PDA

View Full Version : Bizjet jobs in SE England

Porgy
6th Jan 2001, 18:41
I posted this to Bizjets and GA and got no replies...maybe I will fare better here?

I am a 43 yr old CAA ATPL with ca 3,000 hours, of which 700 in HS125, 1500 in MELs and 800 in SELs.
I lost my HS125 job in the recession about 10 years ago. I had recently taken command. The job situation was so bad that I left the industry and started a small company.

In the meantime I have maintained currency (ie IR/Class I medical) on my own light twin.

The company can now run itself and I am thinking about getting back into pro flying.

I would want to start again in about April, flying VIP/Exec/Corporate/Medivac Jets or turboprops. I have no glass experience, and no CRM training. I would expect to start as f/o.

I am committed to living in SE England, so I am talking LHR, LGW, Biggin, Fairoaks, Farnborough, Blackbushe, with LTN, STN, SOU, Southend, Manston as possibilities.

Could some kind soul give me an opinion as to whether I am wasting my time even thinking about this, and should just go for an airline, or if there is a sensible possibility of getting such a job.

TIA

Porgy