PDA

View Full Version : BA London-Phoenix-San Diego

whatshouldiuse
8th Jan 2001, 00:01
All;

Another SLF here with a few questions regarding the above flight.

1) Do all the PAX have to disembark in PHX for customs and immigration? If not, why does BA always seem to lose PAX in terminal 4 at PHX? On a constant basis, about 45 minutes after this flight has landed, numerous pages can be heard in the terminal asking for Mr or Mrs soanso etc....(They're normally around the Duty Free Shop) ... to return to the plane. If you go throught immigration and customs in PHX, do you have to do it in San Diego? What happens if you don't return to the plane? Are you left behind? Lot's worse places than PHX at this time of year :-)

2) How come this flight can't pick up passengers in PHX and transport them to San Diego? It looks like at least 50% of the PAX disembark in PHX? Lack of international flight agreements ????.I don't know.

3) The crew I see from the plane (and please bear in mind terminal 4 houses Southwest and America West, the 2 biggest airlines in PHX so I'm there a lot) look like you could blow on them and they'd fall over. They bring a new definition to the word tired. Does this same crew continue onto San Diego? How much rest do they get? I thought my job was hard until I saw these folks.

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

WhatshouldIuse as all the good names are taken?

mik
8th Jan 2001, 00:28
Funnily enough, I asked the flight deck crew these questions when I flew to Phoenix last year.

All pax have to disembark in PHX for customs, as it is the U.S. "port of entry".

BA aren't allowed to fly pax directly from one U.S. city to another, unless the pax boarded the aircraft in the UK.

There is a crew change at PHX. Another crew will fly PHX->San Diego->PHX. A third crew fly PHX->LHR.

ACARS
8th Jan 2001, 00:48
Did this flight last year aswell. Mik is correct in what he says.

whatshouldiuse
8th Jan 2001, 00:51
Mik;

Thanks for the excellent answers.

Still dying to know how many folks are left behind in PHX on a weekly basis...If you're in the terminal at the time, it's almost like been in England with the great BA annoucments:

BA Personnel 'Will Mr. Alan Smith please report back to BA xxxx as we are ready to depart. Thank-You Sir'

Conversely

America West 'Alan Smith. If you hear this and cannot return to the aircraft by the time this announcement is finshed, you will be left behind'....

I hate it when that happens...

WhatshouldIuse as all the good names are taken?

Captain Airclues
8th Jan 2001, 01:45
whatshouldiuse

We don't leave anyone behind, the announcements just get louder and louder until we find them all.
The problem will end in April when the destinations are split, both PHX and SAN getting a non-stop 777 flight. The 'tired' 744 crews are probably just feeling sad at the thought of losing one of our favourite destinations to the 777.

Airclues

whatshouldiuse
8th Jan 2001, 03:30
Airclues;

Thanks. great news. A 777 from PHX to LGA....perfect!!! Could you talk to Rod about those introductory $99:00 one way fares.....?? I used them once..... but only once.

Thanks

Whatshouldiuse when all the good names are taken?