PDA

View Full Version : Small Font on PPRune

Fareastdriver
11th May 2011, 14:11
I won a 24" Ferguson HD TV at a do. I have connected it to my Samsun 170 mini laptop and it works fine. The Samsung can deliver 1980X1080 and so it can fill the screen. I found the script was a bit small because I am sitting further away so I went into the Display section of the control panel. I changed the setting from 100% to 125% and everything on the internet is comfortable to read----except PPRune.

The font is half the size as the rest of the internet. However if I lay the mouse pointer on a thread the summary box that comes up is normal. Even writing this I have a small box in the centre with puny little writing.

Is there anything on the web page that will increase the size of the font? I have looked but with no success. I have tried changing the display to 150% but that enlarges the rest of the computer too much.

All ideas gratefully received.

green granite
11th May 2011, 14:27
Try 'ctrl plus +' or ctrl and use the mouse wheel or go to 'view' and use 'zoom'

Fareastdriver
11th May 2011, 18:57
I know that. The problem is that if I use Ctrl+ all the other websites are enormouse. This did not happen before on my old laptop.

11Fan
11th May 2011, 19:47
We can all start typing larger, if that will help.

Saab Dastard
11th May 2011, 20:03
Some browsers (I'm thinking IE8 & 9) have a compatibility "feature" to "enhance" "older" websites - maybe you need to enable this if it's not enabled (or vice-versa). Some Web sites may not behave as expected in Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197)

Personally I'd try a different browser and see if the problem persists.

SD