PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan my mediterranean trip please

ant1ant1
3rd May 2011, 13:54
Hello everyone

Newbie here!
I was directed to you by a forum friend from Diamond Aviators Net.

I am planning a trip from LSGL (Lausanne Switzerland) to OLBA (Beirut Lebanon) and back in a Diamond DA40-180 (that's the AVGAS version).

Need advice about where to land, what to watch, fuel costs and landing fees, visas, flak, girls, etc..

My trip parameters are as follows:

Maximum leg: 550 NM
Cruise airspeed 130 KTAS
Fuel burn: 8 GPH
Fuel on board: 50 USG
Altitude preference: FL 070 to 120
Flight rules: IFR
Plane is not de-iced
O2 on board

I am flying with a non pilot friend, and we'd like to do the trip in 2 days (each direction). We need to find a nice place to spend the night on each way.

Many thanks and blue skies to all

Antoine
N807DS
LSGL

S-Works
3rd May 2011, 14:15
Wow, what did you do to your friend to have him throw you to the Lions?
:p:p:p:p:p

IO540
3rd May 2011, 14:56
Need advice about where to land, what to watch, fuel costs and landing fees, visas, flak, girls, etc..I am flying with a non pilot friendIs he into girls too? That means 2x the number of girls will be required. You need to sort this out in advance, and also what happens if you come across two girls, one of which is good looking but the other one isn't. I used to get that all the time, and being non-pushy always ended up with the ugly one.

This (http://www.handbook.aero/hb_airports.html) is quite a good site with airport contact details.

Croatia and then Crete then Cyprus may be a good route. Plenty of girls in Croatia too, though every time I have been there was with my gorgeous girlfriend so I was not interested :)