View Full Version : B727

runway2
13th Jul 2011, 11:18
Is there any flight data which gives u the main gear wheel load during landing ground roll for B727 aircraft,

or any estimates for lift coefficients (Cl) , ?

con-pilot
13th Jul 2011, 19:52
Not really too sure of what you are asking about. Are you asking just about the wheels on the main gear, or the runway load bearing weights for the aircraft due to the design main gear?

As for lift coefficients, are you asking about the wings? Clean, takeoff or landing configurations or all three?

I have a little over 7,000 hours in the 727, but I'm not too sure that I can answer your questions.

mainwheel
13th Jul 2011, 20:08
RW2, are you referring to landing weight,as there are 2 types of main gear, light and heavy. The nose gears are all rated the same.

Or are you referring to pavement number, which offhand the B727 is around a 28. This has to be lower (or higher??) than the arrival airports pavements number.

The lift coef you'll have to be very specific............

runway2
14th Jul 2011, 07:42
thanks

lift coefficients is for landing, to estimate the uplift forces on the aircraft during landing ground roll..

Since the uplift force will change with speed, it would mean that the load on the runway will also change from touchdown point until aircraft exits the the runway,
What I need to know is if any data can be obtained for this, from touchdown point to when aircraft stops (at which point the total weight of the aircraft will be on the pavement)

i came across one source, see pg 9, but its not for b727
http://www.airporttech.tc.faa.gov/naptf/att07/2002%20TRACK%20S.pdf/S10.pdf

thanks again. & sorry for lack of clarity in the Qs