PDA

View Full Version : Arinc direct v/s Universal Flightplanning

pilot dude
15th May 2011, 14:01
We are currently flightplanning via jeppesen and are not satisfied with them.

We want to change to a "do it yourself" flightplanning system and are wondering who has experience with either one of them

PD

FrankR
15th May 2011, 14:44
I'm with you, flight planning should be done by the flight department.

Just ask yourself how are you going to find all the contact info for handling agents, phone numbers for permits etc.

- If you find a source, please let me know,

FR

galaxy flyer
15th May 2011, 15:14
We use Jepp for international planning and handling, like anywhere they have their good and bad days, but overall after 7 years, they have worked well. For North America, we use ARINC. ARINC's website is terrific, easy to use, comprehensive, kept up to date and no problems getting in touch with their operations office in Annapolis, if their is a problem. The flight plan packages can be emailed as PDF files or fax'd anywhere you chose.

If you use ARINC for datalink support, I think access to the website is included, which is why we use them for domestic work--no fees from Jepp.
GF

Sydy
15th May 2011, 20:19
Hi,
I am from Brazil and ou fleet uses ABS Jets from Tchec Republic. The are awesome. We fly worldwide and they'd cover us quite well.

All the best,

Sydy

B200Drvr
15th May 2011, 20:29
We use Universal.
Their flight planning software is very straight forward and IMHO way better than Jepp. There are various options for costing, but it is not expensive compared to Jepp. They have a great support system whereby, for complicated trips, they will let you do as much as you want and they will support you, until you have the ability to do it all yourself. We do all our own flight planning and operational support with the help of Acu-Kwik, have another company do our overflights, and let Universal do anything that we can't.
PS, We also fly international with a long range fleet.

I.R.PIRATE
16th May 2011, 07:29
From a pilot's point of view, when using Universal, we just have no issues. Everything just works. I like their paper output on the flight planning side, and operationally, when you need anything arranged - it gets sorted right away, especially on the accom. and transport front.

Trim Stab
16th May 2011, 07:41
An important consideration for me is SMS updates to flight plans, slots etc. I understand that ARINC has this service - what about others?

VIKING9
16th May 2011, 07:44
Ref SMS updates, there are others who provide this service, and for free :ok: