PDA

View Full Version : "Flex 35 SRS Runway"?

Speedbird Concorde 1
14th Dec 2001, 23:34
Hi,

When performing the take-off roll, can someone please explain to me what the co-pilot means when he says "Flex 35 SRS Runway"? :confused:
This has been bugging me for a very long time.

Thanks

really not
14th Dec 2001, 23:53
Airbus speak for :
Flex 35 - engines de-rated to an eqivalent oat of 35 deg c
SRS - speed reference system - ie machine driving to maintain speed for take off and v2 ( useful)
Runway - you're on one (oh yes it's also the right one you have the ils tuned for - automatically done by the box) :) :)

52049er
15th Dec 2001, 20:09
Many of the (early) 'problems' associated with airbus' derived from flight crew being unaware of the mode the FMGC was actually in. To prevent this from happening (its very easy to descend in V/S when you really meant to do it in open descent for example) most operators now run SOP's that involve reading the mode indications from the top of the PFD. In the airbus these (right to left) are - A/T mode, vertical a/p mode, lateral a/p mode , approach capability and a/p f/d and a/thr engagement status. Any question 'whats it doing now' can be answered from that area :) .

So, not only will you hear 'flex,SRS, runway', but also various others like 'open descent 270' 'loc blue' or 'toga, srs, go around track' fo a go around.

It does mean a lot of talking at various flight phases, but it beats talking about pensions.

Zeke
15th Dec 2001, 22:00
Speedbird Concorde 1

If its your co-pilot and its been bugging you for some time you should be going back to ground school.

If your co-pilot is in the Concorde, maybe he was thinking of better days, and/or should also go back to ground school.

;)

Flap 5
18th Dec 2001, 21:24
Who needs ground school when there are such excellent replies on PPRuNe?

Speedbird Concorde 1
20th Dec 2001, 23:56
Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, well, apart from Zeke (there's always one).