PDA

View Full Version : Logging hours - not type rated

motorhead
22nd Dec 2000, 05:12
May have the opportunity to fly RHS on an Islander for a week. Not type rated and wondering how to log/not log it. I've a Frn CAA ATPL and SD3-60 rating. Need the hours!

Seasons Greatings

motorhead

BJBATMAN
23rd Dec 2000, 03:29
If you are not required to be there I don't see how you can log it. It would be like if a 747 captain let you touch the controlls and you decided you wanted to put .5 747 time in your logbook. And always remeber if you have to explain any time during an interview. I woudn't think trying to tell your future employer that all your multi time came from a buddy who let you manipulate the controls. There is a lot more to being the PIC the just flying along in cruise.

pesket
23rd Dec 2000, 18:47
On a ferry flight, only the captain needs to be type rated,I don't think the FO needs to be. not 100% sure, so better check it out

Pilot Pete
24th Dec 2000, 23:20
Isn't the Islander certified for single crew operations? I'm sure I've seen the Loganair ambulance flying around with only one on board. If it is then you can't log it as you are not flying P2. We have a similar situation with our piston twin fleet - they are all certified for single crew ops but sometimes a customer requests two crew. Unfortunately the poor sole who was 'second' oncall during the shift has to haul his butt out of bed, do the radio, spend the rest of the night waiting around for the return trip, do the radio, go home knackered and not even able to log the hours! We can't even let the guy fly from the right seat unless he is an instructor on the type (Ops Manual requirement). Unless it's one of the old bold types we won't even swap for the positioning! (Us Wannabees have to fight for every hour!)

motorhead
28th Dec 2000, 23:03
Drat, thought as much. Always a catch; I guess that's why we have chequebooks and pens - wannabees must pay. As for 747 time, I always log it door to door from home.

Cheers

motorhead