PDA

View Full Version : Applying for NATS

Nick-viation
8th Jun 2011, 15:16
Hi, I'm a student currently studying my first year of college, and I'm currently studying for my PPL aswell. I was wondering when it is the best time for me to apply for NATS, as I have another year of college yet to come.

Thanks
Nick

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Jun 2011, 16:15
Hi Nick. I don't think anyone will be able to provide you with a reliable answer as recruiting should vary depending on demand for controllers. However, NATS is short of controllers they're not recruiting like mad so it would be difficult to forecast what the situation might be when you have finished colleg.!

Someone with more knowledge of the current situation may, hopefully, be able to advise you better.

Good luck and I hope it all pans out for you.

Danscowpie
8th Jun 2011, 20:14
As Bren says and my contacts concur, NATS HR seem to be on a suicide mission and have decided that they won't entertain recruitment of experienced ATCOs until the end of the year and have decided that only a very limited number of ab initio trainees wil have the privilage of joining in the same time span.

Absolutely bonkers on both counts but there's no harm in you applying on - line now with a view to joining in 2012.

Best of luck to you.

Avoiding_Action
8th Jun 2011, 21:42
According to management we are overstaffed.

Roffa
8th Jun 2011, 21:45
According to management we are overstaffed.

They just have the wrong validations.

PhiltheReaper
8th Jun 2011, 22:23
I'm currently waiting on my NATS Stage 3, so hopefully I will be one of those lucky few!

You may notice a "stickied" thread at the top of the ATC Issues section called NATS Recruitment Process. Perhaps look in there for answers to any other questions you have. Essentially (it is my belief that) NATS are looking for a set of quality and a certain ethos. You can be 19 of 29 so long as you have what they're looking for, I'm not sure they are too bothered about your education history?

These kind people above who seem to have insider knowledge might be able to provide good insight though.

Phil