PDA

View Full Version : MD80 pilot hiring in Caribbean

ShinjukuHustler
14th Jun 2011, 23:48
Someone is hiring MD80 pilots in Caribbean through Aeroprofessionals in the UK.

I know it isn't Redjet cos they're too small...

Does anyone know? Is it Insel? or maybe Copa?

Here's the advert...

MD80 First Officer - Carribbean - FD (166)(June 2011)We are currently looking for experienced MD80 First Officers to join our clients operation on a contract basis. This is a great opportunity to work in an excellent location for a friendly airline. The Airline will provide accommodation for the duration of the contract. 2000 Hours Total TSA Cleared MD80 Rating on License Last Simulator and flight on type (DC-9-80 Series or MD80 Series) within last 6 months ideally

Requirements:

1) FAA ATPL
2) Current on type
3) 500h On Type
4) Extendable Contract

caribflyer04
15th Jun 2011, 13:08
It is Insel Air. They require First Officers only for a 3 month contract fro the possibility of 6 months to be based in Curacao. $4,200 per month. The kicker is they plan to hold evaluations in Miami on 06/20 and expect you to leave right away. No details about accommodation or other terms and conditions.

I was not impressed one bit with Abrar from Aeroprofessional, he is extremely rude and basically a complete idiot.

Good luck

Roscoedog
6th Jul 2011, 13:33
I agree but they are all idiots at aeropro or amateurs with no aviation experience or knowledge, a sign of today's monkey see monkey do, how hard is it to tick a box on a list of requirements? stay away from them