PDA

View Full Version : National Airlines and Jetblue

Avman
31st Dec 2000, 23:47
Only just heard, and surprised, that National A/l of Las Vegas filed for Chapter 11 protection earlier this month. What is the latest on them? I thought that this was going to be a success story! Which reminds me, how is JFK's JetBlue progressing?

411A
1st Jan 2001, 04:42
Ah yes, another Michael Conway success story is National, the same guy who ran AmericaWest into bankruptcy earlier on. TOO MANY new aircraft without adequate route planning or marketing research. Feel very sad for the hard-working troops there, but MC is a failure now and ALWAYS will be.

TowerDog
1st Jan 2001, 08:49
JetBlue is doing just fine.
Had a few jumpseat rides with them and was impressed with the operation.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

JB007
1st Jan 2001, 16:17
You'll find JetBlue to be the most innovative airline probably in the world at the moment, as far as low cost is concerned, I believe it is a few steps ahead of Southwest already.

Heres a few interesting facts :-

Full paperless Flight Decks,
First revenue sector was in February 2000 (I think!), first profit - August 2000.
Major order of A320, A fleet size of 70 something by the end of this year!!!
All reservations staff work from home, employers all over the US, particulary aimed at wheel-chair bound people.
Fair price form coast to coast is $600, nearest rival is about $1500 I think.

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

Avman
2nd Jan 2001, 14:35
What's confused me even more is that I've just come across an article in a November edition of the AWST reporting how well National are doing and that they reported a profit [in June] only a year or so after start up. From profit to Chapter 11 in five months - is this true? Or is there some hidden agenda somewhere?