PDA

View Full Version : Fireproof document holder ? Where to buy

nellycopter
13th May 2011, 20:26
Could anyone point me in the right direction ?
I am trying to buy a fire proof document holder and google found very few in the Uk, infect no aircraft ones !

TiPwEiGhT
13th May 2011, 22:05
Trip to the local fire station for an old jacket and make your own. Or buy flame resistant material online. We used to get a silver fabric and then the ops guys misses would go nuts with her sewing machine.

TiP

JimBall
13th May 2011, 22:13
Try here (http://www.bristoluniforms.com/) - they have done them in the past.

FlightPathOBN
13th May 2011, 23:03
Amazon.com: U.S. Patrol JB5076 Fire Resistant Document Bag: Home Improvement

onetrack
14th May 2011, 16:48
If you want something a little larger, to carry more documents, this fireproof case is approximately 38 x 38 x 19cm.... Sentry Safe F2300 Fire-Safe Waterproof Document and Media Chest: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

nellycopter
14th May 2011, 17:14
Guys! I'm talking about the fireproof tech log holder that comes with most aircraft ?

Don't really need a suit case ......

nellycopter
14th May 2011, 17:15
When I do do find where to get them from I will put them on eBay and make a few quid .
There must be other people looking for these

Upland Goose
14th May 2011, 18:58
They are made by Bristol - check their site out.

Jim Ball is spot on:8

Keepitup
16th May 2011, 15:36
Yep, again Jim is right, Bristol Uniforms.

The code I have on the bags we have is : UNM9
Cost was approx £34 each.
These are what we use for documents/Tech Logs.

Regards
Keepitup

topendtorque
17th May 2011, 11:30
Fireproof document holder ? Where to buy

More important than the family jewels??

This bit got me.

misses would go nuts with her sewing machine

sorry, long day.:{

Rescue One
20th May 2011, 18:22
If you dont get sorted let me know, I have a local contact who can order them in.

ericferret
21st May 2011, 22:03
I have a roll about 3m x 1m, off on holiday for a week from tomorrow.
If still in need send me a pm for when I get back (next Sunday).

toptobottom
18th May 2023, 11:47
@Nelly - did you ever find out where to get this fire-proof tech log envelope thing from? I've tried Bristol Uniforms, but no record of a UNM9.. (!)

albatross
18th May 2023, 18:22
Old joke:

”If you crash make sure the logbook burns in the wreckage!”

”What if the aircraft doesn’t catch on fire?”

“You aren’t listening! If you crash make sure the logbook burns in the wreckage! Do you understand?”

Joke over.

malabo
19th May 2023, 03:27
Is a fireproof document holder required anywhere else besides the UK? Not required in Canada or the US, or in para-UK jurisdictions like the Cayman Islands.

Findon 40
19th May 2023, 09:30
@Nelly - did you ever find out where to get this fire-proof tech log envelope thing from? I've tried Bristol Uniforms, but no record of a UNM9.. (!)

https://www.openhouseproducts.com/product/fireproof-document-wallet/#

roundwego
19th May 2023, 10:09
My understanding is that a fireproof bag for the tech log is only required if a written record of each previous flight in not left on the ground before the next flight. In my company, it was normal to to leave a slip of paper which incorporated the load sheet for the next sector and the flight details of the previous one. This is fine if operating to/ from manned sites but if operating in remote areas it was a bit silly looking for a stone to leave it under.

toptobottom
19th May 2023, 12:42
Perfect (and reassuringly expensive) - thanks Findon 40 :ok: