PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to PrivatAir

HARRY GREYHOUND
28th Mar 2002, 12:14
I applied to the advert a couple of days ago and was offered a preliminary interview today in Geneva. Unfortunatly it was too short notice and i could not make it.Spoke to them but the were very cagey.Does anybody know more about the job on offer?

KitKatPacificuk
28th Mar 2002, 15:12
Was that the direct entry job?

LAVDUMP
28th Mar 2002, 19:21
Harry,. .. .I have not seen the offer - was it for a BBJ position? Does anyone have a link to the advert?. .. .My undertanding of Privatair is that it is a very well respected outfit. It operates 3 BBJs worldwide out of Geneva and a number of smaller corporate jets out of an affiliate in the States. I would not be surprised about being "cagey" because the Swiss are like that - privacy is everything to them! Privatair has a good reputation.. .. .Harry, I would reschedule that interview if I were you. Have you seen those beautiful BBJs on airliners.net? I wouldn't mind flying one of those worldwide! An awesome opportunity!. .. .However, I have still not see the ad - can someone send it to me or post it here? Thanks!. .. .Cheers

KitKatPacificuk
28th Mar 2002, 21:24
My sister was a stewardess for Privatair about 3 years ago. They are a good company with varied destinations around the world. Check to see if you are going to be based in the UK or given a Visa to live in Switzerland. It's tough to get a Visa for Switzerland. She say's some of the pilots were living in Hotels out there as they didn't have the Visa to live there. The company although based in Switzerland is owned by a Greek family. They operate BBJ's, a 733 and a 757 (HB-IEE). They used to have Gulfstream 4's, but I dunno if they have them anymore. The 757 only has 60 seats in it. Good luck, but be careful.