PDA

View Full Version : Age 60 in France?

renzo.zubi
2nd Jun 2011, 05:21
Are pilots from the age of 60 to 64 with JAR-licences flying commercially to or over France still restricted in any way?

According to Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.060 France does not allow pilots 60 and over to fly to or over it's territory. This is contrary to the JAR rule.

I would like to find information or a written statement, that there are no limitations for non-French operators and pilots to operate according to JAR regulations.

Denti
2nd Jun 2011, 06:20
Flying over and into/out of france for foreign carriers is possible with pilots over 60, provided it is only one of them and all the other stuff. It is a result of ICAO changing the recommended retirement age from 60 to 65.

For french carriers the age 60 rule is still valid as far as i know.

renzo.zubi
3rd Jun 2011, 14:51
:D

But I would like to see something in writing in an NOTAM, AIC or regulation!?!

dusk2dawn
3rd Jun 2011, 20:04
French AIP GEN 1.7-1:
Les commandants de bord et les copilotes ne peuvent exercer dans le transport aérien public français au-delà de l’âge de soixante ans

French AIP GEN 1.7-2:
Captains and co-pilots may not work in French public air transport beyond the age of sixty.

renzo.zubi
5th Jun 2011, 05:54
??Is there a AIC or something from France or JAR/EASA where the following statement is written??:

"Flying over and into/out of france for foreign carriers is possible with pilots over 60, provided it is only one of them and all the other stuff. It is a result of ICAO changing the recommended retirement age from 60 to 65."

dusk2dawn
5th Jun 2011, 08:04
ICAO did not change the recommended retirement age from 60 to 65.

The ICAO member states - including France - changed Annex 1 (Personnel Licensing) to the Convention on International Civil Aviation.

However, France has utilized the option they have as a sovereign state to enforce a national rule that "Captains and co-pilots may not work in French public air transport beyond the age of sixty".

As long as you are not operating "in French public air transport" you can fly in France according to the rules in Annex 1.

EASA does not deviate from ICAO in this respect.

parabellum
6th Jun 2011, 21:49
That would depend, are you referring to European Law or the French version of European Law?;)

renzo.zubi
9th Jun 2011, 09:17
So pilots over 60 flying charter to France with bizjets did not experiance any problems or were not "harassed" during rampchecks or license-checks during the last few years??

Dufo
11th Jun 2011, 03:58
Not long ago (2 months) we requested and got approved a written exemption from French DGCA for one of our captains who is 62, to operate out of Marseille. EU carrier, operating intra-eu cargo route.

renzo.zubi
21st Jun 2011, 19:10
?? Well, thanX! But I still would like to see something written by "France" about flying charter from an EASA/JAR-country to la grande nation! :rolleyes: