PDA

View Full Version : And at LHR tonight.... Thai 747 ???

denhamjosh18
2nd Jul 2011, 22:21
Hey everybody,

Im not sure if this is the right place for it, but I was Spottering :cool: at Heathrow tonight from my Nan's back garden (finals for 27R) and a Thai 747 flew by. Then a Eva 777 went around, and a Speedbird A320 or 19 went around aswell. (to high to tell the 7 rows apart). A little birdy told me that the fire brigade attended the party.

Anybody know what happened, or if it was just sort off a standard incident.

The a/c were then changed over to the left for 5 mins, then to my enjoyment, and probably to the passengers disapproval, a BMI a320 done an abrupt S-shaped turn to change from the left to right which is to my knowledge about 4 or 5 miles from touchdown. Then a/c behind just done a normal line up (and still are)

So summarize (can't spell) anyone know about the Thai 747

Thank you and goodnight :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Jul 2011, 06:16
Burst tyre? Hydraulic problem? Could have been one of many reasons.. Perhaps someone might say but it's all fairly routine stuff.

denhamjosh18
3rd Jul 2011, 08:03
I thought it would be something "normal" like that .... well nothing on the news, so it can't of been very sinister.:E

Doug E Style
4th Jul 2011, 14:14
"then to my enjoyment, and probably to the passengers disapproval, a BMI a320 done an abrupt S-shaped turn to change from the left to right"

I expect the pilots enjoyed it too; we don't get to do that very often...

Get me some traffic
4th Jul 2011, 23:34
Don't worry about the odd go-around. A few years ago I attended a conference on runway capacity where a very senior line Captain of a highly respected British airline commented: "In a capacity strapped situation, if there isn't the odd go-around in a day, ATC are not trying hard enough!" He has a very valid point IMHO.

angels
5th Jul 2011, 07:51
Nice little yarn thought, maybe routine to all concerned, but all part of the fascination of aviation to non-aviation folk.

Would be nice to know what went on!