PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

EMAS
23rd May 2011, 12:49
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask what the job opportunities are like in Canada? I have 2700hrs TT with 2500hrs on a medium turbo-prop aircraft.

Are jobs like rocking-horse s:mad:t?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.:ok:

ajet32
23rd May 2011, 15:41
Well if you are a Canadian Citizen with a Canadian licence and 2500 Medium turboprop time you might get the nod from any number of operators. If you are not a citizen then I would say zero chance. There are any number of Canadians with that experience and likely PIC time looking to move up.
The licence conversion would be the least of your worries; getting the right to work and live in Canada will be a much bigger obstacle.

clunckdriver
23rd May 2011, 16:45
Further to the above post, due to the huge revelations about phony pilots documents going on right now {In Canada TC is finally looking at this} there is a reluctance to hire any pilot who aint home grown, thus making background checks easier. Even in Canada we have had our share, in fact one pilot at a fairly new comuter outfit has decided to go from whence he came before he is unmasked in public, so if you do come to Canada have your documents totally in order and able to pass a most detailed check. Its the old story of the many being messed around by the few fakers out there.

EMAS
23rd May 2011, 19:18
Yip, I thought that would be the case. I'm South African with British Citizenship (the poms want ridiculous requirements to convert), so I just wanted to check. What operators are there? Is there a major demand for work, regardless of where you come from? Or is it like us - too many pilots and no jobs!

Appreciate the help:ok:

break_break
26th May 2011, 07:20
Or is it like us - too many pilots and no jobs!

Well, I think you summed it up pretty neatly there.