PDA

View Full Version : "Fuel remaining" in Position Report

AC Scott
16th May 2011, 22:18
A few of my F/O's continue to give fuel remaining in their position reports during Pacific and Atlantic crossings. All I see needed is the present position,mach in the atlantic, time, flight level, estimated next and position after that. Being all jet lagged with nothing better to do in Korea I read all the ARINC, FAA, DOC 4444, Gander/Shanwick info I could find and found el-zero information. The only thing I saw was an AIREP which I guess is a PIREP in digital form, electronicaly grabbed by any parties interested. Fuel remaining is included in the AIREP. My thinking is fuel remaining would only be included if you were using ARINC for company flight following thats required by the companys OpSpecs. We flight follow using the Satphone. Am I out of the loop, to old and dont know any better about this subject. Thanks for your help and support on this miniscule matter of proper phraseology.

rab-k
16th May 2011, 23:46
Nothing I can see in our (Shanwick) docs require fuel remaining as part of the waypoint position report. Always assumed it was a company requirement; forwarded by our radio station via AFTN to those operators who request such.