PDA

View Full Version : Navbox Proplan and Garmin Aera

Genghis the Engineer
3rd May 2011, 22:19
Has anybody had any joy in getting Navbox Proplan and a Garmin Aera to talk to each other? It's defeating me so far.

G

Genghis the Engineer
7th May 2011, 18:42
Nobody???????????????????????/

G

IO540
7th May 2011, 20:59
In this context, each GPS model has to be supported explicitly by the flight planning software.

To some extent it depends on what "talking to each other" means. I vaguely recall that Navbox would partially work with a G496. I am pretty sure they fixed it eventually. They said they had problems with USB connections, and all the previously supported GPS models were RS232-connected.

Navbox is not really an actively developed program and has not been for some years.

Have you contacted Navbox regarding your GPS model?

patowalker
7th May 2011, 21:07
From the Navbox website:

GPX export - The latest version of ProPlan ( 5.40 ) includes an option to export a route in the popular GPX format. This format is supported by, amongst others, the Garmin AERA series. To use this function with the AERA series you will need to place a micro-SD card in the GPS card slot ( in the battery compartment of the AERA series). To use the export module you must have ProPlan version 5.40 or higher.

Genghis the Engineer
8th May 2011, 07:13
From the Navbox website:

GPX export - The latest version of ProPlan ( 5.40 ) includes an option to export a route in the popular GPX format. This format is supported by, amongst others, the Garmin AERA series. To use this function with the AERA series you will need to place a micro-SD card in the GPS card slot ( in the battery compartment of the AERA series). To use the export module you must have ProPlan version 5.40 or higher.

Damn, why didn't I spot that.

That did the trick, although I didn't need to put a card in,just plug the unit into the laptop's USB port.

Created my route in Navbox, selected File>Export Existing Route As>GPX

Then saved to Garmin>GPX>Aviation and lo and behold my route was on the GPS.

Thanks, should have worked that out for myself, but appreciate the steer.

I suspect that importing tracks from the GPS and transferring W&CG and other data is pressing my luck, but that's the single biggest thing I wanted to do.

G