PDA

View Full Version : Pilots, you can fly, but can you take science to a higher level?

SelmaP
6th Jul 2011, 10:58
Human Factors Research

Dear PPRuNe reader,

I'm a Human Factors and Safety Assessment in Aeronautics student from Cranfield and I'm in need of your help. For my research I'm interested in Safety Culture among commercial airline pilots. It will not take up more than 15 minutes of your time and it would be of tremendous help to me.

Tell me something about your job and click on the following link
Safety Culture Inquiry Tool (http://surveys.nlr-atsi.nl/?e=17483&h=B39A507772B93CA&l=en)

The survey has been discussed with PPRuNe Towers and permission is given for it to appear here. The sponsoring agency is the Dutch Aerospace Laboratory (www.nlr-atsi.nl (http://www.nlr-atsi.nl/))

In any case, thank you for your help. More information follows below.
Purpose of the research:

To explore the relationship between saftey climate and organisational commitment. Safety climate is the shared employee perceptions of how safety management is being operationalized in the workplace, functioning as an indicator of "true priority" of safety within the organisation. Safety climate is of interest because it appears to be related to safety performance.

Why is it an issue?

Previous research has found that the relationship between Safety Climate and safety behaviour was influenced by organizational commitment. Organizational commitment is the level of attachment you feel psychologicaly to your organization. In this research safety climate and organizational commitment will be compared across different types of carriers.

Confidentiality:

All personal information that is provided will be treated with the strictest confidence and all raw data remains anonymous.

Although the information provided will be used by Cranfield University for research purposes, it will not be possible to identify any specific individual from the data reported as a result of this research. Raw data will be accessible only to the researcher and the supervising staff at Cranfield University. All data collected will be stored in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (1998).

The data collected will only be used for research purposes as part of the Safety Culture & Organizational Commitment Among Commercial Pilots project. The results will be written up as a thesis.

The results will be published here in early September 2011.

grant_chapman
6th Jul 2011, 15:14
Completed the survey for you. I hope this helps your research

toffee_248
6th Jul 2011, 15:15
Finished. took no time at all.