!
Touchdown was heavier than a typical landing, enough for a few people to comment, but the landing was after floating above the runway for longer than usual. That's OK, not all landings are the same and it wasn't worryingly heavy. It was the announcement whilst on the taxi way that made it sufficiently different .....
"Due to a weight imbalance problem .... when we have arrived at the gate will passengers in rows 1 to 6 please remain seated whilst some of the passengers from the rear of the aircraft disembark".
Passengers in rows 1-6 duly sat in seats whilst rows 7-18(me) disembark.
CC let 1-6 move just as I passed through the door.
I left rows 1-6 and 19-31 to fight it out.

Overall my flights were much the same as on any other charter/LCC carrier.

I was aware whilst on holiday that some Strategic flights on 18/8/11 had long delays. A notice at my hotel informed of a 4-5 hour delay for a ZTH to LGW flight and stated the reason as 'delay on a previous leg and using an alternative aircraft minimise further delays' ... the perils of a charter company which has about 2 aircraft !

Cubemaster.

gflynorw
22nd Aug 2011, 10:51
Hey I am an employee for Strategic, let me explain some of the procedures regarding your flight.

The seatbelt sign remains on until the a/c has reached it's cruising altitude, granted it's a lot longer than UK airlines but that's the airline's procedures and is written in the Airline's OPS manual.

As cc we normally start the service asap as we are required to carry out a number of services as required by management.

On 2 of our aircraft we've had 4 incidences at MAN when attached to an airbridge that the aircraft's nose gear is going up quickly during disembarkation then back down too quickly for the airbridge to cope with causing the sensor that is placed under door 1l to be crushed under it. We keep rows 1 to 6 seated so the weight balance remains the same. I believe

MKY661
2nd Nov 2011, 18:01
i know that Strategic is being rebranded to Air Australia on 15th Nov. What is happening to the LUX carrier will that be rebranded too or will that still be called strategic.

TSR2
3rd Nov 2011, 00:43
Strategic currently operates 3 A320 aircraft in Europe. At the end of the autumn season, one aircraft will return to Australia and join the Air Australia fleet. The other two aircraft will remain in Europe and continue to operate as Strategic Airlines.

tourismman
3rd Nov 2011, 00:48
The Irony of all this was that Air France reputedly did their maintenance.

No,the Strategic name will remain in Europe.

MKY661
3rd Nov 2011, 17:47
Strategic currently operates 3 A320 aircraft in Europe. At the end of the autumn season, one aircraft will return to Australia and join the Air Australia fleet. The other two aircraft will remain in Europe and continue to operate as Strategic Airlines.

Do we know which one?

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Nov 2011, 21:40
Has anybody flowen with this airline?

They are starting in DUB next summer and prosume the flight will be operated by aircraft from LGW as thats the only airport that I can see they operate from.

MKY661
11th Nov 2011, 21:49
They do flights from MAN as well there is usually one there when i fly out in the morning

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Nov 2011, 21:53
Is ita a A320 at both MAN and LGW then?

TSR2
11th Nov 2011, 23:06
They only operate A320's in Europe.

purplehelmet
22nd Nov 2011, 13:06
one of the a320's seem's to have been parked up at man for the last couple of weeks,anyone know why?

MKY661
22nd Nov 2011, 18:17
Maybe one is going back to Air Australia

wawkrk
22nd Nov 2011, 18:59
Cubemaster
I was somewhat bemused that they kept the seatbelt signs illuminated for over 30 mins after takeoff,

How do you know if the crew had detected turbulence or not.
Have you never been on a flight where the seat belt was not switched off at all because of the weather?

I have a few times and I am sure many others have.

purplehelmet
22nd Nov 2011, 23:10
@mky661. thought they had 3 aircraft based in europe? i could be wrong but i thought i saw a second one parked at man last week at least for a few days, i know back in the summer they were doing extra work for jet2 ,and other summer charters etc,but if that works dried up man seem's an odd place to park them up for the forseeable.

MKY661
23rd Nov 2011, 16:57
According to previous posts one is going back to Air Australia

rain dance maggie
14th Feb 2012, 08:25
Any news for the company?
Are they gonna operate again during summer for Greek and Cypriot destinations?
What is their fleet size now?
ThankU...

Daza
14th Feb 2012, 11:56
Strategic plan to base an aircraft at BHX for the Summer flying for Olympic.
Daza

MKY661
14th Feb 2012, 12:05
Ive heard one of their A320's will be leased to Jet2 again this summer.

sam1993
14th Feb 2012, 12:32
One A320 will indeed be on lease to Jet2 this summer. It will be Manchester based and allows one of their 757's to be a standby aircraft following the problems last year.

Regarding Birmingham, although the Olympic website currently shows times which suggest a based aircraft from Strategic, I believe the flights are to be operated on W patters from Manchester. This is of course to be confirmed yet.

j636
14th Feb 2012, 13:15
Think I read here a while back that they will also be operating out of DUB.

redED
14th Feb 2012, 13:45
I was somewhat bemused that they kept the seatbelt signs illuminated for over 30 mins after takeoff,

Every crew does it differently; some at 10,000ft, some at 15,000ft, some at TOC, some let the cabin crew start their service, and others just forget until they get a call from the cabin checking in them after 30mins/asking if someone can use the toilet.

airhumberside
14th Feb 2012, 14:34
If the Olympic Holidays website is to be believed they are operating HUY-HER using a HER based aircraft (or a w pattern)

VC10man
14th Feb 2012, 15:30
I think I will fly with Thomson Airways.

Johnny F@rt Pants
14th Feb 2012, 16:12
Red Ed - isn't there an SOP then? We have unless environmental conditions dictate otherwise.

VC10 - Why Thomson, what makes them so special?

clareview
14th Feb 2012, 17:18
Now that the parent company has been rebranded (Air Australia?) will the name change for the European Operations?

I understood that there could be 3 or 4 aircraft operating in Europe this summer

gflynorw
14th Feb 2012, 23:07
Yes. If they Sign the northcaps (Norway to Afghan) contract then there will be 4 aircraft in the UK. 2.5 in Manchester and 1.5 in Gatwick.

Jet2 will have aircraft from 6am to 3pm then it's available to Strategic.

There is also lots of torair work as well that Meridian have been asking Strategic to do as well, but I believe they are not relying on it.

LX-STA, B and C will shortly be re-fitted with new seats. They have been parked in Man as this is where the perm crews are based, so looking good for the olympic summer.

VC10man
15th Feb 2012, 13:57
>>>VC10 - Why Thomson, what makes them so special?

Because they have a good reputation for reliability and have plenty of good newish one owner planes. Unlike Strategic or Torair or that Greek one.

Only complaint with Thomson is the small amount of leg room, esp on the green seated 757s.

rain dance maggie
15th Feb 2012, 14:36
Thank U all for your replies:ok:
They are looking also for some ground based jobs at LUX offices .
Seems they are doing just fine ...for the moment:D

irishcc
15th Feb 2012, 14:58
Although, another site has a thread running about problems with Air Australia...

Corporate doctor called in at Air Australia (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/corporate-doctor-called-in-at-air-australia-20120215-1t6dq.html#ixzz1mWoKxY6g)

gflynorw
16th Feb 2012, 17:32
Air Australia now in Administration, however, this does NOT affect Strategic Airlines UK as they are completely separate companies.

LBIA
16th Feb 2012, 18:44
Well Strategic Airlines, Airbus A320 LX-STA departed Manchester as STU916P about 30 mins ago and has just passed over Newcastle and is heading out over North Sea at 39,000ft towards Scandinavia

MANTFS
17th Feb 2012, 08:53
They are separate AOC's but are they separate companies? - Air Australia is just a trading name for Strategic.

gflynorw
17th Feb 2012, 09:13
Yes, they are seperate companies with different shareholdings, strategic airlines s.a and ltd (uk) trading as normal.

MANTFS
17th Feb 2012, 09:52
Different shareholders?

francis omahony
18th Feb 2012, 10:13
air australia went bankrupt yesterday will this have an effect on strategic

MKY661
18th Feb 2012, 11:11
Strategic are continuing to trade as normal as they are not affected because they are two seperate companies. :ok:

STATSMAN
19th Feb 2012, 09:27
Operated MAN-SZG-MAN yesterday (18/02/2012)

STATSMAN

Superpilot
21st Feb 2012, 08:17
Anyone know if the A320 wet leased to Jet2 fits into the fleet to do scheduled routes or does it simply take on extra (on demand) load?

Prestonian
21st Feb 2012, 10:40
It "fits into the fleet" so freeing up a 757 to be allocated as a "spare" to cover tech problems etc.

ACCMan
21st Feb 2012, 14:54
LX-STC has just ferried MAN - Kemble. A bit ominous!

gflynorw
21st Feb 2012, 16:44
Nothing ominous at all, aircraft is having some MX done and having new seats installed. Why stir bs when you don't know what is going on :=

stab3.5up
21st Feb 2012, 17:37
They are doing lca-dub during the summer

Writer7
21st Feb 2012, 22:49
this may be of interest. It seems Air Australia's collapse may engulf Strategic after all given it owns 49 per cent of Strategic and Michael James' owned the rest.
Air Australia owner Michael James has share of airliner based in Luxembourg | The Courier-Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/michael-has-the-hide-of-the-fleet/story-e6freoof-1226277644145)

Affretage
22nd Feb 2012, 21:59
I expect the show will be over soon.

Whenever I see PW and/or Meridian mentioned, the end is usually near. Remember XL Airways, Viking Airlines, Viking Hellas, Tor Air ? Where is it all going to end ? I guess these gentlemen have now turned their attention to Strategic Airlines. :D

I feel sorry for the independant tour operators who continue to suffer at the hands of these people. Wouldn't these tour operators be better off burning their money in the high street or starting their own inhouse airline ?

Discuss.

Affretage

TSR2
22nd Feb 2012, 22:39
Whenever I see PW and/or Meridian mentioned, the end is usually near.

What makes you think PW and/or Meridian has any connection with Strategic ?

MANTFS
23rd Feb 2012, 08:26
Olympic Holidays will be getting very good a scrambling around last minute to cover their flying programme - it is becoming an annual event!

pilotblingbling
1st Mar 2012, 07:33
i was in Man in transit yesterday heard rumor the company is close to be blacklisted after an airturn back on December, is it true ? They signed a contract with jet2 ? :cool: one more ? the ground guys told me they have financial problems after the bankruptcy of Air Australia, :} So is not easy to make business in this small world..:E

JAILBREAKER
1st Mar 2012, 09:18
It seems to be far from the truth since the LX-STC was removed from the operational fleet (or what is left of it!!!) to be handed over back to its legitimate lessor...
So one more plane out of harm's way and I suspect you are ill informed or ill advised???:D

Crosswind Limits
1st Mar 2012, 09:47
Gawd there's a lot of bull**** and **** stirring on this forum - I guess that's one of the reasons I don't visit too often. Jealousy, envy, bitterness, aggrieved, sacked, lost job, bored, nasty, stupid, ignorant are just some of the reasons why some people feel the need to **** stir! Unless you know what's happening stop muck racking and a get an effing life!!:rolleyes::hmm::ugh:

160to4DME
1st Mar 2012, 10:22
Funny how, when on PPRUNE, someone wants to promulgate a negative rumour, suddenly a heavenly host of new personas, apparently all "in the know", spring up.

It does make you wonder if sometimes it's the same person arguing or agreeing with him/herself. :confused:

Facts R Us
1st Mar 2012, 11:46
Failed airline had major stake in Gatwick carrier - www.travelweekly.co.uk (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/03/01/39754/failed-airline-had-major-stake-in-gatwick-carrier.html)

Superpilot
1st Mar 2012, 13:27
blogsp0t.com - blogs p 0 t Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (http://kembleairport-ukboneyard.blogsp0t.com/#Kemble%20Updates%20No.15) (replace the zero in blogsp0t)

21st February 2012

Strategic Airlines A320-212 LX-STC c/n 420 was ferried from Manchester to Kemble this afternoon for storage..Parent company Air Australia filed for administration last week and it is believed that this aircraft will end up on the scrapline

Anyone know the real truth?

pilotblingbling
1st Mar 2012, 14:02
Any news of the rest of the fleet, i hope this company survive, ??? :ok:
if one back to kemble for scrapping , how many plane remaining ? 2 ?
Good luck to them :D , season with 2 planes will be a challenge :ok: :D

pilotblingbling
1st Mar 2012, 14:11
any news about the rest of the fleet ?

Flightmech
1st Mar 2012, 15:07
Nothing ominous at all, aircraft is having some MX done and having new seats installed. Why stir bs when you don't know what is going on

Because not many people fly aircraft to Kemble for MX. Normally it's for storage/care of maintenance or parting out, or one leading to the other. Not scheduled maintenance. Look at ASI's own website and see what there primary business is.

MKY661
1st Mar 2012, 17:04
It has definately left the fleet:
Image Verification (http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Strategic-Airlines-%28Luxembourg%29)

Crosswind Limits
1st Mar 2012, 17:28
What is planespotters.net and why is that regarded as definitive? :confused:

Presume their planes are leased anyway from the likes of ILFC or similar.

I understand they have a busy summer coming up with various contract work.

Superpilot
1st Mar 2012, 19:58
According to Travel Weekly Online management has stated a "4th" aircraft will be joining soon. I guess this could be a replacement for LX-STC?

manupil
1st Mar 2012, 20:20
Mean 3 Aircraft, :D , i hope the dream will come true ...:ugh:
there is No smoke without a fire, let's bet on it !!!!
How long will this company survive.. ? how long before they decide to change the logo of the company, ... in that case it is easier to avoid detection from the radar of the aviation authorities ..:ooh: pilot with sunglasses doing the walk around can't detect major de deficiencies, :D

gflynorw
1st Mar 2012, 20:21
Sorry to burst your bubble but LX-STC is simply in storage.. will be back in service in two weeks for a charter;as per my roster then it's going to have Jet2 decals painted with their charters starting around the 23rd, again as per my roster. Not being funny, but some folk write some bravo sierra on this site with the usual spraff from the know-it-all ground staff

Yes, there may have been links with Air Austraila/Strategic Airlines pty, probably the same links as XL France and XL UK...as far it goes it's business as usual at STU. Can we put this to bed now?

MKY661
1st Mar 2012, 20:56
What is planespotters.net and why is that regarded as definitive? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif
Planespotters.net lists airline fleets (both current and historic) and shows pictures. Reason why i said it had left because it said there were only two aircraft were in the fleet and also if it was stored but it was still in the fleet it would be put in stored in the curent fleet section. it was put in stored in the Historic fleet section.

It might be a mistake though but they are usually right.

manupil
1st Mar 2012, 21:29
Strategic Roster :{ you mean same roster used to schedule flight to australia this winter ...:ok::D
i like this type of bravo sierra roster, you are lucky i hope you enjoy it, the crew continue to pay the positioning and hotel by themselves. :ok: or maybe some of you coming to europe and from Greece island to flight for nothing ? :oh: :ugh:

Jamie2k9
12th Mar 2012, 00:47
Now that tour operators have pulled Strategic flights from DUB and BFS are any other airprots affected?

airhumberside
12th Mar 2012, 17:40
The HUY-HER service for Olympic Holidays got transferred to Aegean Airlines

Shiner Pilot
9th Apr 2012, 18:11
Any update on Strategic please...
Are they doing well? Outlook?

ScotsSLF
9th Apr 2012, 19:52
LX-STA night stopped at PIK apparently a few nights ago. Not sure why.

jimbo canuck
9th Apr 2012, 20:25
Was at PIK for a charter to Lourdes next day
J

magnificent_man
12th Apr 2012, 15:13
I heard that there might be a possibility of a 4th Airbus joining the fleet. Does anyone know whether this is likely or not?

Dysneyland
13th May 2012, 14:27
LX-STA/B/C appear to be grounded at both MAN & LGW. Most weekend flights have been sub-chartered, any idea what's going on?

MKY661
13th May 2012, 19:30
Doesn't sound good :uhoh:

fjencl
13th May 2012, 20:14
Any news forthcoming about this

gflynorw
13th May 2012, 21:47
Fleet not flying as olympic work doesn't start till Tuesday and maintainence and cabin refurbishments, sub in due to scheduled Maintainence.

powe0001
15th May 2012, 10:32
Does anyone know if they have now started flying?

Buster the Bear
15th May 2012, 17:46
According to FR24, last flights it recorded were back on the 7th.

redED
15th May 2012, 18:04
One's still sat remotely at LGW

Belle of the ball
16th May 2012, 09:13
They were supposed to start flying yesterday for olympic but this flight went on an ly registered aircraft. Today's flight is currently 4 hours delayed. Considering they were only supposed to start yesterday not a good sign. Anybody know what's going on??

Dysneyland
16th May 2012, 10:41
Flight STU 3360 (MAN-RHO) with ETA 0715 showing "next information at 1315"

Flight STU 2374 (LGW-RHO) with ETA 0940 showing "delayed at 1400"

The joys of sub-chartering?

puppet on a string
16th May 2012, 13:11
LGW now just says 'delayed'...that's ominous:bored:

JackRalston
16th May 2012, 13:41
Ah now I understand why there is a massive delay on the MAN-RHO flight. I was doing boarding for the ZB698 to MAH and I kept having passengers coming up to me at Gate 211 and in a very angry tone wanting vouchers and more information on the delay....I had no idea what they were on about, Swissport don't deal with Strategic and next thing I saw was an enormous queue at the information desk with Premiere Handling agents there. :\

I've just looked at the MAN website and it says 'next information at 1530'. This doesn't sound good at all.

Airbourne-Adamski
16th May 2012, 13:51
The a/c LGW not moved, no action near it. It has been in the same place for a week now I think

JackRalston
16th May 2012, 15:21
STU3360 MAN-MAH with an STD 07:15 is now due to depart at 17:00

Dysneyland
16th May 2012, 16:55
According to the airport website, STU3360 is operating from MAN to RHO , not too sure where you got the MAN-MAH information from. Anyhow, this flight hasn't departed yet...

JackRalston
16th May 2012, 17:22
Sorry Dysneyland I got confused with something. I was doing boarding for ZB698 MAN-MAH at the time I saw people getting vouchers for that flight so I've just said MAH instead of RHO.:ugh:

LN-KGL
16th May 2012, 18:52
STU3360 departed 19:44 local says manchesterairport.co.uk

Matt995
16th May 2012, 19:06
and operated by A320 LX-STB per flightradar24, so the airline is still flying! :ok:

Dysneyland
16th May 2012, 19:24
No worries JR

Just waiting now for STU2374 from LGW to get airborne... not a nice way to start your holidays if you ask me :=

Bealine EchoGolf
16th May 2012, 19:42
It keeps being put back if you watch the Gatwick live departures site, was delayed to 20:30, then 20:35, then 20:40, no flight boarding, last call etc...so assume nothing else is known about the delay at the moment.....Hope they have not been left in the Terminal since this morning!!

Ziggy22
16th May 2012, 19:48
Not a bad start then, just over 12 hours delay at Manchester and maybe about the same at Gatwick. Looks like the fitting of new seats and carpets have worked a treat!! :eek:

Charley B
16th May 2012, 20:27
Now put back till 21.25 at LGW..poor pax have really had a poor start to their hols----the PS 502 is having a similar delay:(

Dysneyland
16th May 2012, 20:35
Any clue which aircraft is expected to operate the flight tonight?

(off topic) but PS502 to Kiev is delayed due to tyre burst that happened on landing this afternoon, just in case you wonder

Daza
16th May 2012, 22:33
Imagine the delays when the BHX "W" patterns start in June! Another potential PR disaster for the tour operators!:ugh:

european130
17th May 2012, 00:00
l see on FR24 that LX-STB has done a real quick turn-round in Rhodes and is now heading back to Gatwick as STU2375 to operate their flight which now shows as departing at 05:30 - l assume the pax have been given hotac, just wondered how many hours they were waiting around at Gatwick before leaving to the hotel???

Charley B
17th May 2012, 05:39
Delayed LGW flight from yesterday went out at 06.14 this morning-rather a nasty delay:(

chaps2011
17th May 2012, 06:55
STU486P is due in MAN at 08.00 from Bourgas apparently LZ-MDD as subtitute aircraft
Not covering themselves in glory so far

chaps2011
17th May 2012, 06:56
At least the cover aircraft is on time as it just about to turn finals at MAN

oncemorealoft
18th May 2012, 06:31
Any more news on these guys? I'm supposed to be flying with them from LGW to Preveza on Sunday morning. Flight was originally Monarch, then Aer Lingus and now this bunch. Thank you Monarch/Cosmos! Not happy!:confused:

Dysneyland
18th May 2012, 12:19
STU 2516 from LGW to JSI due 0925Z showing an undetermined delay on the Gatwick Airport website + return journey STU 2517 already cancelled!

Is LX-STB the only operating aircraft in the fleet at the moment??

rog747
18th May 2012, 16:58
blame the tour op's for using this bunch...cheap nasty cheap...

sorry for the boys and girls that work on this outfit here but i guess the offer of
a CC job was too good to turn down, but they (SAir) have had 2 years of
bad press for UK ops and this is only the first full week of the season which
has descended into chaos.

only one way for this lot (company) to go and that is down....

after the flash air crash and a few other dodgy Turkish outfits i thought the EU had a pretty thorough strict system now to ban airlines in all EU countries even if only one member state started the ball rolling? yes/no?

jamesferns
18th May 2012, 19:38
Aircraft have been grounded for some reason by all accounts

TSR2
18th May 2012, 21:21
Aircraft have been grounded for some reason by all accounts

Do you have a source for this information ?

european130
19th May 2012, 13:33
Todays Manchester ro Rhodes flight has just been called to the gate - only seven and a half hours late...!!

chaps2011
19th May 2012, 14:34
Catching up so maybe on time by Octoberhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif:rolleyes:

Airbourne-Adamski
19th May 2012, 14:46
LGW a/c has not moved for.days the a/c seems to have the covers on the engine intakes.

MKY661
19th May 2012, 22:42
Do you think they have fallen down the drain like Viking Airlines, Fly Hellas and Tor Air did? I hope not :uhoh:. There have already been too many airlines going this year. :uhoh:

Matt995
19th May 2012, 23:45
LX-STC is inbound Man at present, so two of their A320s are still in service, so I presume the unserviceable A320 at LGW must be LX-STA

redED
20th May 2012, 11:27
One of them (not the remotely parked one) was being catered at LGW at 10:30 last night.

colinwil
9th Sep 2012, 12:47
We flew with Strategic from LGW to Rhodes and back at the beginning of September 2012. No problems. Flight out was on time. Flight back was ahead of schedule.

Comfort/legroom was Ok for a cheap charter flight. CC friendly. Horrible screaming baby in the seat behind me - but that's not the airline's fault :)

Pretty heavy landings both ways - especially in Rhodes

JonnyT1978
2nd Oct 2012, 16:10
Good friend on holiday in Rhodes has just been notified that her return flight (tomorrow to BHX as part of a package from Olympic Holidays) will be fulfilled by an alternative airline as the original has hit financial problems. From doing research it's very probably that it was Strategic who were originally schedulled to fulfill...

LGS6753
2nd Oct 2012, 18:57
Strategic are currently providing an aircraft to Monarch following the Aurelia problem.

CKT789
2nd Oct 2012, 20:14
Is there still one airframe providing back up to LS? If so that only leaves one aircraft to fulfill the MAN/LGW Olympic contract.

MKY661
2nd Oct 2012, 21:27
It looks like they are not using it now. However two of the aircraft have not flown today. All STU flights from MAN shown to be cancelled tomorrow as well. On LGW website it says 'Enquire Airline'

CKT789
2nd Oct 2012, 21:36
This time of year is always difficult for charter-only airlines as the Summer peak tails off and the ski season is still a long way off.

JackRalston
2nd Oct 2012, 22:35
Todays morning flight from MAN was cancelled even though they had over 110 pax booked on the flight. As much as Olympic do have the right to pull out/cancel at any time, it does seem a bit unreasonable when everything is ready and in place and you've got quite a few pax.

BHX5DME
3rd Oct 2012, 12:43
Gone into administration today !

fjencl
3rd Oct 2012, 13:03
Oooooooops not another one.

Shame for the staff.

mizake the mizzen
3rd Oct 2012, 13:27
http://www.olympicholidays.com/information/_data/images/travel-update-banner.jpg

Travel Updates

10:00 - 03 October 2012
Olympic Holidays regrets to announce that as a result of information provided by Strategic Airlines it has felt compelled to end its flying contract with Strategic and to arrange for the remainder of its summer 2012 flying programme which was to have been carried out by Strategic Airlines, to be provided by other carriers.
These are: Aegean Airlines (which already provides flights for Olympic Holidays); Travel Services (an airline with a growing reputation in the Czech Republic); and an Italian airline Livingston Air. Flight timings are little changed and all clients should proceed to their departure airports as normal and use the tickets that have already been sent to them. Clients departing from London Gatwick will be travelling on a Livingston (flight code JN) flight at the same time and from the same terminal (South) as their original Strategic flight; clients departing from Manchester will be flying with Travel Services (flight code SQ) from the same terminal (2) and at the same time as their original Strategic flight.
We wish to emphasise that any change applies only to clients who have booked travel arrangements which include flights with Strategic Airlines (flight code STU). All other flights are completely unaffected.
For more information about Travel Updates call us on 0844 499 0077 or e-mail us here (http://www.olympicholidays.com/information/contactus.asp).

ericlday
3rd Oct 2012, 14:26
LX STB believed to be at Luton, can anyone confirm this ?

Teaboy24
3rd Oct 2012, 14:34
Was one parked by the terminal about an hour ago.

Barling Magna
3rd Oct 2012, 15:23
I thought Livingston Air collapsed a couple of years ago.....?

Hotel Tango
3rd Oct 2012, 18:20
The original Livingston suspended ops in 2010. The new Livingston was launched this Summer.

gflynorw
17th Oct 2012, 13:04
LX-STB and LX-STC both left MAN and LTN today, and seen flying over the Atlantic. Anyone any idea where they are off to?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
18th Oct 2012, 10:56
Both aircraft went to Bangor but I expect they are destined for somewhere further west and much warmer.

OLY1B

OntimeexceptACARS
18th Oct 2012, 11:32
Goodyear apparently. They were tired......

No RYR for me
18th Oct 2012, 12:11
Wish I could join them...