PDA

View Full Version : CAA

downwind2
27th Jun 2011, 19:34
Does anyone know what employment prospects are like with the CAA. Have heard they are reviewing pay and pensions?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Jun 2011, 20:03
I believe it's NATS which employs air traffic controllers..?

Spitoon
27th Jun 2011, 20:32
Don't know much about the review but beware the role that the CAA may have in the future when EASA takes competence for ATM/ANS issues. Half or more of what the CAA's ATS people currently do is likely to go out the window.

Radarspod
27th Jun 2011, 20:57
I believe it's NATS which employs air traffic controllers..?

And the MoD, and a number of authorities and airport owners, etc..... :ok:

The expansion and European centralisation of EASA juristiction will undoubtably reduce the potential to catch a good opportunity in the UK CAA, as Spitoon says. However, it's definitely an organisation worth getting into if you can. I've a number of colleagues in various departments of the CAA who enjoy the job and the associated T's & C's. :}

RS

chevvron
30th Jun 2011, 10:31
The number of times I applied, it would seem you only get into the CAA via the 'old boys' network.

Danscowpie
30th Jun 2011, 18:32
Spitoon is spot on, EASA will eventually take over most of the roles within the Belgrano asylum.
Most CAA salaries are now uncompetitive compared with other operational roles, especially considering that they don't pay relocation expenses any more.
Not really worth it for an uncertain future.

Ops336
6th Jul 2011, 08:24
Employment opportunities are few and far between at the mo. There is a review of T&C's on the horizon, and external recruitment is low.