PDA

View Full Version : help needed with C208 float training

Capt.Vamshi
1st Jun 2011, 13:25
hello everybody... I am looking forward for a C208 float rating and need help in this regard, can any one please provide me with the information where i can get training on c208 amphibian aircraft .. thank you

altiplano
1st Jun 2011, 15:46
Myabe get a job on a C208 amphib and get PPC'd?

upontop325
1st Jun 2011, 16:45
Just a guess, but sounds like he is not Canadian.

rigpiggy
8th Jun 2011, 04:32
go to pilotcareercenter.com. on the left side search by a/c type, call all the operators until you can find one that will help. pay for said help, then fly

Wildpilot
8th Jun 2011, 04:34
Where in the world are you firstly and why do you want to pay for your own rating.

Pilot DAR
10th Jun 2011, 03:19
I would suggest that if you do not have a float rating at all, taking initial training on a 208 would unlikely, and wasteful, particularly if you have limited experience flying Caravan landplanes.

I Canada, there is no 208 float rating. Just a "sea" rating on a fixed wing license. Consider getting a float rating on a smaller type first, then experience on a Cessna 206 on floats, and with that, you will be much more easily received for Caravan float training, and doing it in many fewer expensive hours.

The Caravan amphibian is very pleasant to fly, though not an abinitio trainer. You're going to take 10 to 15 hours minimum to become basically skilled on floats, the aircraft type won't be a factor for those initial hours. You might as well spend $400 per hour, rather than four to five times that!

Try Lake Country Airways in Orillia, Ontario, they'll get you started in a 172 an floats. If you can fly that well, and add that skill to your Caravan wheelplane experience, you'll be off to a good start for a Caravan amphib

Capt.Vamshi
10th Jun 2011, 05:14
thank you very much for the advise. much needed advise for a fresher.... :)