PDA

View Full Version : Let Down!

HongKongPhooey
3rd Jan 2001, 03:27
I've done a search on site for the web site that allows access to airfield approach plates, with no great luck. All I can get is the web site for Aerad and Jep.

I know there is a site that gives on line access without the fee! Anyone know the address?

Happy New year to one and all.

P.S. I'm in the filing cabinet.

fobotcso
3rd Jan 2001, 04:18
I expect you still believe in Santa Claus too! ;)

Londoner
3rd Jan 2001, 04:36
Perhaps you are looking for something like this: http://edj.net/cgi-bin/echoplate.pl

I believe it is US only. No idea as to the legality of it (i.e. probably isn't), or how often they are updared. Needless to say, do not use for real world navigation.

AMEX
3rd Jan 2001, 05:25
A good site to look at is the following. http://www.ais.org.uk/uk_aip/pdf/ad/admain.htm You will find the up to date plates for the UK, latest AICs and more. I will just ad that you will need to have "adobe" which can be downloaded from the homepage I believe.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :)

Lawyerboy
3rd Jan 2001, 15:24
While we're at it, don't suppose anyone knows of a similar Spanish site where I might be able to get hold of approach plates for Spanish airfields?

fobotcso
3rd Jan 2001, 20:43
Well I am just about to decide whether to roast or casserole my hat! I hardly expected that this kind of information would be provided on the Web, but that AIS site looks perfect and the information seems bang up to date. Maybe other countries do the same; but more likely its only the UK that produces these details (at tax payers' expense?) and gives them away free.

In principle I don't advocate relying on mission critical information obtained free from the Web. There is too scope for the capricious and malicious. But this seems to be an exception.

HongKongPhooey
3rd Jan 2001, 22:40
Big Thank you to AMEX, that was the site I was thinking of. Thanks to Londoner.

A reasonalble recovery by Fobotcso I thought!

P.S. I'm in the filing cabinet.

Porgy
6th Jan 2001, 18:37
HongKongPhooey,

This service can be expected to be launched soon, no date has been given yet.

Porgy