PDA

View Full Version : SID's and Stars...

EagleA25
6th May 2011, 18:37
Hi
This would be a question for the creators for SID's and STARS, and I know I should have asked the authority itself, but I was hoping I might find and answer here:
Under ICAO DOC 8168 Vol. 2 PANS OPS Construction of Visual and instrument Procedures, what are the requirements that the contracting state would be required to publish a SID or a STAR to an airport, if it is not to facilitate the flow of traffic, so I mean an arrival procedure due to obstacle clearance.
I hope I am not boring anyone, but I've been looking into this for a while and I can not find anything like a minimum gradient for example...
Thanks
Eagle

Vercingetorix
7th May 2011, 01:02
ICAO Annex 14
:ok:

EagleA25
8th May 2011, 21:33
Ok, gonna look into that...
Thnx!!

FlightPathOBN
13th May 2011, 15:56
Little confused on what you are asking....a SID is a departure procedure, and a STAR is not an approach procedure...

If you are asking for publishing requirements for a procedure, that varies due to the jurisdiction and application.

Annex 14 relates to construction and operations at an aerodrome....

A7700
16th May 2011, 20:16
You can't draw a STAR to an airport (runway) but to a Initial Approach Fix where start the Approach procedure..
STARs are not for arrivals the mirror of what are SIDs for Departure..
But don't worry most of the so called Eurocontrol and SESAR experts are making the same confusion ...