PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat policy - bmi shorthaul

Charley
24th Feb 2001, 03:16
I'm off to the bright lights and dizzying buzz of London on the 8th March, MAN-LHR and back again later on that day.

What is bmi British Midland's j/s policy at the moment? More to the point, would the crew have time to accomodate a brief visitor on such a short sector? After all, the flight is only 60-65 minutes long and so they might not welcome an intrusion.

Speedbird 2946
24th Feb 2001, 15:07
It is, as always, Captain's discretion but personal experience with bmi is good! Very accomodating and willing to take visitors for a flight I took which was 50 mins only!

Good Luck!

southdowns
28th Feb 2001, 16:10
I have flown LHR-AMS-LHR a number of times in the past few months. I have asked the purser when boarding, only once have I been asked for ID (had my PPL with me) and once my request was refused as it was a training flight.

Go ahead, ask, you have nothing to loose!

S

AffirmBrest
28th Feb 2001, 16:17
The LHR-MAN sector is in fact only usually about 30mins airborne - add a busy cabin and a short/non-existent cruise and your chances are slim to non-existent unless you manage to talk to the crew/dispatcher EARLY, giving them a chance to ask the Capt, and leaving enough time for you to meet the crew and strap in the front at least 15 min before pushback.

You would most likely need to stay in the JS for the duration of the flight, and would probably miss your meal and cup of tea - unless the flight was REALLY quiet. That said, MAN based crews are experts at the short service and I doubt you would find many objections from the flight deck, save for the reasons above. Have fun!

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...