PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading the fATPL to ATPL

Boing7117
8th Jul 2011, 17:30
Hopefully someone else here's gone through the upgrade process and changed the colour of their licence recently.

I've been through LASORS and checked my eligibility requirements and I tick all the boxes.

I'm uncertain though what I need to do next? Is there a form I need to complete for the CAA or do I go through my airline? I have an OPC coming up in the next 8 weeks so the "plan" is get everything signed and sorted in time to hopefully combine the OPC with a skills test.

...or is it simply not that straightforward?

Cheers.

Otto Throttle
9th Jul 2011, 09:20
In order to upgrade, you must complete form SRG1183 (available from the CAA website), and send this form with the required documents and your logbook to FCL in Gatwick to get your green book.

It's a pain in the bum to complete, and unless you have the necessary P1 time outright, you will need a letter from your employer (assuming you work for a UK operator) confirming any P1u/s time you are claiming towards your P1 total.

Once you meet the hours requirement, the skills test is the final hoop to jump through & then you can apply for the upgrade.