PDA

View Full Version : any virgin atlantic pilots out there

tcas system test ok
30th Dec 2000, 15:13
Hi guys,i was wondering how to get my cv noticed by virgin .As shag with the staff pointed out my spelling is not so good etc .
I appreciate the info from the other guys and would appreciate acontact name at virgin

[This message has been edited by tcas system test ok (edited 30 December 2000).]

ShagtheStaff
30th Dec 2000, 17:13
Top tip: Learn to spell/punctuate and maybe people will talk to you.

------------------
OOO OOO I love my job...

scroggs
30th Dec 2000, 20:58
TCAS, there is oodles of info about this in the Pprune archives - it's probably the best-documented major airline recruiting procedure. Hit 'Search' at the top of the page and enter 'Virgin' - see what comes up. As for jobs, if you can read better than you write, you will know that VS has ordered 7 B747-400s for delivery in the next 15 months, 10 A340-600s for delivery from mid 2002, and 6 A380s for delivery from 2006. I'd say there's likely to be a few jobs in there somewhere!

El Cid
30th Dec 2000, 22:33
Give the guy a break for christ's sake,so what if his TYPING (not spelling per se) is not up to scratch,he's an airline pilot not a bloody secretary!! :)
EL Cid

PPRuNe Pop
31st Dec 2000, 01:51
TCAS, first off I am going to close this thread. Two on the same subject is not on.

Secondly, El Cid, you clearly have never seen - OR experienced - the need to present a lucid CV to a prospective employer. Leeway is always there but an interview is another matter.

I suspect you are not an airline pilot yourself, otherwise you would be aware of the large amount of secretarial work that is required on a flight deck. Or perhaps you carry your own secretary if you do fly. Get the point?

PPRuNe Pop
[email protected]