PDA

View Full Version : UAS

KBaB
3rd Jan 2001, 17:36
In September I will be starting uni in London, with plans to join a UAS.
Is this something I should get sorted before moving to London (i.e. now) or when Im at uni (in September)

Thanks,
KBaB

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Jan 2001, 19:33
They should be at the start of term clubs and societies fair. If they're not, look up London UAS in the first few weeks, and ring them up for an application form. They generally interview late in the first term.

G

KBaB
3rd Jan 2001, 19:39
cool, thanks for that Genghis.

happy new year.

KBaB

212man
4th Jan 2001, 03:43
GTE maybe more current than me (I joined 1985) but my UAS interviewed early in the term. I wrote before the summer holiday and had an interview arranged before I'd even arrived. Things may have changed, but a quick phone call to the admin officer can't do any harm. Good luck, you'll enjoy it!

BTW Have you taken a year out, are very confident, have esp or know the A level markers? Seems early to know that you "are going to uni in sptember".

------------------
Another day in paradise

KBaB
4th Jan 2001, 05:00
i have been made offers by a few uni's, still waiting for some to reply.

thanks for the advice,

KBaB

Genghis the Engineer
4th Jan 2001, 16:48
I'm only a couple of years more current than 212man - I imagine individual COs do things slightly differently. As he says, you can do worse than give the squadron adjutant a ring.

G

FlyingJock
4th Jan 2001, 22:20
KBab,

I'd make sure you make it to the Societies Fayre, as the UAS i joined only took applications at Fayres for 2 days per university. I phoned during the summer, trying to get a head-start, but they weren't having any of it, and just told me to see them at the fayre.

Get ready for a hard slog though. My university's Societies Fayre was on Sep 22nd, and we were formally enrolled on Nov 10th!!