PDA

View Full Version : All 1900 drivers!!!

7212wing
4th Jun 2011, 18:03
Hi Guys,( 1900 drivers)

Can anybody help me on the following questions? Regarding the1900 aircrafts.
How will a total electrical power failure affects our VHF communications?

(a)Captain's side will be working but F/O side will be U/S.
(b) Won't affect the VHF system because it is AC powered.
(c)They will be lost unless we can power the HOT BATT BUS.

redskyventures
5th Jun 2011, 11:23
Hi - it might be more productive if you rephrase your question. A total electrical failure would be just that - a total electrical failure, i.e no generators, no battery. I don't know of any aircraft I've ever flown that would still have a functioning radio after a total electrical failure ;)
(I somehow don't think this is the answer you are looking for???)

Do you mean a failure of the engine driven (DC) generators, or some other type of electrical system failure?

I haven't flown a B190 for a while, but here's a link to the flight safety manual for the series:
http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/other-poh/Be1900-FS-systems%20descriptions%20manual.pdf

If it doesn't answer your question it might at least give you a clue to how to ask it to gain a better chance for someone to answer it.

7212wing
7th Jun 2011, 04:00
That was my exact sentiment. That was posed as a question and I try to argue since it does not make any sense but to no avail. I just wanted to find out whether it make sense or not . Thank you.

7212wing
14th Jun 2011, 16:27
Thank you for the manual!!! However,these was not what I was looking for. I was asked to answer but was not sure about it,that was my problem. For me it did not make sense .
Cheers!