PDA

View Full Version : virgin jobs

tcas system test ok
28th Dec 2000, 16:43
does anyone know what the job oulook is at virgin atlantic

ps pay scales etc thanks

[This message has been edited by tcas system test ok (edited 28 December 2000).]

crewrest
28th Dec 2000, 17:24
Yes, recruiting now. Use the search feature TCAS and you'll find a fair amount of gen from previous postings. Pay is OK, Pension poor and there is a certain amount of disquiet in Virgin about this years pay offer.

Ignition Override
29th Dec 2000, 00:44
Regarding little (or no) retirement pay, it was my impression that in the industrialized world, only the smaller US airlines were too cheap or arrogant to contribute towards a "normal" pension fund.

scroggs
30th Dec 2000, 21:16
IO. Are you attempting to suggest that VS doesn't provide a pension scheme? That is a bit more than disengenuous! Crewrest's post refers to Virgin's relatively mean 11.5% contribution to the pension, as opposed to the UK majors' average of about 15%, and their recent refusal to revisit the issue. The main point of dispute with this year's pay offer was Virgin's re-jigged annual increments, which stipulate a starting pay for Captains £4000 below the current figure, and 18 increments at 2% vice, I think, 10 increments at 2.5%. The net saving to the airline is £38,000 over the 18 years. This has not gone down well, as you can imagine! However, I'm aware that there are many Ppruners out there who would love to be in a position to argue about such a package, so I prefer to tread carefully when criticising it in this forum.