PDA

View Full Version : JMC

boxmover
24th May 2001, 19:05
I am interested in JMC

Please can someone tell me

1. What are the pilot bases are on each type?

2. In general what sort of work each fleet does?

3. What the starting pay is?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by boxmover (edited 26 May 2001).]

Direct Turnberry
24th May 2001, 23:25
B757 pilots are based at LGW BHX MAN NCL and GLA. The Airbus pilots are based at LGW STN LTN BRS CWL EMA and MAN. Both fleets do short - medium haul IT charters, although the senior Airbus crews at LGW and MAN will be cross qualified on the 320 and 330 by the end of the year. There is more chance of winter contract work on the A320 as most aircraft go abroad for the winter, most of the B757 fleet stays in the uk for the winter season. I don't have the exact pay scales to hand but there are 2 co-pilot scales SFO for those with an ATPL and FO for those with a frozen ATPL. An SFO starts on around 37 grand, I'm not sure about FO but I think it is around 27 to 28 thousand but the pay scales are under review at the moment. That said they will probably not change by much. Overall though they are a pretty decent bunch to work for on the whole.

Hope that helps

Cheers

DCT TRN

Edited because I still can't spell!.

[This message has been edited by Direct Turnberry (edited 24 May 2001).]

boxmover
26th May 2001, 13:19
Thanks

What is the approximate time to command on the 75 and airbus?

Direct Turnberry
26th May 2001, 22:07
Who knows. Over the last couple of years quite a few people have got commands after around 2 years. The huge increase in fleet size seems to have come to an end so I don't think there will be as many oppertunities in the future. The company has nearly 200 co-pilots who are all more senior than any new start. I have a friend at easyjet who thinks that there will be plenty of commands coming up due too a couple of dozen 737's on order, might be worth a try. jmc will want 4000hrs and a years service as a minimum for command the will drop the hours to 3500 for more senior co-pilots if they have all the other requirements.

If you need anymore info about jmc give me an email.

Cheers

tailscrape
28th May 2001, 03:25
Who knows how long a command will take? I would guess though that with 200 odd of us right seaters that JMC will not need (or maybe able to offer) to offer commands to those with 1 years service and the relevant hours. I imagine in time it will go on a straightforward seniority numbers basis, mixed with suitability and experience.

After all, we are BALPA now, so I don't think in the long term quick commands will be knocking about as they have been.

I may be wrong though. It depends on numbers leaving etc....

Still, I believe: Join at the bottom and wait your turn. 200 of us are!

boxmover
28th May 2001, 22:39
Thanks for the info