PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbook for Mac

Tempo
19th Jun 2011, 00:37
Hello,

Does anybody have a link for a free downloadable electronic logbook for Mac.

Preferably Australian format.

I used one in the past that was Excel based. That worked quite well but that died when my windows based PC gave up on life.

Thanks.

Hasselhof
19th Jun 2011, 00:44
Pay peanuts get monkeys. Spend some $ and get LogTen Pro (http://coradine.com/logten-pro/).

RadioSaigon
19th Jun 2011, 00:50
Concur Hasselhof, LogTen Pro is the only realistic option IMO. It's just brilliant. You spend a fortune on the contents of your logbook... it's well worth the (relatively) minor expense of the software to purchase a reputable product that will do everything you need it to do swiftly and easily well into the foreseeable future.

Tempo
19th Jun 2011, 01:07
I am aware of that program/app and am not interested in buying it. So if anyone else out there has some other recommendations that that would be great.

I am after a simple Excel based program that I can backup my logbook with.

startingout
19th Jun 2011, 01:20
If you have no interest in LogTen why not just use a word document or just design a excel spreadsheet yourself... it's easy =sum(a1:a99). There is a reason for LogTen and their sales... you can backup all you want and it is a tax deduction. I have used if for a many years now and as a professional pilot who isn't flying out of their home base and cannot afford to lose my logbook if I leave it in a hotel room in Asia.

Tempo
19th Jun 2011, 03:14
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

I guess I will just make one myself.

Good luck with Logten boys.

Lasiorhinus
19th Jun 2011, 08:19
Who's excel one were you using? I had one available on PPRuNe a while ago, as did a few other people. Mine was written on a Mac, and will work just as well on any platform. Are you using OpenOffice on the Mac?

PyroTek
19th Jun 2011, 09:56
Lasiorhinus, if i'm not mistaken, yours is the one I'm using now.. Would you mind sending me your latest version though? :ok:

Thanks
Pyro

Tempo
19th Jun 2011, 10:21
Yep...using office for mac

baswell
19th Jun 2011, 12:25
using office for mac
Oh the irony...

WannaBeBiggles
20th Jun 2011, 03:34
Use google documents, they provide spreadsheet functionality, including the ability to do formulas. It's free, always online and completely platform independent.

Lasiorhinus
20th Jun 2011, 06:50
Pyro, how long ago did I give you that last copy? I'll email you a current edition once I make a blank without all my hours in it.
Do you want it in Excel or OpenOffice?

PyroTek
20th Jun 2011, 08:05
Excel is great Lasiorhinus, Not sure of the version, but I know it is old! :ok:

tskyqueen
13th Jan 2012, 21:48
Hi guys,

I am in the process of switching to an electronic logbook, but have about 2300 lines to get up to date. Logbook pro and logbookentry both offer data entry, is anyone aware of other services? Those option range from $400-$600. I will be using log ten pro eventually. Any suggestions? I need it completed in 2 weeks.
Thanks.