PDA

View Full Version : November Aircraft in Europe..? what s their future?

thecanadian
4th May 2011, 15:26
Hi Everybody,

I just heard a rumor concerning all the November registered aircraft in England. Apparantly, the EASA would want that all aircraft exploited in europe (private one) would be registered In Europe, so it will be the end of the November Aircraft in Europe, Do you know a bit about that?

And concerning this subject, Do you know what it takes to registered a November aircraft in UK? Is there some tax to pay? how can you do the maintenance? and what is the process to registered an aircraft as a November in UK?

Thanks for your time and Fly safe

Level bust
4th May 2011, 15:58
I believe it involves all November registered aircraft in Europe not just the UK.

Not sure though if it is Europe that is looking to stop them being based in over here or the FAA.

despegue
4th May 2011, 15:58
I for one really hope that EASA or whowever has the will, shall forbid N-registered aircraft flying commercially within the EU (UPS, Fed-Ex) with only American FAA pilots, as long as EU airlines can't do the same in the USA.:mad:

JW411
4th May 2011, 16:26
This subject was done to death many times over a couple of months ago on the Private Flying forum. Do a search and all will be revealed.

thecanadian
4th May 2011, 16:30
oh and just to precise, it would be only for a private owner, not to do some commercial flight with it

fly123456
4th May 2011, 17:20
Despegue, if I'm not mistaken, freight airlines like cargolux are operating flight within the US.

Pace
4th May 2011, 21:28
America and the European Union have officially concluded a
long-awaited bilateral aviation safety agreement (BASA) designed to
make government oversight of aviation more efficient and to pave the
way for future regulatory cooperation. The BASA, signed on March 15th,
allows reciprocal acceptance FAA and EASA certification and oversight
of civil aviation products and repair stations. The US and the EU
specifically agree to recognise each other’s ‘findings of compliance
and approvals.’ This means, for example, that the FAA can determine a
US repair station is eligible for an EASA approval to work on European
registered products without a separate inspection by European
regulators.
The BASA is good news for the industry. Duplication of oversight was a
real fear, and the BASA takes a lot of expense and bureaucracy out of
the equation. Importantly, the BASA makes provision for annexes to be
developed and added by a Bilateral Oversight Board, leaving the door
open for agreements in other areas, including flight crew licensing.
EASA’s proposals to hammer the N-register operator in Europe have been
put back to 2014, and may now be subject to bilateral negotiations.

EASA do not wish to enact any of their threats against N reg in Europe. Their main target is to get a Bi Lateral agreement with the FAA the first part of which was signed a few weeks ago.

Wishing to get such an agreement EASA have extended the deadline to 2014 rather than 2012.

So dont worry it will never happen? What will never happen I am not sure of?
It depends how much EASA are to be believed? Are they honest people with the best interests of aviation to heart or cheap manipulaters only time will tell.

The glimmer of hope is more in the commercial world where with the demand for experienced pilots FAA and EASA from China and developing third world countries and the lack of new pilots coming into the industry will make for a shortage. In turn that will lead to a requirement for all pilot licences to be accepted to fill what will become a gaping hole in Europe and the USA.

ie No more protectionism and territorialism which seems rife at present but purely demand and supply laws to fill the needs.
Of course all that will filter down into the world of the PPL.
So lets hope that in reality there is some basic commonsense in EASA?
But somehow with past experience of EASA commonsense doesnt fit in their vocabulary but manipulative does :{

Below is a letter confirming the above which I recieved from the commission a few months back.

Let me try to set out what the issue is about.

Regulation 216/2008 on common EU air safety rules sets out, amongst others, basic requirements for pilot licences. These basis reqirements will have to be followed up by more detailing implementing rules defining such requirements in much more detail. These more detailed requirements will have to be adopted by Commission and Member States (so-called Comitology) and confirmed by the European Parliament. The proposals for these more detailed implementing rules have to be developed by EASA (so-called opinions).

Last week the EASA Committee was looking at EASA's opinion on requirements for Flight Crew Licences (FCL). These proposals would, if adopted, imply that holders of Foreign Pilot Licences will have to undergo a validation process. On the basis of the assumption that the whole legislative package will come into force , as requested by the European legislator , in April 2012, the validation process would have to be terminated by April 2013. Accordingly , there is no immediate risk to the validity of your licence even if the EASA opinion is adopted without changes.

Last week, the Committee did not yet take a decision on this matter. The issue will again be looked at in December.

I take this opportunity to inform you that there is a preferable alternative to regulating the issue under Regulation 216/2008. Since 2008 already, a draft bilateral air safety agreement between the USA and the EU is technically ready. It foresees settlement of such issues through a mutual recognition mechanism. Unfortunately, the entry-into-force of this agreement has been delayed by political complications stemming from draft Congressional law (FAA Re-Authorization Act) which is inspired by protectionist elements on a number of points which are unacceptable for the EU.

Since recently, FAA officials tell us that they are optimistic to solve these political complications once a new Congress has been elected. We have to see what will happen by then.

In other words: The key for solving this issue in the most efficient way is located in WashingtonDC, not in Brussels.

I trust this mail clarifies the matter.

Yours Sincerely

Eckard SEEBOHM
Head of unit aviation policy
European Commission

Finally I will add that EASA are a purely safety body so why are we getting politically motivated regulations from a safety body?

Pace

proudprivate
5th May 2011, 17:20
Accordingly , there is no immediate risk to the validity of your licence even if the EASA opinion is adopted without changes.

Notice how deceitful Mr Seebohm's statements are. He should be disciplined or fired as a civil servant, for abuse of power alone.

Powers shall be exercised solely for the purposes for which they have been conferred by the relevant provisions. The official shall in particular avoid using those powers for purposes which have no basis in the law or which are not motivated by any public interest.

I don't think that pushing through Anti-American legislation for the sole purpose of negotiating something has a basis in the law (or European Treaty for that matter). It certainly is not in the public interest and it is likely to undermine the medium if not short term position of a number of European Institutions.

I'd like to take the occasion to remind readers that the infamous comitology meeting vote of 7/8 december 2010 still has not been presented to the European Parliament, where it is likely to meet some opposition.

Pace
5th May 2011, 18:35
Proudpilot
The problem with this being ratified by the European parliament or not is that the Parliament only has the power to accept the lot or reject the lot!
Rejecting all EASAs work in total is very unlikely.
Rejecting just the N Reg bit is not in their powers so it will be ratified.
The only hope is a Bi Lateral agreement presuming in EASAs eyes it's not a red herring to calm opponents and get their way.
The other option is a legal challenge which with the information I have had is a likely and solid way to go. Let it go into law before showing your hand !

Pace

IO540
5th May 2011, 19:41
Seebohm is as usual dishonest in shifting the blame onto the USA and waffling on about a bilateral treaty (which doesn't exist) being the key to all this.

Like Goudot (head of EASA) he functions by bullsh**tting everybody, which works pretty well in the EU system where very few people understand the issues.

Marchettiman
5th May 2011, 21:09
It must be obvious to us all that EASA and the whole EU administration is totally unaccountable to anyone other than their job descriptions and salaries. They are wreaking havoc in every sector of aviation, what will it be like in 20 years time? It doesn't matter whether you are a nation, parliament, public or private company, farmer, builder, pilot or refuse collector, these bureaucrats are just running rings around everyone and everything in the interests of their own self importance and survival in jobs with conditions and benefits that no commercial organisation could ever sustain or warrant.
I am a lifelong Conservative supporter and voter, but suggest if we all vote UKIP at the next election, we might stand a chance of protecting ourselves from total EU domination, not just in aviation, in every aspect of our lives.
But then I have just remembered that Nigel Farrage might be a bit anti aviation after his banner towing exploit!

thecanadian
6th May 2011, 02:16
So that s some good news, (for the moment). Hope they will not change it soon

Thanks for all of the informations, by any chance do you know what it takes to have a November aircraft in Europe?

Do we have to just fill a piece of paper ?and is their any advantage to have a November Aircraft to fly in UK? Is there some tax to pay to fly one ?

I tried to contact The FAA but it is quiet complicated to have them (CAA too)

thanks

IO540
6th May 2011, 07:04
The answers to those questions are very complicated. I suggest you search this forum.

What exactly do you need to know?