PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow ATC EGLL to EGKK and Compton SIDS

Skipness One Echo
18th May 2011, 15:52
Just a couple of queries :

Are Mayfield SIDs no longer the preferred way into Gatwick out of Heathrow anymore as recent departures have gone out on the Midhurst SID?

Is the Compton 5J SID off 09R no longer in use as seemingly everything going that way gets a full readback of pretty standard headings and heights to avoid inbound traffic downwind. Could the SID not be amended to the common right turn 220° climbing to 6000ft and then onwards?

Thanks!

Geffen
18th May 2011, 17:35
EGLL-EGKK are now on Midhurst deps I believe the MID departure presents traffic better to EGKK. The CPT5J off of 09R is still a valid SID but during periods of high demand (always) they are routed off the SID. Occasionally crews will fly a full CPT off of 09R, usually after the inbounds have dried up. A new SID would be a lot of work, think the noise lobby DAP etc.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th May 2011, 17:37
I don't know about the Gatwick bit, but the CPT SID has functioned like that for at least 40 years to my knowledge, although it wasn't always a CPT. The heading issued by the Air Controller is provided by the Radar Controller taking account of other traffic so it would be difficult to standardise.

Roffa
18th May 2011, 17:53
HD it's now a 'standard' heading of 220 degrees and free flow, no warning phone call from tower to approach required.

Approach uses the departure display on CDIS for the warning of impending departures.

Works very well.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th May 2011, 18:42
OK Roffa... tnx for that. Sounds good.

Gonzo
18th May 2011, 21:29
To add to Roffa's post, we give the amended instructions in GMP now.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th May 2011, 06:59
OK.. hardly tactical decisions then. Guess a new SID will be formulated?