PDA

View Full Version : bmi

fuzzy15
2nd Apr 2001, 01:12
What does the i stand for in bmi ? Are the Fokkers going to BMC ? Is the new computer working OK now ? Everything is quiet at bmi. I thought Long Haul was starting in APR - whats happened to that ?

keepitlit
2nd Apr 2001, 01:16
The "i" doesnt mean anything,No the Fokkers are still mainline but they do some Commuter routes,Which Computer would that be?,they have quite a few.
Longhaul will still be starting soon.

Why all the questions?

:) :) :) :)

Rdgs K.I.L.

[This message has been edited by keepitlit (edited 01 April 2001).]

fuzzy15
2nd Apr 2001, 01:20
I am thinking about applying for bmi - just wanted to find out what is happening there, that's all !

Thanks

schooner
2nd Apr 2001, 12:58
international ?

cheers

MaximumPete
2nd Apr 2001, 13:04
Try the website at :- www.flybmi.com (http://www.flybmi.com)

MP

Avman
2nd Apr 2001, 15:59
Many think the "I" is for International. In fact it is the "I" in Midland, that's all.

KADS
4th Apr 2001, 19:05
It's kinda funny that so many of their own employees even don't know what it's stands for. So how are their custumers suppose to understand, then? "Really good marketing" - don't you say.

Airfield Totty
6th Apr 2001, 00:36
so, if the i stands for the i in midland and not international, don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that they are flying trans Atlantic? sounds a bit fishy to me!! :)

AffirmBrest
7th Apr 2001, 13:41
Their employees are always the last to know anything important - ref BM Handling/GHI 'leak' before Xmas.

The I does NOT stand for anything. International was a good idea but I have watched the video and everything.

Anyone seen the ads that advertise a non-existent aircraft, non-existent cabin crew and non-existent service ('the flight crew got me the football results at 30,000ft!' - now they'll all want it...)

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...

PaulDeGearup
10th Apr 2001, 15:12
AffirmBrest, It jusy gets better tho !
Apparently the actress playing the CC in the ads isn,t wearing the approved earrings and lippie the genuine CC have to wear.

Are they ticked off or are they ticked off !

But who was the moron who approved the TV ads for release: bmi staff must be cringing whenevr they are aired.

Arkroyal
10th Apr 2001, 22:06
I was gonna put something dead witty in here.....

But then I thought of Des Lynam, and me heame Hemorr...hem.. Nobby Stiles started playin up! :)

englandair
12th Apr 2001, 00:18
The 'i' doesn't stand for anything but there's a pretty good reason for it.
Apparently in the US, BM is a common abreiviation for bowel movement (ie havin a dump)!

I doubt Bowel Movement British Midland would go down well with the Yanks!

Oh and whoever started the topic and asked when the 1st Transatlantic flight is:
Because of late delivery of the a/c (by Airbus), the 1st flight to Washington will now happen (hopefully) on the 12th of May (it was supposed to be the 30th of April).
1st Chicago flight is around 21st of May.

As for the ads...well, perhaps bowel movement would have been appropriate...

Jamie.

AffirmBrest
12th Apr 2001, 20:02
Maybe the Des Lynam reference is to do with the proposed link on Saturday evenings between Grandstand and the co. freq:

Liverpool 3, Leyton Orient 2
Bristol City 2, Port Vale 1
Marketing 1, Real World 0...

(Yes I know he's on ITV now)

PFR
12th Apr 2001, 21:51
englandair,
Why are the 330's late?

englandair
13th Apr 2001, 01:13
Hi PFR,

I'm not sure.
All I know is that Airbus haven't been able to finish the aircraft (although they're now undergoing tests) in the time scale origionally given to bmi.

BTW, It's thought that for a couple of weeks before their 1st Transatlantic crossing, the a/c will be used on some of the LHR-MAN flights for the final stages of pilot training.

Jamie.

PaulDeGearup
13th Apr 2001, 23:34
for the final stages of pilot training. Would that be the final stages of training the BALPA CC alluded to in the company newsletter ?
All the experienced mates failing the Airbus course, walking off the course in disgust and not enough mates to CCQ to the widebody ?

bmi are in deep do-do.......but ,

[This message has been edited by PaulDeGearup (edited 13 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by PaulDeGearup (edited 14 April 2001).]