PDA

View Full Version : info on the Isle of Man

maintain high speed
25th Jul 2001, 04:45
About to relocate soon, so any info on where to live and whatīs it like...

Many thanks

;) GOT A JOB!!!

Beechcomber
26th Jul 2001, 12:42
Out there for the first time a few days back. Lovely place, nice people, clean air.....it was a cracker day however. I understand that this is not all that common.
Sorry I can't answer you question.
Very impressed by my first visit out there.

Good luck :)

PAXboy
27th Jul 2001, 23:03
My mother has lived in IoM for 20 years and I have been visitng for 20 years!!

What sort of information do you want? If you would like to e-mail me off line I can probably help some.

foxmoth
28th Jul 2001, 01:54
I worked there for a couple of years, great place, jusy needs dragging a few hundred miles south!
In the end I got fed up of leaving the island in the rain to visit family in the S of England who were barbying and daytripping to the beach, then I would return to the island and the rain.
Yes there WHERE good days, and then the island is FANTASTIC, but these tended to be few andfar between.
Take it for the job - you MUST do that, and who knows, you may be one of those that falls in love with the place, but I suspect you will be looking to move on after a year or so.
N.B. social life is GREAT, but don't expect to go ANYWHERE on the island and not have it known about the next day!

Eagle18th
30th Jul 2001, 11:05
Maintain high speed - are you a golfer?
If so it's paradise - lots of great courses, the pick of which has to be Castletown - fantastic links close to the airport.
Can't wait to get back over there to play again.

Chirpy Pilot
31st Jul 2001, 00:55
Currently based here. Drop me an e#mail and I will fill you in. Great flying with good routes, however if you are single it is very quiet. Not everybodys idea of a great location, but you could do worse.

maintain high speed
3rd Aug 2001, 21:34
Chirpy

Just in case you didnt get my message, couldnīt find your email adress so if itīs not too much touble can you please email me...

:cool:

StressFree
3rd Aug 2001, 22:44
Sir,
I was based at Ronaldsway a few years back, nice place if you can take 9 months of winter followed by 3 months of bad weather...
I was renting a new house with all the lastest heating and weatherproofing and still the clothes in my wardrobe went mouldy due to the damp.
There are good sides; its probably the safest and most friendly place in the world as well as having low tax.
Give it a go, theres a lot worse places to spend a few years. :D

rigdoc145
4th Aug 2001, 20:33
I have lived here on fraggle rock for a number of years now. There are worse places to be than here if golf or motorsport is your bag. Foot and mouth precautions have put paid to any off road events this year and for that I would like to thank the farming community from the heart of my bottom.