PDA

View Full Version : BM & BMC

AH64 APACHE
7th Jan 2001, 18:51
Can anyone tell me where BM fly to and from. I have read their websites and come up with contradictions in their literature.
I have read they fly from Nottingham and to Monaco which I had not heard before? Is this true?

Where does BMC fly to and under what livery and what aircraft?

Thanks for any kind hearted reply.

"Toujours L'Audacite"
:) :) :)

Eff Oh
8th Jan 2001, 03:32
BMA Fly to: Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Hamburg, Hannover, Leeds Bradford, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Nice, Palma Mallorca, Paris (CDG), Rome, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Teeside. Chicago, Washington.
On this they use B737/300/400/500, A320/321, A330, F100/70.
BMC fly to: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Esbjerg, Glasgow, Sumburgh, Manchester, Belfast, Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, Jersey, Guernsey, Brussels, Paris.
They fly, Saab SF340A/B, Embraer ERJ 145.

AH64 APACHE
9th Jan 2001, 01:15
You're a star.

Where did you get the info off? Their official website contradicts with their Voyager website which is a but strange.

Do you happen to know why they operate as two different outfits?
Is this business strategy?

Eff Oh
10th Jan 2001, 00:07
I know because I used to work for BMC on the Saab 340! (Now B757) Yeah they do operate as seperate companies. Many people have A LOT to say about BMC!! However they were very good to me, I had NO complaints. They have their problems, but show me an airline that does not!! I only left because I got my dream job, and an offer I could not turn down.
As for BM, the people I know who went across to BMA from BMC thinking that the "Grass was greener", Found out that it may well be greener, but it is just as hard, sometimes harder to cut!! :) That is all I am going to say on the matter. :)
Hope this is of some use.
Eff Oh.

AH64 APACHE
11th Jan 2001, 01:52
Nuff said Eff Oh!

Why are they two different entities?

Who actually owns BM?

How can you tell apart the A320 and the A321?

So many questions and so little time!

What is flying the 340 like? I would'nt mind doing some pootling round in that...

__________________________________________-

'Toujours L'Audacite!'
:) ;) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif)

Eff Oh
11th Jan 2001, 02:48
BMA is owned by Sir Michael Bishop and Luftansa/SAS, I believe. I may be wrong, as I wasnt interested too much in who owned them!!! :)
The 340 is a great little aircraft, tremendous fun, and fantastic learning experience!!!!!!
The A320 is smaller then the A321. The A320 has 2 small over wing exits. The A321 does not, it has more full doors, 8 I think.
Why are you so interested??

AH64 APACHE
12th Jan 2001, 17:46
Thanks for the info.

I'm considering winging an application their way. Just want to know what it's like.
A little digging goes a long way!