PDA

View Full Version : LogTen Pro

Chally604
7th Jul 2011, 17:13
Hi all,

just had some trouble with my MCC pilots log and was wondering to change and buy LogTen Pro.

Am using a Mac and Ipad.

Whats your? Whats better? MCC oder LogTen?

Seems like I need to buy the Mac version for 149 Us and than the Ipad version as well.

Is that correct or will you have all devices with one purchase?

Thanks for some input.

Cheers

Denti
7th Jul 2011, 17:28
You have to buy each version separately as far as i know, at least i bought the mac and the iphone version separately. Well, you can just download them and try it out, however only for 40 hours logged time.

Brian Cohen
7th Jul 2011, 17:59
Money well invested in both versions ...

b737NGyyc
8th Jul 2011, 05:06
I have used LogTen Pro since version 3, it is now on version 5. I have the Mac app and the apps for both the iPhone and iPad. I have manually transferred my 12500+ hours from my paper logbooks to LTP over the past 12 months or so and now I wouldn't be without it. I can now create custom reports of my entire flying career as well as having the ability to print a perfectly legible logbook at any time.

The apps are not cheap to buy all three but unless you are a geek like me you really only need the Mac app and either the iPhone or iPad app. I bought mine through the previously available upgrade path so luckily I didn't have to pay full price for all of them.

Like all software LTP has had some issues, mostly minor, over the last few years but the design and development team at Coradine are very responsive to questions and concerns. They are pretty quick to fix problems when and if they occur via software updates.

Mariner
8th Jul 2011, 08:25
I've used LogTen since it's early days, and am very happy with it.

Off course there have been issues, as with any software. But the Software developer has always addressed those issues quickly and to my satisfaction.
There are regular (free) upgrades, and software fixes when needed.

I have the iPhone app, and it works fine. But I carry my laptop in my flightbag on my trips, so hardly ever use the app.
No iPad (yet..), so no experience with it's app. But I would assume it to work as well as the iPhone app.

MD11forever
8th Jul 2011, 19:34
LogTen works without any problems - I can recommend it.

Blinkz
9th Jul 2011, 00:36
What trouble with Mcc pilot log? I found the customer service to be excellent and they do everything they can to fix any issues. They have even added features to the program that I suggested.

TiPwEiGhT
20th Jul 2011, 23:58
Can you back up the data on to a PC or does it have to be a Mac?

Looking at getting it for iPhone. Thanks!

Denti
21st Jul 2011, 05:06
The normal iPhone backup of course backs up your logten pro data as well. However there is no LogTen Pro for windows pc, only for apple products.

TiPwEiGhT
21st Jul 2011, 09:26
Thanks for the reply. I would only be inputting data to my iPhone. I am not a iProduct genuis so excuse the stupid questions, but can I print wirelessly from the iPhone?

Flying Wild
21st Jul 2011, 09:48
MCC Pilotlog is available for PC and for iphone. The iphone app will sync with your PC application.

Have found them to be very responsive to questions/problems/suggestions.

TiPwEiGhT
21st Jul 2011, 10:46
Bit thanks for the help folks! Will take a look at the MCC app and PC programme! My laptop has bitten the dust yet, so will be awhile til i upgrade to Mac!

Olivierbb
15th Dec 2011, 10:11
Be aware that version 6 IS NOT worth the cost to upgrade. i get the upgrade because I bought the program a month ago. If I had to pay for this "update" I would not have done so. Heck, we were told that version 6 would have iCloud syncing (which I was very excited about) and now I find out after the update that it doesn't have this feature... The interface has changed slightly and the duty/rest tracking is better, but overall version 6 is very disappointing. If you are on the fence about upgrading (and have to pay) save your money.
FOR NEW LOGTEN PRO USERS: BE AWARE OF THIS APP ! YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY AROUND 75$ FOR UPGRADE !!!!

AerocatS2A
15th Dec 2011, 10:21
I haven't been able to use LTP 6 yet because it's not working properly on the iPad. I love LTP 5 and highly recommend LogTen Pro in general, but my advice at this stage would be to wait until the bugs are ironed out before purchasing or upgrading to version 6. Unfortunately, because of the way the App store works, it is not possible to purchase an older version once the new version has been released. Coradine have good support and I'm confident they'll get this sorted, but the app doesn't seem to be ready yet.

9.G
15th Dec 2011, 12:41
pros: faster, better duty limitations and smart groups. excellent support.

cons: expensive, data not interchangeable between the 5 and 6 version. impossible to purchase older version or to revert back to old version. no Icloud feature yet.

Overall it's a great costly product worthwhile the investment but I'm personally missing the freedom of choice. I'd only update one of the versions I'm always working on the rest I'd leave as it is. Indirectly the customer is pushed to buy all new versions. Not very fair but brilliant marketing strategy. :ok:

Non Zero
15th Dec 2011, 13:20
cons: expensive, data not interchangeable between the 5 and 6 version.
Big cons ... you have to manually insert all the version 5 data into 6 ... big pain in the ars!

Not very fair but brilliant marketing strategy. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
New joiners have to buy 6 but old customer are really not happy ... read the forum inside Corodine webpage ... and what will happen with the version 7?
Good strategy to collect money now but absolutely poor strategy on the long run because pilots don't want to spend 75$ a year for a logbook ... sorry ... Corodine have a great product but they are loosing customers!

AerocatS2A
15th Dec 2011, 13:26
Update: After talking with the support guys, they've found a fix for the issue I had and are providing me with a fixed data file. They might not get things right every time but they do have good service and support and I'm happy to recommend the program in general (just wait for the update before getting version 6)

mutt
15th Dec 2011, 14:01
data not interchangeable between the 5 and 6 version. Are you really saying that you have to manually enter all your data from version 5 into version 6? If the answer is yes, then this is total and utter BS.

My next fear is when are they going to stop support to version 5, therefore forcing us to change?

Mutt

9.G
15th Dec 2011, 14:51
Mutt, the devil is in the details as usual. You can upload your data into the new 6 version without any problems, it's flawless. However if you're using coupla devices like Iphone or Ipad than you can't synchronize beween them unless you've upgraded all devices. That's expensive game, if you ask me. I punch all data into Iphone and then run synchronization with my MAC once at home. Now one needs to upgrade all of'em in order to be able to synchronize. however NO ICloud function yet. I'm personally happy to pay them as it's a great product but I wish they left me the choice to keep some of old software and be able to run synchronisation. :ok:

neilki
15th Dec 2011, 18:03
folks, jut noticed the full product (not upgrade) pricing is 50% off for the Mac & iOS builds until the end of the year. Available on the App Store.
i'm not affiliated with the company but was just about to trade in my old Spreadsheet for this commercial solution, and for once, glad to have waited a few days!
Happy Christmas!

9.G
15th Dec 2011, 18:49
neilki, hold on a sec are you saying that all the guys who bought some time ago and paid the full price are screwed? Well, if that's the case than it's really a very poor marketing approach indeed. Normally when a new product is thrown on the market it starts off with the discount and then the price is increased. I surely hope they refund those buyers who paid the full price. :=

Non Zero
15th Dec 2011, 19:14
What's that! The power of Pprune?

mutt
15th Dec 2011, 19:43
Power of PPrune, I wish.... lots of complaints on the Coradine site about having to pay for an upgrade, Coradine stating that they are stuck with charging due to using the APP STORE, so they were offering present users 50% off on certain dates, the next one was supposed to be 21st Dec. I guess that they expanded that to the rest of the festive season.....

So I went ahead and purchased version 6.0 for Mac and Ipad, the importation of data from 5.5 was seamless, and the sync with the Ipad was the same.

Mutt

neilki
15th Dec 2011, 19:59
@9G: i don't disagree with you, but it appears to be the case.

9.G
15th Dec 2011, 20:56
neilki, no intention to shoot the messenger whatsoever. I sincerely hope the company comes to it's senses and refunds those customers who paid the full price otherwise they surely will lose credibility. Firstly they said 50% on the 21st and only for upgrades now it's 50% discount for everybody, regardless. So what bout the technical difficulties? Very poorly handled pricing policy. There must be a refund policy in place in apple store, I take it. I'd press for a refund or a complete return of the product. In case the software developer proves to be unapproachable and doesn't show appreciation of old customers, walk away without looking back.

Denti
15th Dec 2011, 22:19
For those that bought the previous version after sep. 22nd the update is free.

Flying Daggers
16th Dec 2011, 15:25
the way they are treating you folks I'd definitely look for other options. The grievance on their website is overwhelming and there seems no end to it. Someone proposed to switch to logbook pro application also available for iPad and iPhone. The prices seem to be reasonable too. I for once won't even bother going with them since such unpredictability is in place. :yuk:

Capt Claret
16th Dec 2011, 19:39
Updates are free - ver 6.01 didn't cost anything if one already had ver 6.0.

Upgrades - ver 5.x to ver 6.x costs.

Many software packages do the same. Roxio Toast, Parallels, Microsoft Office, iWork, iLife, etc, etc.

I agree it's a bit disappointing to have bought ver 3, 4, 5 and find that the discounted price is available to all, not just existing customers. Good luck for new customers I guess but I've still upgraded at half price. :)

AerocatS2A
17th Dec 2011, 02:07
You guys complaining about the cost of logten pro, are you aware of what it costs to upgrade Microsoft office?

Denti
17th Dec 2011, 04:12
Nothing, Open Office is for free ;)

AerocatS2A
17th Dec 2011, 04:28
Open office is not Microsoft office of course.

mutt
17th Dec 2011, 20:31
YIPPPPEEEEEE..... Version 6 has just corrupted all my flight details for the last year, now all are showing on the 15th December with the same crew, totals are correct, flight numbers are correct, but the rest is corrupted.......

Version 5 working fine, unfortunately now I have to find where Version 6 stores the logbook :(:(

Mutt

Merchant Banker
17th Dec 2011, 20:57
I transferred all data to version 6 from 5 easily, however there were a few little bugs such as all my visual approaches were missing. With regards the log book file Mutt I can't find one either? Strange as in v5 there was one in the documents folder? If you are manually entering flights in bulk, it doesn't refresh the total time as quick as v5, I found myself adding up hours in my paper log book again to try and find the error until I found this out! A pain in the butt when you are faced with logging thousands of hours of paper log on to the software. Other than that, highly recommended!

Capt Claret
17th Dec 2011, 21:41
I've kept LTP5.x on both my iMac & iPad and will do so until all the bugs are sorted. I may even run both concurrently for a period.

AerocatS2A
18th Dec 2011, 01:05
Unfortunately you can't run v5 and v6 concurrently on the iPad as downloading v6 updates v5. I've had good experience with their customer service guys so if you have any problems just go to their website and let them know. V6 has a quick help link that will send an email for you and give you the option to attach your logbook file automatically (so you don't have to find it).

b737NGyyc
18th Dec 2011, 16:55
The reason the data file is difficult to find is due to Apple's decision to require developers to "sandbox" their apps. This basically isolates the apps from the OS as a security measure. Part of this decision was to hide the user's Library folder.

To find the Library folder in Finder go the "Go" menu, press the "Option" key and the Library folder will magically appear. Navigate to the "Containers" folder and within this you will see folder named com.coradine.LogtenPro6, within this folder there is a "Data" folder and this is where your logbook data is stored. There are a number of files in this folder that all contain parts of your logbook data so I would not recommend messing with them too much unless you know exactly what you are doing.

This is the path to the Data folder, replace the XXXXX with your user name.

/Users/XXXXXX/Library/Containers/com.coradine.LogTenPro6/Data

Hope that helps
Dave

mutt
18th Dec 2011, 18:18
Previously we were able to store the logbook in dropbox or similar, so even if the mac crashed, we had a backup. Do we have an option to back it up now?

Mutt

AppleMacster
18th Dec 2011, 18:28
Mutt,

All backup will be done over iCloud once Apple sort out the reliability of it. At the moment, the only way to backup is to locate the LogTen Pro file as detailed above by b737NGyyc and make a copy of that. It's not so elegant now, but once Apple has iCloud sorted, it will be.

Denti
18th Dec 2011, 19:43
Get a network connected hard drive and use timemachine, that way you always have backups.

Capt Claret
18th Dec 2011, 21:18
Unfortunately you can't run v5 and v6 concurrently on the iPad as downloading v6 updates v5.

I successfully ran LTP 5 & 6 on my iPad2 last night, duplicating the entry for the day's flying. LTP6 has downloaded as a separate App, not modified LTP5.

As to iCloud sync/backup, iCloud ate about 40 files of mine on Friday. All of my Pages, Numbers & Keynote files have disappeared. Apple Tech Support advised that I wouldn't hear from them for a few days on the issue because of a backlog of iCloud issues from other customers. :(

AerocatS2A
18th Dec 2011, 23:13
I successfully ran LTP 5 & 6 on my iPad2 last night, duplicating the entry for the day's flying. LTP6 has downloaded as a separate App, not modified LTP5.
Ah, I think my problem is that I got the iPad version after September, so even though it was LTP5 it was technically LTP6.0 and when the real LTP6 came out (LTP6.01) it updated the one I had. They did it that way so that people purchasing it for the first time close to the upgrade date got a free upgrade to v6.

Rumble
24th Dec 2011, 15:55
Logten Pro for iPad is currently at half price on te app store (Ģ27.99) so I am tempted to buy except for the backup problem.
I have an iPad but not a Mac so my only backup would be in iTunes I guess but I don't use iTunes ( dreadfully bad software ) I only use cloud backup. Does that mean for now there would be no backup of my logbook if I lost or broke my iPad?
How imminent is iCloud compatibility I wonder? Is it worth buying at the discounted price and hoping for it to arrive soon?

Chutzy
5th Jan 2012, 10:36
No way I am paying full price for an upgrade. Not even at 50% discount. I had paid for the full application once, and I am actually very happy with the features I currently have. Spending $149 + Iphone + Ipad just to see "what's new" it's senseless...
The whole upgrade to Lion OS was $40... and these guys want $149? I am not a new customer!!! I am not buying the app from scratch!
The price I paid originally was premium + already, and this behavior from coradyne is an insult! As someone said it before: greedy and arrogant.
I will not buy this upgrade for that kind of money even if I have to get back to carry the paper logbook in my briefcase.

brownstar
6th Jan 2012, 15:32
i agree with the last post. the upgrade price is just pure greed. I don't mind paying a small amount for an upgrade, they claim this is a major change, it doesn't look major from the screenshots. This is just a ridiculous price for an upgrade. Why would anyone in there right mind want to pay Ģ128 for an UPGRADE, For *@&k sake you greedy B*@sTĢ$. Get a grip Noah.!!

Popgun
7th Jan 2012, 07:25
No way I am paying full price for an upgrade. Not even at 50% discount. I had paid for the full application once, and I am actually very happy with the features I currently have. Spending $149 + Iphone + Ipad just to see "what's new" it's senseless...
The whole upgrade to Lion OS was $40... and these guys want $149? I am not a new customer!!! I am not buying the app from scratch!
The price I paid originally was premium + already, and this behavior from coradyne is an insult! As someone said it before: greedy and arrogant.
I will not buy this upgrade for that kind of money even if I have to get back to carry the paper logbook in my briefcase.

Couldn't have said it better. I totally agree. So does every pilot I fly with. Upgrade costs must be nominal...or most people won't bother.

Guys in my company who have been considering buying LogTen Pro are now mostly saying to me that they will hold off buying until they can be more certain that ongoing costs won't continue to skyrocket.

I received a marketing survey from the company yesterday. I took the few minutes to complete it and express my displeasure with their upgrade gouge pricing. Here's hoping they see reason and don't kill this great product with a greedy grab for additional cash...

PG

Denti
7th Jan 2012, 08:38
I am more than willing to pay a premium price for a premium product. But not every other year. Didn't buy the "upgrade" and don't plan to do it anytime soon. The previous version still runs fine and i don't see any reason to upgrade for a full price right now.

9.G
7th Jan 2012, 08:57
whatever price niche LTP wanna position themselves it's their decision, the sales numbers will either prove them wrong or right. However I expect them to be a little innovative next time and come out with a online solution like mycontrol or alike. Online is the future. :ok:

Popgun
28th Jan 2012, 02:17
Here's the latest:

So, what changes are we making?

You've told us what you think, and the majority is very clear! Here's what we're doing:
New Lower Price

We want every pilot to be able to take advantage of LogTen Pro, from students, to airplane owners, and from summer glider pilots to daily airline captains. Effective immediately, we've lowered the price of LogTen Pro across the board an average of 30%. Prices vary by region, but in US Dollars you can now get LogTen Pro for iPhone for only $29.99, iPad is $59.99, and for the Mac just $99.99.
Introducing LogTen Pro Universal

The overwhelming majority of pilots want to run LogTen Pro both on their iPhone AND their iPad. However, some people just need one or the other, what to do? We have been working around the clock and are just putting the finishing touches on a universal iOS app for LogTen Pro. We will still offer the individual iPhone and iPad versions for those of you who only want to run the app on one particular device, but now there will be a universal app so everyone who wants to run LogTen Pro on all their iOS devices can do it with a single purchase! Prices do vary from region to region (they're set by Apple) but in US Dollars LogTen Pro Universal will sell for just $79.99!
More LogTen Pro 6 upgrades

We want ALL our customers to be on the latest version! We will continue to offer our incredibly low half price upgrades (now just $14.99USD for iPhone, $29.99 for iPad and $49.99 for Mac during our upgrade days). In addition, we will offer upgrade opportunities each month for at least the next several months to ensure you all have a chance to upgrade when it's convenient for you.

I still believe $50 is WAY TOO MUCH for a minor program update for my MacBook. I won't be upgrading.

PG

Don Gato
24th Feb 2012, 01:10
Has anyone upgraded lately? How was the experience? Was it worth it? From what I could read in LTP's site, the upgrade to version 6 is not only expensive but quite troublesome. I currently run version 3.2. I don't think I will upgrade for the time being.

Maverick2805
24th Feb 2012, 06:58
I had no problem upgrading to v6. However i think the obly additional feature (i noticed) was the duty time graphis, which are difficult to handle (no split-duty rules).

I think the pricing is okay, as it is an awesome product and with the universal app (iPad and iPhone) they made a step towards the rigt direction.
But in my opinion, the upgrade from v5 to v6 shouldn't have been so expensive.
On the other hand, it is not possible to do a payable upgrade with apple products yet. So it is difficult for them to find the right balance between cheap upgrades for existing customers and the right pricing for new obes.

Cheers Mac

Don Gato
26th Feb 2012, 15:20
Thanks for the info. The only reason to upgrade would be to be able to sync the data among the devices. Beyond that, as you point out, there's not much new.

Prisma
30th Apr 2012, 03:26
The developers get too greedy and end up trying to milk the costumers. This is what makes people resort to piracy online.

I think I'm gonna go do a search on some torrents site... brb

xcxpx
30th Jul 2012, 00:34
Hi all,

I have both versions (6.0.8) on iPad and on iPhone but I cannot sync the two. I do not own a Mac and I am wondering whether you actually need one to sync?

Thanks.

neilki
30th Jul 2012, 18:23
Synching is -between- iOS devices and the Mac Application, so yes, you need a Mac in order to sync.

4Screwaircrew
30th Jul 2012, 21:41
My iPad and iPhone synch together without recourse to a Mac.

SilsoeSid
30th Jul 2012, 22:13
but can I print wirelessly from the iPhone?

I couldn't see a reply to this early question, the answer is 'absolutely'.
The system is AirPrint. (http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/features/airprint.html)

If like me you don't have an AirPrint enabled printer, you can still print wirelessly from your device by using 'AirPrint Activator" which can be used on a Mac/PC with any printer. How to Air Print to ANY printer from your iPod, iPad or iPhone (http://macintoshhowto.com/ipod/how-to-print-to-a-non-airprint-printer-from-your-ipod-ipad-or-iphone.html)

In a nutshell, it works and I'm most chuffed with it :ok:

737jocky
31st Jul 2012, 16:59
Does anyone know why they got rid of the "public" Q&A part of the website.
Was very handy to learn new stuff now I need to email them all the questions I could have looked up :*

ggofpac
14th Aug 2012, 14:13
HI thinkiing of getting it for my iPad.

Are you able to back up the data (in the iPad)? Sorry new to iPad and ....I'm still using paper logbook :O. Just got an iPad :O

XLNL
15th Aug 2012, 21:13
If you have an iPhone as well, get the logten universal app. It works on both (pay once) and they will serve as a back-up to each other. If you only have an iPad then I think you can still manually back-up if you sync with iTunes, but the easiest option is using apple's iCloud (free up to 5gb). Switch it on -in iCloud settings- and it should auto back-up daily (when connected to wifi).

rcanlop
17th Aug 2012, 18:56
I use MCC Pilotlog. I am really happy with it, but I have an issue with the program importing my roster to google calendar. Help desk has tried to import my aims file and they say it works, but I can not do it on my android phone neither on my android tablet.
Is this happening to me only, or any other user has the same problem?

Flying Wild
18th Aug 2012, 05:31
I use MCC Pilotlog. I am really happy with it, but I have an issue with the program importing my roster to google calendar. Help desk has tried to import my aims file and they say it works, but I can not do it on my android phone neither on my android tablet.
Is this happening to me only, or any other user has the same problem?

Are you trying to import via the Android apps? If so, that is where your problem lies. The calendar import function will only work on your PC, you will not be able to import via the Android apps.

rcanlop
20th Aug 2012, 17:06
May be I am confused about that. I import the AIMS file on my PC, but it imports all data to MCCPilotlog program, but not to any calendar program on my PC. On "PC sync options" it says "transfer all planned flights to mobile default Calendar app". I sync everything, but nothing appears on my mobile google calendar.
Can you get your flights on your calendar? I canīt.

proxus
21st Aug 2012, 09:15
Sync planned flights to mobile Calendar app

- iPhone/iPad only - expected on Android winter 2011-2012

- transfers planned future (green) flights and simulator sessions to the mobile calendar app

- to be used in combination with an airline interface

- does not transfer other duties (office, reserve, medical, etc) or weekends (expected 2013)

- when ticked, this sync will only occur for new flight logs - to resync all planned flights that have been synched to the mobile before, use the multiselect function from the Flight page

This should go into the Iphone/Pad calendar app when you re-sync after syncing your completed flights into the MCC. From the calendar app in the Iphone you have to have some kind of syncing between the calendar app and your google calendar. Check those settings in the Iphone.

rcanlop
21st Aug 2012, 09:32
Thanks for your response, but I donīt use Iphone/Ipad (sorry,:rolleyes:)
I use android both on my phone and my tablet. And I canīt sync future flights (green ones). It seems to be very useful, but I can not use it.
There is nothing I can do on my phone (no further configurations on the calendar), as it should be imported from the MCCPilotlog APP on my phone to my mobile google calendar (itīs the only calendar app on my phone).
When I sync on my PC, it says the number of calendar entries exported. This file is sent to MCCCloud. But when I sync on my phone, it imports everything for the MCCPilotlog app., but it shows "0" calendar entries.

Any other ideas are very welcome!
Thanks!

elkante
21st Sep 2012, 16:44
Hello.
Like many of us I'm using LogTen Pro logbook. I found that there was no way for iPad owners to use this application completely stand alone, no way to produce a good pdf file from the .html logbook file.

I tried many online "web to pdf" services (but they don't work fine and there is an obvious problem of privacy) and some iPad application but the result wasn't fine, the documents were outside margines

So I addressed my question directly to the customers service of Coradine (developer of LogTen Pro) and to the developer of an iPad browers called START, that has "web to pdf" functions.

The feedback was great, START developer worked very quickly on it and now iPad LogTen Pro users have the possibility to archive their activity on pdf (landscape orientation) file from the .html file.

I hope that this information can be helpful for somebody

NeverEnoughSpeed
30th Sep 2012, 08:10
Hi all,

Like a lot of you, I baulked at the upgrade price that they wanted when they released version 6 of their new software and that is seemed like they had no respect for their existing dedicated clients who I'm sure like myself, touted the virtues of the LogTen Pro software to all my pilot friends (even some non-pilots lol). I too also completed their survey that they sent out and was happy to hear that they were actually listening to their customers I thought. However I was very disappointed to hear that their solution was to tell me when I could buy the upgrade at a discount (that honestly I thought was not enough of one). At the time I was taking a break in my professional flying career due to a severe illness with a family member and at the time, I certainly didn't see the reason to spend the money that they were asking even during their discount periods. However now I am back flying again and have picked up an iPad for myself to use as an EFB along with the ForeFlight software and Garmin GDL 39 ADS-B receiver, I want my Logbook on my iPad and have sadly realized that my version 5 iPhone app is not universal obviously and I can only get version 6 for the iPad now that will also require me to upgrade my Mac software and both of these at full price!!! All this simply because I wanted to wait to do the upgrade and not buy during their "special" period. I'm really frustrated with this, I have been a dedicated user for year across two major releases. I really don't feel like spending more money on this then I did for the majority of my EFB solution on the iPad when I already own a copy! Obviously none of you really can help, but after my frustrations while searching the Internet for a solution tonight, I felt like venting a little.

A fellow frustrated Coradine customer,

Denti
30th Sep 2012, 12:58
I understand your frustration about the way Coradine did this. Apart from the initial discount phase they have discounts several times a year. Subscribe to their newsletter to find out when they have another discount period.

I actually used my old iphone app on the ipad until they had a discount on V6. It worked quite well, yes, it uses only part of the screen or is really huge if run in the 2x setting, but it works nonetheless.

Cliffk
5th Dec 2012, 09:10
Just joined the 21st century and bought Logten Pro for IPad and IPhone. Just coming up to 1500 hrs in my paper logbook and was wondering if I have to enter each flight individually into Logten or is there a way to enter previous totals and start from there?

Many Thanks

sdielectrical
19th Dec 2012, 07:10
Hi. Does anyone have a custom report that’s suitable for Australian Flight & Duty time limits for Logten Pro

I have just started working for someone who needs a printout at the end of each month and CAO48 does my head in. I have all my data in logten pro, just need it to print out a suitable report

cheers

Yazid
28th Jun 2013, 19:08
Hi,

I bought first LogTen Pro for iPad and it was great, that I wanted to buy LogTen Pro for the iPhone. Now I'm unable to sync them, my iPad is keep saying that the iPhone is offline, I'm already regretted!
Does anyone have this problem?

iPad and iPhone LogTen Pro 6.0.13

Denti
28th Jun 2013, 20:36
I had that happen sometimes two. However in my home network it works fine. Both devices need to be in the same wlan and on both you have to have logten open to sync them. You might need to check your network configuration and probably check the customer service at coradine, they are very good.

volare_737
30th Jun 2013, 13:26
Any ideas when Version 7 could be released ?

Serenity
12th Sep 2013, 14:02
Any ideas when v7.0 could be released.

Don't want to get v6 if it is to be updated soon.

Cheers.

Jagdfalke
4th Dec 2013, 03:45
The prospect of having to pay for future logten updates doesn't sit well with me. A logbook is something that a pilot takes with them their entire career, and the costs of inevitable updates will no doubt add up.

FWIW mccPilotLog has a one off cost, syncs across mobile devices (apple, android, windows mobile) without having to pay extra for the mobile versions, and has more or less the same features. Logten pro has better visual appeal, but other than that it just seems horribly overpriced for what it is.