PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Airways into Orlando

Bear Cub
3rd Apr 2001, 07:47
Mum tels me that she's booked to fly to MCO with Britannia, flight BY224A, May 5th.

I seem to recall from my own trips to Florida that the system was...

get off plane, go directly to nice immigration man for stamping of passport and green visa paper thing (normally on third attempt at filling out the form correctly), through glass door to collect luggage from carousel, hold breath on way through customs, stop for confiscation of all meat and fruit products (especially in todays healthy World), place luggage on a second carousel, get mini train to different terminal, collect luggage again from yet another carousel - then go out onto the street and start 'perspiring'.

Seem to recall that the final bagge collection carousel was always the same one (but I nearly always flew with Virgin into MCO [BA into MIA]).

Can anybody tell me, (a) have I got this right...and (b) which is the dedicated Britannia carousel? I'd like to "prep" Mom before she goes.

BRUpax
3rd Apr 2001, 13:14
First, be sure that the flight operates to MCO and not Sanford or she may get very confused. Can't help you with the carousel.

cossack
3rd Apr 2001, 14:00
Don't quote me on this, but somewhere else on this BB there is a thread about Britannia and Orlando and on it it is stated that Britannia use MCO not SFB.
I couldn't find it when I did a quick search.
Last weekend (SAT?), however, a Britannia flight left MAN for MCO.
Hope this helps, even just a little bit! :)

SilentHandover
3rd Apr 2001, 15:37
The Britannia flights from Gatwick definitely go to MCO, well they did when I tried to book a flight with them last friday.

PaperTiger
3rd Apr 2001, 20:42
Sanford publish their schedules (including charter operators) at www.orlandosanfordairport.com/schedule.htm (http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/schedule.htm)
No Britannia flights listed.

MCO doesn't show non-scheduled flights on their site, but do list airlines which serve the airport including Britannia.
http://fcn.state.fl.us/goaa/ops/airlines.htm

Smudge's Lot
3rd Apr 2001, 23:14
Britannia flights operating for the Thomson group all use MCO but this summer they are operating numerous flights for JMC who will use SFB.
Your ideas about the way through the system are correct Bear!

tonyt
4th Apr 2001, 20:10
there are normally baggage handling guys at the second conveyor belt to 'catch' BY pax.
your description of the entire hassle free, welcome to the US of a, have a nice day, keep walking, don't park in the red zone etc is entirely accurate. If in doubt, walk off last and watch everyone else!

Silkman
5th Apr 2001, 03:45
Bear Cub
All BY flights will be operating to MCO this year as they've struck a deal with the MCO airport authority.
All the arrival details you mentioned are spot on except by the time you've taken your bag off the carousel for the last time you're so completely knackered after a nine hour flight resembling a sardine that you cannot lift it.

Bear Cub
5th Apr 2001, 07:11
Thanks for all the answers guys (and gals? [who knows?]).

Silkman...you made I larf, you did.

So - MCO it is...just wish to find out which is the second carousel...pretty sure Virgin always use either B12 or B15...but cannot remember which.

Somebody must know - or could ask a man who does!!

newswatcher
5th Apr 2001, 15:12
Hi BC, the following URL gives you good information. I can't resist saying it's the real McCoy!!

http://www.fcn.state.fl.us/goaa/arrive/arrive.htm