PDA

View Full Version : DGCA CPL processing.

Pages : [1] 2

Cactus225
3rd May 2011, 09:05
Hey Guys,

I am going to be walking into the DGCA office in a weeks time to submit my papers for the CPL license.

Have any of you put your papers in for processing within the past few months?

What exactly is going on in the DGCA? I heard they wont even let people walk upto the licensing office. Do I really need to leave the papers at the reception?

Are they being unnecessarily harsh these days and viewing each and everyone with complete suspicion?

Besides, How long are they taking to process the papers and issue new licenses? I know a few people who still have their papers stuck there for over 6 months now. Thats bad and I dont want to be in that situation.

Heard they wont be issuing any licenses at all for the next 2 months. (due to all the checks being done for all the current cpl holders and flying clubs in India.) Is that happening for real?

Most importantly, how about the paperwork? I have completed my flying from two different schools and have two different sets of documents from each one of them. Would that be a cause for worry?

Pretty scared about getting my papers stuck needlessly.

Would appreciate some advise and please do share your recent experiences with the DGCA. I am sure there are plenty like me who need it.

Thanks.

rahulred5
3rd May 2011, 10:58
I submitted my docs on the 26th of May. The licensing officer was too busy and refused to look at my application when I requested him. Anyway in my case I just submitted the docs at reception where they stamp your covering letter. They told me it will take at least 2 - 3 months to process.

Anyway for me I used my hours as a flight instructor towards recency towards the PIC time and I was told after submission I cannot :{So my 1000 hours of flying as an instructor is apparently no good for the DGCA.

Hope to God that they process it and give me the license.

Cactus225
3rd May 2011, 11:18
2-3 months?

Worst fear confirmed.

Thats a bummer.

Thanks for sharing though.

bayblade
3rd May 2011, 13:46
i am planning to go to U.S. for my recency soon.
any words of wisdom?
any special requirements(legs/hrs) that dgca has been harassing others??
any advice would be welcome.
@cactus, rahulred,
any suggestions from your side?

Jazbag
4th May 2011, 04:27
heard the wait period is very high more than 3 months for an ALTP issue for an airline co pilot. Things are in a tizzy just now.... flying currency is the worst fallout here! Everyone wants pilots to have flown within the previous few months...

rahulred5
9th May 2011, 12:16
Has anybody who submitted their docs in March or April got an update on the website ?

Mine is still not even come up for processing :/

varunkunder
10th May 2011, 02:57
Have u guys checked out new updated approved aircraft list ? it doesnt have Cessna 152 and duchess BE 76 . i guess everybody does their basic training in 152 . i do not understand what do we do if we are endoresed and done 100 hrs command in 152 ?

eny idea.

coolboy007
10th May 2011, 05:54
Have u guys checked out new updated approved aircraft list ? it doesnt have Cessna 152
:eek::eek:
I am halfway through my training and have done 100 hours on a Cessna 152 in USA, what does it mean? There would be no license issue on the basis of flying done on Cessna 152.
This is scary.

rahulred5
10th May 2011, 07:53
I highly doubt it. You can do your FAA checkrides in a F-16 for that matter and DGCA wont care. What they care about is the GFT and IR checks. As long as you do your gft and xc tests in the approved a/c they should not care.

And seriously what amazingly stupid rules the dgca has. They really need to cleanse that organization from the dumb babus.

bayblade
10th May 2011, 16:46
i still don't understand why can't dgca make up their minds about what they want!!
i hv done my entire training on c-152 & BE-76 and am going for recency soon...this list has knocked the daylights out of me..
does anyone here have any idea if this a mistake or are they actually not accepting endorsement on these aircrafts.???
kindly reply.

coolboy007
10th May 2011, 17:18
@ Bayblade
Same here mahn :ugh:, have done half of my training on CE 152, not started with multi yet but it has already troubled me a lot. Am wondering what would be my fate when i come back.

How can they remove Cessna 152? Isnt there a single one in India?

bayblade
10th May 2011, 17:32
there are 107 c-152s in india as per this link OPERATOR (http://dgca.gov.in/reports/air-ind.htm)
i looked up for the director of training and licencing, Mr D.C.Sharma.
will try giving him a call tomorrow.
if you like you can try as well. you and others who wish to get this matter clarified can find his contact no. in the link:
DGCA RULES AND REGULATIONS (http://dgca.gov.in/dgca/dir-ind.htm)

coolboy007
10th May 2011, 17:50
@ Bayblade
Thanks for the link bro :ok:, will try calling him too. Please update whatever info you get, i will do the same.

aditya104
12th May 2011, 13:26
AFAIR the list of DGCA accepted aircraft never had C152. Thats right. But the latest news is that they r not accepting be76 which is a pity because tons of people r trained on it and in the process of getting trained on that, that includes me.

AviatorVette
13th May 2011, 08:35
Wow in us doing my recency, its not only dgca who is causing issues its WPC too. I have submitted my candian RT documents in december, still havent received despite contacting them numerous times and they dont respond / always give different stories even though I have submitted everything. 3 months really? wow.

rahulred5
13th May 2011, 09:24
Called up dgca yesterday to enquire about the processing. They are backlogged from Feb :sad:

Efficiency at its finest

bayblade
13th May 2011, 17:24
@aviator,
i had a similar problem, i went to see them personally in delhi and sort the matter, they made me submit a few docs again (the very same that i had submitted before).
it was just a matter of a few weeks after that.
all these guys need is personal attention.
try seeing them went you are back.
goodluck.

coolboy007
13th May 2011, 20:19
I had a silly doubt if anyone could clear it :p
For the issue of DGCA CPL - is it necessary to have the RTR in hand? If we are running out of recency, have all exams and RT cleared but these WPC morons take a lot of time in sending the RTR license, then?

cyrilroy21
13th May 2011, 20:27
@coolboy007

This might help answer your question

http://www.dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL3_2010.pdf

coolboy007
13th May 2011, 21:27
@ Cyrilroy
Thanks a lot buddy :ok:

Cactus225
16th May 2011, 12:19
"I had a silly doubt if anyone could clear it http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/tongue.gif
For the issue of DGCA CPL - is it necessary to have the RTR in hand? If we are running out of recency, have all exams and RT cleared but these WPC morons take a lot of time in sending the RTR license, then?"

It should be fine cooolboy, just let them know the license number as it appears in the result and the validity applied for.
You just need to make sure that you submit the original RTR license in due time.

As for the DGCA processing,

I finally submitted my papers on the 12th. Hope all goes well. Met like hundreds of stranded pilots outside the DGCA. Seems like it is a good idea to keep visiting them as often as possible.
Some got their licenses issued in about two months. So that is an encouraging sign.

For those of you worried about the DGCA's new approved aircraft list. BEWARE.
they are actually not accepting the GFT and the required 250, 120 NM XCs done on the BE76 and 152. That is real bad, I know. Quite a few pilots I met were in trouble cause of that change in policies, (A few friends of mine included)

So anyone there training on these particular aircrafts, just make sure you dont do any requirement flights on these. ( any other regular flights are ok )

BTW.. is anyone aware about the actual checks that the DGCA does for the issue for our CPLs?
I inquired for the waiting periods for the issue and was given an excuse that they would need to check my SSC, HSC documents, my DGCA exam results and the RTR and each and every other document from my school and the flight hours- so it takes a few months time.

Question is- If they need to waste time checking all these things, why have they asked me to submit all the originals and verification letters too?

Its such a waste of time if the process has to be repeated by both of us.

No wonder they have a backlog from January onwards.

cyrilroy21
16th May 2011, 13:13
Why isnt the C152 recognized ?

There are plenty of them registered in India . I know Yash Air had lots of C152

AviatorVette
17th May 2011, 03:27
hey guys im in us now for my recency. I was gonna fly on the be-76 but i am gonna fly the seneca and 172 now. Please keep us updated, I have to submit my documents for my conversion.

vivekh
18th May 2011, 11:23
@Cactus225 - All the best with your application.

I submitted mine on February 18, still no news from them. Last I heard they would start processing the license docs from mid June, so knowing Indian Govt. offices, I don't think they will start before mid July. And even then they have a backlog from January, so I do not expect to get mine before August. I have all but lost hope of getting my CPL.

:mad:

Cactus225
18th May 2011, 11:30
did you try going and seeing them at the DGCA?

that seems to be working for quite a few people. Worth a try at least- could get you a couple of interviews if you can save a couple of months by doing that.

Do it man, I am sure it should not take as long as you think.

vivekh
18th May 2011, 12:05
I'm not sure how that has worked for people, but it hasn't for me.

I have not personally gone, but colleagues (from my flying school) who submitted together have gone and enquired several times - no luck. We have called and emailed too - no luck. Flying school has personally asked the senior most officials - no luck.

Either way the response we got is that there is a CBI lockdown at the DGCA and they have frozen all new license issues till all existing licenses and flying schools are scrutinized. I don't see how anyone could have got their license early. Even the applicants who normally would have jugaad to get their license issued in less than a week are not getting their licenses since months! The people you are talking about probably applied before February.

My mates who applied in Jan 1st week got it by Feb 1st week. The delay has probably affected the Feb applicants and later.

Trust me, there is no way anyone wants to wait this long. I have missed out on Jet, Indigo and Spice entrances among others. If there was any way I could get my CPL early - I would.

estranged soul
18th May 2011, 13:29
Either way the response we got is that there is a CBI lockdown at the DGCA and they have frozen all new license issues till all existing licenses and flying schools are scrutinized. I don't see how anyone could have got their license early.

Biggest joke.

There is no CBI involved at all.
What you people have been seeing in the news is all a big eyewash. Just to satisfy a few here and there that the DGCA is getting serious about things.

Everything is as normal and same as before.

The only difference is that now the DGCA has an excellent excuse to torture CPL applicants.
they'll keep delaying CPL issue citing the marksheet scam and background checks etc.

Remember, all DGCA babus have a nexus and would never in their right mind ever give up their positions of power, and involve police or other investigative agencies.

Cactus225
21st May 2011, 11:14
Lets not get carried away Estranged,

I know there is no CBI involved, but there definately is unrest in the DGCA caused by the watchful eye of the media. The babus are answerable too you know.

I actually think of the DGCA as quite a capable and efficient group of people. Its just that the staff shortage has left their hands full and you need to nudge them to keep your file on top of the pile.

My only complaint about them is that they need a correpondance department, and the paperwork involved could be a lot simpler. But I guess they are already working on it too.

I still insist we all should be taking regular rounds to the DGCA office and be attending the open house sessions.

issues
22nd May 2011, 15:17
This might be a little out of the topic but if DGCA has Piper Seneca 5 PA-34-220T specified in the acceptable a/c list, can we fly a Seneca 2 PA-34-200?
Just curious as to how they term an a/c unacceptable cause I saw that Chimes Aviation has a Seneca 4 and not a 5 although the 4 is also a 220T

THE_WING
22nd May 2011, 15:37
You can fly any Piper Seneca (PA34).
Safe flights..

gagandeep
22nd May 2011, 16:08
@THE_WING

I have to do my recency and as duchess is out...
can I fly 10 hours in PA-34 200(Seneca I) and there is no Seneca I - registered in India. but PA-34 200T(Seneca II) registered in Birmi flight academy in patiala.
and is there any one who done his training in Seneca I and still got license converted.
please help me in this.

Cactus225
27th May 2011, 11:03
If I am trying to check my license issue status online but cant get an application date from the drop down menu, what does that mean?

vivekh
27th May 2011, 11:11
If a date does not appear it means your license has not been processed/your file has not been opened yet. Once your file has been opened for processing a date will appear in the drop down. Usually you would see a date in the dropdown about a month after submission, but these days no one knows how long it might take till you see a date.

AviatorVette
29th May 2011, 22:26
bump thread,

any updates guys about dgca accepting docs.

vivekh
31st May 2011, 19:06
The DGCA has always been accepting applications, they just weren't processing them for a while. But from what I very recently heard, they have begun processing apps. and are now clearing the HUGE backlog.

Cactus225
6th Jun 2011, 07:44
Any NEWS??

have your files been opened yet- atleast?

vivekh
6th Jun 2011, 08:07
The Online Status Query page on the DGCA website is finally showing my license as under process (since Friday). That means they have finally managed to open my file. Should be another week or two before the number is issued! Woohoo!! :D

[You can check your license status here (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/onlinestatus.aspx)]

superdunkaroos
6th Jun 2011, 08:15
@ vivekh
when did you put in your license application?

my friend who submitted it in march was told by dgca that they are still processing feb applications and that his would come under processing in a month or so

vivekh
6th Jun 2011, 08:16
I submitted it on Feb 18th

superdunkaroos
6th Jun 2011, 08:21
Awesome, Thanks!

What license do you have(FAA,Canadian,CASA)?

keep us updated..

vivekh
6th Jun 2011, 08:22
I don't have any of those. I'm applying for a fresh DGCA CPL. Did my training within the country.

NGav
6th Jun 2011, 18:56
guys, does anyone know if the PA30 (Twin Commanche) is a registered a/c as per the new list. I know it was some time back but just did my recency and submitted my papers and wondering.....

superdunkaroos
17th Jun 2011, 11:52
just to caution you guys

guys who did their training from abroad all the x-country checks with instructors that are logged as dual(according to the regulations there) in the journey logs of the aircraft, DGCA are objecting to that.

Same with the day and night checks.

issues
17th Jun 2011, 12:09
so you're saying you need to log PIC time for all your checks ? Even in the multi?

superdunkaroos
17th Jun 2011, 12:12
yes it has to be PIC in your log book and the journey log of the aircraft, DGCA are checking with the flight clubs.

Harassment at its lowest.

cyrilroy21
17th Jun 2011, 12:22
I wouldnt exactly call that as harassment because these checks are the equivalent of a practical test or checkride as they call it in the U.S .

Since during these checks you are not receiving any instruction you cannot log it as dual . Your instructor / examiner is only there to evaluate your skills and not teach you how to fly .

Even for the FAA checkride you log the time flown during the checkride as PIC

superdunkaroos
17th Jun 2011, 12:25
There is no night check on the multi and so no transport Canada examiner will go flying with you and allow you to log it as PIC in the journey log.
So students go flying with multi-operations incharge and for insurance reasons the club logs it as dual in the journey log whereas the student logs it as PIC in his log book for assessment purposes.

+Clubs do not let you fly as PIC(so as to be logged in the journey logs) unless you have 50 hours on a multi, Insurance requirement.

cyrilroy21
17th Jun 2011, 12:29
Hmmm....

So say I am a licensed commercial pilot who is qualified to act as PIC on single piston engine airplane below max take off weight of 5700 kg .

I take a person who is qualified as Instructor on board with me for a flight from point A to point B . Do i still have to log it as DUAL or PIC ?

superdunkaroos
17th Jun 2011, 12:36
Depends on what that qualified flight instructor is doing, if he is there for a joy ride then of course you log it as PIC.

Now Again if he is assessing your flying while being onboard with you, that means he is officially working and has the right to log it as a dual flight and due to the fact that he is not a Transport Canada examiner and that it is not a flight test you cannot log it as PIC in the journey log.

cyrilroy21
17th Jun 2011, 12:39
Hmmm....

Ok i think i get your point regarding the Insurance requirement.....

Well what does the DGCA ask the flying club ? Do they ask for the journey logs flown by the student ?

superdunkaroos
17th Jun 2011, 12:44
Yes they check journey log book from the flying school

issues
17th Jun 2011, 18:50
Is the journey log another word for the sheet where we record the hobbs and tach time ? My school calls it the hobbs sheet.

rahulred5
17th Jun 2011, 19:04
No wonder the processing is take months because these idiots doubt everything.
Verification of the verification ....

And btw what happens if the school like most US pt61 schools has no record of the conditions of flight apart from the flight times ?

superdunkaroos
18th Jun 2011, 03:26
@issues yes that is also referred to as the aircraft journey log

Cactus225
18th Jun 2011, 09:08
what next?

Why dont these DGCA people all these requirements in words?

Whats the point in changing these rules (or the interpretation of these rules as followed by thousands over the last few years) without any warning at all?

It is impossible to get an instructor to come along on the aircraft and not log it as "DUAL". how are we to tackle it that?

I know quite a few people who got their licenses with logging these flights as dual--- and they are working with the airlines.--- what are we gonna do about that?

Does anybody else hate the DGCA as much as I do?

We seriously need to get in line with the rest of the aviation countries of the world.

Enough is enough.

superdunkaroos
18th Jun 2011, 10:29
This is nothing more than pitty nuisances created by a handful of uneducated individuals at DGCA(the new officer in-charge of licensing).

Anyways the guy has been asked to send his logbook back to the flying club and the instructor to write his name on the logbook and write a note that the student was a passenger aboard the flight with him during the cross country.

which ofcourse makes perfect sense :p

Cactus225
18th Jun 2011, 10:47
Anyways the guy has been asked to send his logbook back to the flying club and the instructor to write his name on the logbook and write a note that the student was a passenger aboard the flight with him during the cross country.

Who is this guy & how is this a solution to our problem?

Cactus225
18th Jun 2011, 10:48
And if he got his logbook back in hand for this purpose, does it not mean his application has been rejected and he would need to make a new one when he submits it again?

-Which leads to some awkward questions about the recency then.

LieDetector
19th Jun 2011, 04:43
I've heard of the same thing but from what I gathered they will not reject it but put your application processing on hold so your recency is safe.

And the processing times right now are about 3-4months, currently they are clearing applications submitted in march.

flylikeaBE76
19th Jun 2011, 08:30
These dgca checks can indeed be logged as PIC only in America. I being an FAA instructor, have done that for someone I did the dgca recency requirements for. It's 'Acting PIC' time(which is what you'd do for the commercial requirement on a multi, due to insurance purposes of course). So when the candidate is Acting PIC, it is NOT logged as Dual time. It is merely signed in the remarks column indicating the signature and number of the instructor.
As for the DGCA verifying from the flight school, even if they do this with schools in America, there is nothing such as the 'Journey Log book' like in Canada. So, the chief pilot merely confirms the details requested by the dgca as he/she has already verified this in the numerous number of documents/"transcripts" that were already attested by him/her.
Lastly, I'd agree with all here that it is the most inefficient, uneducated and non-informed civil aviation organization!

issues
19th Jun 2011, 18:38
As far as the cross country/ day+night checks go, are they supposed to be done both on the single and twin ?

flylikeaBE76
19th Jun 2011, 19:20
Cross-country checks done on the single only. Multi - Day, Night, 3ldgs, 2ifr approaches checks.

LieDetector
20th Jun 2011, 11:17
guys what is the cost of cpl+ir+multi+rtr for license processing nowadays?

Cactus225
21st Jun 2011, 06:35
No one knows that for sure. Not even the officials.

25,000/- is considered to be the norm though.

Maverick 03
21st Jun 2011, 07:25
Yes its Rs. 25,000:
CPL processing = 10,000
IR = 5,000
Multi = 5,000 (as a matter of fact any additional rating is 5,000 each)
FRTOL = 5,000

Rob Sponge
21st Jun 2011, 12:10
Hey maverick and cactus -

Isn't it 20,000? Thats what I was told.

CPL + single-engine endorsement = 5,000
FRTOL = 5,000
Multi-engine = 5,000
Instrument Rating = 5,000

Cactus225
27th Jun 2011, 12:03
It could be 20,000/-

But as I said, the babus at the DGCA office seem unclear about this rule.

"25,000 hazar to lagta hi hai, koi bhi rating le lo."

-Their exact words when I called.

Cactus225
27th Jun 2011, 12:04
BTW any updates?

Are they seeing the April submission yet?

Maverick 03
27th Jun 2011, 14:40
Its 25,000 only...confirmed!!

rahulred5
28th Jun 2011, 04:38
submitted mine in april ... still nothing on the website not even "processing". This is getting ridiculous !!!

smurf84
28th Jun 2011, 06:13
You would probably get it issued by the 2nd week of July, considering those who submitted in March got their licences issued in June.

Cactus225
28th Jun 2011, 06:28
Rahul,

When exactly did you submit in April?
Just give us an approx date.
Mines in first week of May- Behind you.

rahulred5
28th Jun 2011, 07:12
Mine was submitted on April 26th ... a friend of mine enquired about the status by going to the dgca office a week ago and was simply told "it will take a little more time"

Cactus225
29th Jun 2011, 06:01
little more time my :mad:

These guys just dont want to cover up on the backlog at all:=. Taking it easy.

200hp_stall_freak
29th Jun 2011, 18:14
It was pretty bad earlier but now its kindof better, they'r issuing Licenses to those guys who submitted in April...Guess the verification of older licenses is already finished or about to finish.. and there was this news from a source that the Ministry has given the DTL guys a deadline of 31st july to finish all back log...hope u guys get it soon:ok: :ok:

200hp_stall_freak
29th Jun 2011, 18:17
They charge Rs.5000 for each rating..whether its a single engine CPL multi endorcement, FRTOL...its 5 Gs each...i myself payed Rs.15000 for a Multi CPL, Multi IR and an FRTOL...U dont have to pay 25000 if u dont want a Single Engine CPL and a Single engine IR...:ok:

smurf84
29th Jun 2011, 18:55
Thats right. I paid 20,000 for a Multi-IR CPL with FRTOL. By law, a single-engine endorsement should be issued mandatorily with a CPL. Which means a CPL+single-engine endorsement is 5000 rupees. Then any additional rating is 5000 rupees each.

rahulred5
30th Jun 2011, 01:13
My application submitted on April 26th is finally showing "under process" on June 29th. That is a whopping 2 months just to start processing ! Guess I should be happy that at least they started :D

smurf84
30th Jun 2011, 04:22
Hey Rahul - Where exactly can I check the status of my licence? Please post the link.

rahulred5
30th Jun 2011, 04:37
OnlineStatus (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/onlinestatus.aspx)

Cactus225
1st Jul 2011, 06:12
Oooooo!

finally being processed huh?

Guess they will pick mine in a few days too.

Finally.

Best luck dude. all goes smooth you may get your license in hand in about 10 days from now.- Pray.

DGCA aint all that bad after all huh.

LieDetector
3rd Jul 2011, 06:05
and then you have cases like GARIMA PASSI, the daughter of a DGCA official, thrown out of a school yet managed to get her license issued in 1 week when DGCA had the maximum number of license applications :hmm:

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=2939,2007)

Kanwarmultani
3rd Jul 2011, 06:06
Hey guys just wanted some info .....I submitted my docs in mid may 2011 and now due to shutdown in between the processing time is almost 3 mnths just to start my decency validity is till mid September .By this account my file will only start around mid august what while checking my papers are returned citing some flimsy reasons (like some of my friends did who despite submitting all papers got a letter saying that they were incomplete)and by the time I get back to them my recency starts lapsing like in mid September is dgca going to consider my original date of mid may or they will take my new date of submitting some papers which they have asked as my submission date....cause if DGCA is going to start processing after a minimum of 3. Months there and then reject them on some silly reason there are good chances that recency guys who have only a six month period might get stuck...for no fault of there's .

Cactus225
4th Jul 2011, 10:50
@ rahulred

Any updates after your license has been taken under process?
Please keep us informed about the progress and any unannounced requirement from the DGCA.

I am quite interested in knowing how long they take to process the license and issue it to us once they start processing it.

Thanks and Best Luck.

vivekh
4th Jul 2011, 10:59
Finally went and picked up my license from the DGCA last Monday.

The status was 'Under Process' on 3rd June. The number was issued on 6th June. After waiting for almost a month for it to be delivered home, I finally got fed up and went picked it personally from the DGCA last Monday (27th).

Once your license status is 'under process' then the number should be issued within a week's time. After the number is issued, I suggest you go pick up your license personally after a week or two rather than wait for them to deliver it. You will need to go personally, and can't send anyone even with an authority letter. Don't forget to take your stamped covering letter along with you, without which they will not entertain you at all!!!

Right now, since they are all caught up in clearing the backlog, I don't think they will bother delivering the license until they clear the backlog - no one knows when that will be.

All the best guys!

smurf84
4th Jul 2011, 13:26
vivekh - Congrats on getting your licence. When did you submit your application?

vivekh
4th Jul 2011, 13:30
Thanks smurf. I had submitted my application on February 18th.

smurf84
4th Jul 2011, 13:38
Holy Moly!! February 18th??? 4 months!! You must be happy now that you got it. Good on you. Thanks for the info.

vivekh
4th Jul 2011, 13:46
Hahaha yea, four long, boring, wasteful months! Absolutely relieved to finally get a hold of my license. Feels like there is some hope for a future now! LOL.... If I had not taken it personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4 months extended to 5 or even 6 months!

LieDetector
6th Jul 2011, 10:37
well if you were a minister(rajiv rudy) you would have got it in 1 day.
yes one damn day!!

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=87,2006)

vivekh
6th Jul 2011, 10:43
Odd... The CPL is C/O Indigo Airlines. Also, there is an article that he co-piloted an A320 (read (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/copilot-rajiv-rudy-reporting-for-duty/608714/)) last year, but his license details don't show any kind of A320 rating at all. Does he have an FAA CPL with a 320 rating??

Jet Blast 007
6th Jul 2011, 17:05
How is DGCA going about issuing...I put in my papers on 26th april bt it is still not processed..While few those who submitted after me their CPl's already issued :suspect:??

Cactus225
7th Jul 2011, 17:00
Jetblast,

When you say it isnt processed- is it atleast under process?
what does the online status say?

rahulred5
7th Jul 2011, 17:09
If it is under process ... that is good. Mine took around 3 days to go from under process to issued

Cactus225
8th Jul 2011, 05:39
Issued? Congratulations Rahul:)

rahulred5
8th Jul 2011, 05:51
Yup , they didnt create any fuss. Pleasantly surprised, guess things are improving finally ! You should get yours anytime. Pray :)

gopesho
8th Jul 2011, 06:30
Hey rahul, congrats on getting yr license.. Bt can u tell me wht type pf multi engine were u approved for? if its PA34, wht specific type model were u approved?? cos theres been a lot of confusion lately regarding specific multi type a/c after BE 76 ws refused lately... :confused:so im concerned whether they wud do the same for seneca too..:ooh:

rahulred5
8th Jul 2011, 06:33
my license does not state what model it just says PA34 Seneca.

I did my all training and instructed on a Seneca I and in my logbook I clearly mentioned it as a PA34-200.

gopesho
8th Jul 2011, 06:42
Sweet.!!! :ok: Hope i wudnt hv a problem then.. Cos i also hd mentioned clearly PA34-200 in my logbook, whereas in the DGCA site it says PA34-220T (model V of Seneca) so ws jus worried.. Thnks..

Cactus225
11th Jul 2011, 08:42
This is getting absolutely frustrating now.

Two months and its still not even being processed yet.
Did anybody else submit their papers around April last week/ May first week or so

Jet Blast 007,- Whats the website status, under process yet?

Any updates? Anyone?

smurf84
15th Jul 2011, 14:35
Folks,

I submitted my licence almost a month ago. Can anyone please tell me whether the 'Online Query for issue of Licence' is accessible? I filled in all the information, but I'm not able to enter the Application Date. Is there something wrong with the system or am I supposed to make a query only after a month or so?

vivekh
15th Jul 2011, 14:40
@smurf84 - If the application date is not showing, it means your application still has not reached the processing stage. Your file must be lying in some pile in the DGCA office. The date will show only once they open your file and begin some work on your CPL.

Till then - maybe you should take a vacation or something :cool: It might be a long wait! For me the date was only visible some 3.5 months after submission :}

smurf84
15th Jul 2011, 14:44
Ha! A vacation it is then.

Thank you, Vivek.

niksmathew24
16th Jul 2011, 06:30
Just out of curiosity guys. How long does the DGCA take to endorse a 737 or 320 rating?

Nick

phul_tempo
16th Jul 2011, 07:06
Approx 20 days

niksmathew24
16th Jul 2011, 20:38
Is the 20 day endorsement available only after proper care of DGCA officials or just the normal required days? :confused:
Because last time I heard from a friend, it took him almost 3 months to get an ATR endorsed.

Nick

Dushrox
17th Jul 2011, 04:24
Hello guys,

My Licence was submitted to DGCA for processing into Dgca way back in March. On I received a reply back from them that my Duchess cannot be issued to me because to a CofA issue which all of us know.

The DGCA granted me the FRTO and verbally said that give an application for an multi (eg Seneca) Specific paper and after passing i could request the DGCA to reduce the number of hours to be flown on the Seneca from 10 to 6.5 because of my previous experience on the Duchess. And i have to fly in India.

The problem with that is i cannot write the July attempt cause they need the ground school cert. which i cannot get. So by the time i write the next exam and get the result, it would be December. And i hit recency and have to fly all my 172 hrs again.

So please help me in understanding on how to get NOC from DGCA so that i can go back to my flying club and fly my 172 as well as the Seneca legally and come back with all the requirements within a month.

Thanks
regards

cyrilroy21
17th Jul 2011, 04:43
My Licence was submitted to DGCA for processing into Dgca way back in March. On I received a reply back from them that my Duchess cannot be issued to me because to a CofA issue which all of us know.

Thats idiotic because the DGCA is still issuing endorsements on the BE76 in the month of July
Here are some people who got theirs endorsed in the month of July

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=302,2007)

This guy applied on the 18th of April
Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=469,2006)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=469,2007)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=1865,2009)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=2076,2007)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3714,2008)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3887,2007)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=4067,2007)

If I were you I would go to the DGCA and ask them to explain how these people were issued licenses on the BE76

Go and see the Director General E K Bharat Bhushan if you have no other option left

Dushrox
17th Jul 2011, 04:56
Thanks Cyrilroy,

well i met the DG regarding this and i quoted him a few licence numbers. The reaction was something i expected on these lines "Are you here to talk about your licence application or Mr. X`s? "

now i am done with this idiotic stuff i do not live in delhi and its really difficult for me to flight it out with them.

Now all i am interested in is getting an NOC for completing those hours and getting the licence.

The problem with that is that they want me to fly in india which will take me next Jan/Feb to complete. Whereas i can do back and fly the requirements and come back within a month.

cyrilroy21
17th Jul 2011, 05:03
Now all i am interested in is getting an NOC for completing those hours and getting the licence.

You only need an NOC if you have an Indian license and want to go abroad for flight training and get the aircraft endorsed on your Indian license

If you dont hold an Indian license then there is no need for an NOC and they wont issue you one since you dont hold an Indian license

he problem with that is that they want me to fly in india which will take me next Jan/Feb to complete.

Why do they want you to fly in India ?
I have a feeling that this is a sign of more worse things to come like requiring those who convert their license to write the technical general and technical specific paper

smurf84
17th Jul 2011, 07:15
It is strange that some licence holders who applied in February 2011 got their licences issued in July 2011 and a couple of them who applied in May 2011 got theirs in July 2011 too. Is there any favoritism shown here?

Jet Blast 007
17th Jul 2011, 07:50
This is getting absolutely frustrating now.

Two months and its still not even being processed yet.
Did anybody else submit their papers around April last week/ May first week or so

Jet Blast 007,- Whats the website status, under process yet?

@ Cactus 225 yeah mate it still is under process!!:ugh:

Dushrox
17th Jul 2011, 09:03
@Cyrilroy

Yes they want me to fly in india because Mr Bharadwaj said to me personally that "Theres going to be a CAR stating that the recency flying has to be done in india - this is gonna be published within 7 day within 3 months, he doesnt know !" so he suggested that do the flying in India and hence he issued only an FRTO to me !

and hence i wanted a NOC from the DGCA for flying abroad!

smurf84
17th Jul 2011, 11:36
Weird! The Director of Air Space and Air Traffic Management tells you the CAR concerning recency could change anytime now? Wonder what bull he knows about all this.

I really don't get it. When I submitted my licence for conversion last month, the Dy Director of Licensing told me that the BE76 endorsement will be issued for the time being. Dushrox says he was denied one recently! Goodness gracious me.

cyrilroy21
17th Jul 2011, 13:26
Mr. Bhardwaj was previously incharge for pilot licensing .

He still holds some kind of power when it comes to issuing pilot licenses

My friend was there when he ordered Ashutosh Vashisht to issue the pilot license of an Air India cadet .
This inspite of being in another department

So yes he does weild some power within the licensing department

RECENCY ONLY IN INDIA
Thats like my worst nightmare come true

The only people who are going to benefit from this rule are the flying schools in India with their exorbitant rates :ugh:

smurf84
17th Jul 2011, 14:09
Cyril - Were you aware of this entire 'recency to be done only in India' episode? I hope it isn't for real. This will be a big issue (bigger than the BE76 endorsement) if it comes into effect soon.

cyrilroy21
17th Jul 2011, 14:29
No I wasnt aware of the issue untill Dushrox mentioned it

But I did hear rumors about getting the skill checks done in India itself and also asking those who convert to clear the technical general and specific papers

All this is nothing but a knee jerk reaction to the fake pilot license scam :ugh:

Dushrox
17th Jul 2011, 15:10
Any suggestions on how do i address this issue ?

cyrilroy21
17th Jul 2011, 15:22
@Dushrox

First of all the rule hasnt yet some into play

For flying the new aircraft you need atleast 10 hours on type . This 10 hours on type is not a recency requirement within 6 months and hence can be safely done in a foreign country .
You can do the skill check in India though .

I would suggest you go back and fly the 10 hours and do the skill checks there it self as this rule has not yet come into play

I dont think the DGCA will issue an NOC , as NOC is only for those people who already hold an Indian DGCA license

One thing I learnt about the DGCA is never believe anything they say untill you get it in writing

Dushrox
17th Jul 2011, 15:44
True. One cannot believe these make believe stories of Idiotic stuff thats been going around. Its high time and this needs to end.

Cactus225
18th Jul 2011, 10:18
A couple of guys that Cyril has posted about applied in May.
(btw how did you manage to find that out, any link)

I thought the DGCA was trying to improve their processes and remove all the stupidity involved. Guess was expecting too much.

It is strange that some licence holders who applied in February 2011 got their licences issued in July 2011 and a couple of them who applied in May 2011 got theirs in July 2011 too. Is there any favoritism shown here? Hell ya... (Things never gonna change with the DGCA):}

I applied in May, Smurf applied in May. Jetblast applied in May, we didnt get our licenses yet.

Mine doesnt even show it being under process yet!

A good friend of mine had to go back and spend a good 2 lacs cause they rejected his application with a BE 76. And then there is this proof about DGCA still endorsing on that A/C. Poor guys, wonder how many people had to spend that extra money like my friend while being conned by the DGCA.

Miss the Days of the agents, Things atleast moved on swiftly if not always fair.
(Not that it appears any better even right now)

Fortunes spent on the training & forget a job, dont even have a lousy license to show off for it.

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 10:26
Self Query (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtlquery.aspx)

Just type in the date of approval range .

After that i went through the whole list and copied those who had a BE 76 endorsed

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 10:35
@Dushrox

The following 3 people had their license issued last thursday i.e 4 days ago on the 14th of July , 2011

All of them applied for their license long after you did

All of them has a duchess endorsed on their license

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=469,2006)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=2076,2007)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3887,2007)

This unlucky chap although not duchess related had to wait for more than one year to get license issued
He applied for his license on 22nd June 2010 , and got it approved last friday

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=941,2007)

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 10:51
Also have you talked to Mr. Ashutosh Vashisht

He had mentioned to my friend that all those who applied before July 1 will get their license issued with the Duchess endorsed

This is the reason these people and even more will continue to get it endorsed on their license till July 1 , 2011

After that is yet to be seen

Dushrox
18th Jul 2011, 12:42
Negative, i havent met MR Ashutosh Vashisht. I directly met the DG Mr EK Bharat Bhushan and he directed me towards Mr Bharadwaj and you know the rest of the story. Mr Bharadwaj was like go do your recency and submit it quickly because Mr VP Singh who is incharge of issuing my licence is going to be there only for a moth or so after that hes gonna be transferred.

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 13:04
Mr Bharadwaj was like go do your recency and submit it quickly because Mr VP Singh who is incharge of issuing my licence is going to be there only for a moth or so after that hes gonna be transferred.

I am quite sure VP Singh is not in the licensing department anymore

The Deputy Director for licensing is Ashutosh Vashisht . The Director for licensing is D C Sharma

Vashisht handles all the CPL cases and special cases are transferred to D C Sharma .

I suggest you talk to him atleast and see what he has to say

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 14:01
The following license was issued today with a duchess endorsement

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3980,2007)

@dushrox

You should really check with Ashutosh Vashisht

The DGCA is making a complete fool of you for not endorsing your license with a duchess when behind your back they still continue to do the same :mad:

smurf84
18th Jul 2011, 14:19
Cyril is right. A friend of mine got his licence issued by Mr.V.P.Singh on his very last day at office in June 2010. How did the present Deputy Director ask you to go and meet him then? When I spoke to the Director General Mr.Bharat Bhushan last month, he had no clue about the ongoing issues. It is the 'small-time' officers that make the call regarding the Duchess and other licence related issues. Unfortunately, Mr.Bharat Bhushan is only a puppet in our aviation regulatory body, just like how he was in the Forest Department.

Dushrox
18th Jul 2011, 15:19
@Cyrilroy

I have a letter dated 5th July 2011 Signed by VP Singh (as Deputy Director Training and licencing) rejecting my licence ! So yes i am 100% sure he is sill in the office as hes the one who issued me my FRTO too!

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 15:27
@Dushrox

I did some more research and found that VP singh is also responsible for issuing licenses

He was hired back into the licensing department to clear the backlog of CPL applications after the fake pilot scam

He will be there for some more time in order to clear the backlog

He was transferred from the department in the first place due to shoddy dealings when issuing pilot licenses.

Looks like a case of bad luck my friend that your file was handled by VP singh
On the other hand Ashutosh Vashisht still approves duchess endorsements

DGCA RULES AND REGULATIONS (http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/dir-ind.htm)

I suggest you go and see Ashutosh Vashsisht regarding this issue as VP Singh is there only temporarily

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 15:34
DGCA RULES AND REGULATIONS (http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/dir-ind.htm)

Ironically VP Singh also happens to be posted in the same department as AK Bhardwaj which is the
Air Space and Air traffic Management Directorate :hmm:

Dushrox
18th Jul 2011, 15:54
@Cyrilroy

Well now the thing is as it stands my licence is rejected and when i resubmit my application i am going to be hitting recency now technically speaking. So the feeling of getting screwed is sinking in to be really frank with you my friend!

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 16:04
My friends license was recently rejected by for the same issue by Mr. Vashisht

He then later asked him to apply again since they started issuing duchess endorsements again
So my friend went and applied on the 3rd of June

His recency lapsed long time ago ( more than 6 months )

But Ashutosh Vashisht was ready to give him an exception inspite of his lapsed recency

My friend still has to obtain his license due to some paperwork issue . But duchess is not the problem

I would strongly suggest you talk to him and DC sharma and get a NO from them ( i dont see how they can say no since they are still issuing it )

Make sure you have all the paperwork with you and write a new cover letter describing the issue and to reconsider issuing your license ( DGCA loves paperwork )

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2011, 16:22
I wonder how many pilots had their licenses rejected by VP Singh due to the duchess issue and all this while they Ashutosh Vashisht was still issuing licenses with the duchess on it

This might have forced a few candidates to go back and fly the seneca or some other multi and spend money unnecessarily

DGCA you make me sick :mad:

smurf84
18th Jul 2011, 17:51
Yes, the Deputy Director is the go-to man! He told me as long as I've submitted before July 1, the Duchess endorsement will be issued. Now I'm not sure whether he would stick to his word!

smurf84
18th Jul 2011, 17:54
If anybody in this forum gets to know about the new recency requirements - kindly post it here. Rumour has it that recency is to be done only in India from now on, plus the candidate must pass a technical exam for getting any endorsement.

rahulsarma
19th Jul 2011, 05:30
Don't know about recency but have repeatedly heard about the technical exam and flying test. I guess they are waiting for that rule to supersede and take care of all the confusion related to duchess/seneca. So I won't be surprised if multi on these are issued after July 1st as well.

BTW one of my friend applied for license in April and haven't got it as yet, so I am assuming there are lots of pending files.

Maverick 03
19th Jul 2011, 06:09
yup it's still a rumor that these new requirements might come up for the purpose of receny....
what I personally think that if someone is planning to go for a recency then they should probably wait for a month or so or else they might again end-up doing a lot of extra "useless" flying if DGCA asks them to fly according to their new norms viz..test in India etc...(Because by looking at the above posts, its very obvious that DGCA doesn't really bother about the money we have to spend for their irregularities and lack of communication in issuing new rules)

And on part of Mr. V.P.Singh, he is really a one of the few good guys in the DGCA..and the reason he is posted back to the Licensing Dept. is only because of his past clean record (I don't understand why people just shoot-off with their little knowledge about something without any solid reason to back their cause.....I wonder why a person who was previously transferred from a dept. on the ground of misconduct or corruption would be again hired back to the same dept.)

And yes, going to Mr. D.C.Sharma for the matter would be ideal as he is "supposedly" to be the senior in the Licensing Dept.

Tc

smurf84
19th Jul 2011, 15:29
All eyes on the New and Updated section of the DGCA website for the next couple of weeks.

Cactus225
20th Jul 2011, 09:42
Rahul, has your friends license atleast been picked up for processing yet?

I really wonder whats going on with this issuing process.
I saw two licenses issued in the last week which have been submitted on the 5th and 6th of May.

So I can understand if all the files submitted before these dates have been picked up for processing but are not issued yet due to lack of paper work.

Any updates from anyone for the processing?

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 14:17
I also submitted my papers for conversion way back in mar 11 2011 for conversion but havent received any reply from dgca as of yet.. all its been showing is UNDER PROCESS since 18 June... :ugh: and when i call them up no one picks up as usual... the most suprising part is ppl who submitted after my date hv already recieved their licenses... :ooh: but most of them are indian flying school guys..
is there anyone here who did their training abroad and gave their papers for CONVERSION aftr mar 11 got their license yet?? also guys any suggestions on wht do i do in this scenario??? :D thnkss...

cyrilroy21
20th Jul 2011, 14:26
@gopesho

Plenty of people who trained abroad and applied after you got their licenses

The DGCA will verify all your paperwork thoroughly and verify with your flying school all the hours flown .
Contact your school or were you went for recency and check if the DGCA contacted them regarding your flying hours

They also sit and make sure that all the cross countries flown are equal to or more than 100nm or websites like airnav.com

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 15:00
well i too had the same idea.. hence i even contacted my flying school also if they hv received any such info. but my flying school says.. no one frm DGCA has contacted them yet.. :(
umm soo cyril ( or other guys )what do u think i can do in this situation?? any suggestions..??
also u really think they wud check each and every XC i did if its beyond 100 nm radius or not for EACH student.. :rolleyes: though i wudnt hv a prob in tht as i ws aware of the rule... im getting restless now on wht exactly hs stopped my license frm being issued.. even though i hv nt flown the BE 76.. since thts one of the main prob these days frm nt being issued..

cyrilroy21
20th Jul 2011, 15:15
The only solution I see is to wait till the end of July .

If you dont receive it or get it approved by then then go to delhi find a PG to stay and then keep visiting their office everyday to pester them to issue your license

Something must be holding up since those who applied after you have gotten it issued . They just might be too lazy to update it on their website

If you dont want to wait any longer then go to delhi and to the DGCA office as soon as possible

Visiting time is between 4-5 pm and expect to meet plenty of CPL holders hanging around waiting to sort their problems

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 16:12
hmmm yee... I too thought of same thing... cos going to delhi isnt an easy task fr me... bt in case there wud be some issue in my file.. atleast i know tht they send a letter stating all the problems... as they do it usually... im wondering why they even dint send me tht... :rolleyes: neither update on the website.. nor sending a letter.. :ugh: bt are u sure the guys who gt it issued AFTER ME DO include the ones who did their training ABROAD??

cyrilroy21
20th Jul 2011, 16:18
Yes I am quite sure they were abroad because we went to the same flying school in the U.S :)

smurf84
20th Jul 2011, 16:23
Gopesho - I assume the time when you submitted your licence, the 'fake pilot' scam was at its peak. That is exactly when the DGCA officials started examining all the licences issued earlier and may have kept yours and maybe many others on hold! I'm sure they must be almost done with your application. And yes, there are overseas-trained CPL holders who have been issued licences post March 2011. So don't worry about that. But you better knock on their doors at the earliest.

smurf84
20th Jul 2011, 16:35
We won't be calling it the DGCA in the near future when our aviation regulatory body will be renamed Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) as part of the restructuring plan.

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 19:13
Thanks a lot cyril for the replies.. I was actually waiting for some kind of reply or info from them.. cos my other friends have already received their objection letter.. but guess i realized that if i just wait they also wouldn't lemme know and nothing happens finally...
@smurf.. ye dude.. the fake pilot had just started when i had submitted by docs.. though it peaked around my time and my file wasnt opened at all until june 15 or so when it FINALLY showed UNDER PROCESS.. ( cos of verification of other licenses i believe) but the weird part is they havent even contacted my school also for my flying records verification.. soo i have no idea where exactly its been HELD up.. guess i would find that out when i visit DGCA... thanks for the suggestion too smurf...

Cactus225
22nd Jul 2011, 05:32
You guys sure they call up each and every school and verify all the times logged for EACH and EVERY student?

Sounds like a long and tedious process- I thought they just did that on random basis.

Also does anybody have a clue as to what is the latest date that the documents have been picked up for processing? Mines still not showing up.- 10th May.

smurf84
22nd Jul 2011, 05:53
Yes, and assuming the 'verification' process is the reason why it takes 2-3 months to get a licence. There are some cases where it takes more than 3 months. The verification letter issued by the foreign aviation regulatory bodies holds no value at the moment. The DGCA sends numerous emails to the Licensing Depts. of FAA, CASA, CAA to get another verification report. Think of the time period required if they had to get confirmation reports of thousands of CPL holders from different countries, besides verifying the flying hours in some or all cases. I believe this verification process is happening for real.

hawaijahaj
22nd Jul 2011, 06:21
Well even FAA does not know whats in the logbook of a particular student who has flown so there is no chance they can verify it with them. the only thing they can do is check the journey log of the a/c on the particular dates and time on which a student has flown(If the school has preserved them coz there is a certain time period of its preservation). It is way too much for DGCA.:cool::cool:

Cactus225
22nd Jul 2011, 06:35
Well honestly, my concern is the amount of time that would be spent on verification processes.

I had to wait a good 8 months for the WPC to ready my license which delayed the submission of my DGCA papers. Its been 3 months on top of that since I submitted those papers and it hasnt even been picked up for processing yet, now if they spend another 3 months just verifying all the 'verification certificates' I have submitted, its just a huge waste of time and resources.
God help those who have a couple of documents rejected and have to start all over at the end of the line when they resubmit those documents. I think thats where half the recency problems arise in the first place.

When does this end and I can start applying for jobs?

For a profession where we all have spent such vast amounts of money training ourselves, all this waiting game quite frustrating.

Rahulred has mentioned in one of his posts above that his license went from 'under process' to 'issued' in just three days. So thats just how long it is supposed to take. Give or take a few days for the documents that need to be resubmitted.

Now is three days enough time to verify all the hours logged and other documents submitted by a person?

We all are anticipating quite a few vacancies with the airlines in the coming months and I want to be able to apply to those with the rest of you guys. Thats all.

Any advise?

cyrilroy21
22nd Jul 2011, 08:40
For those who learnt to fly in India the licenses being issued are somewhere around the 2nd week of May
It takes less time for the DGCA to verify those who learnt to fly in India

For those who are converting the current CPL's being issued are for those who applied towards April

Ever since the fake pilot scam the DGCA verifies each and every students records thoroughly

The FAA does keep a track of the number of hours flown , XC time , PIC time etc with them upto the date of the last checkride flown aka FAA-8710
But I dont think that they pass that info to the DGCA

@Cactus
If its been more than 3 months since your date of application then its time to pay the DGCA a visit . Other wise I suggest you wait .

Also look here and see if your name comes up . This sort of indicates that they have opened your file
Self Query (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtlquery.aspx)

hawaijahaj
22nd Jul 2011, 09:44
@cyril- yup FAA has 8710 but it cannot verify whether you have actually flown that particular cross country.

rahulsarma
22nd Jul 2011, 15:41
Yup I agree with hawaijahaj. FAA will respond with respect to 8710. The checkride examiner validates the # hrs and has a personal checklist to see if you have met the requirement and I am sure they don't keep track of details of that.
Moreover since time of filing 8710 and checkride can have some delay and numbers may not tie up.

I know for sure my friend's school received a request from DGCA for validation of hrs within a period and not even details.

rahulsarma
22nd Jul 2011, 15:44
qq...does this link work for anyone? What is it for?
OnlineStatus (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/onlinestatus.aspx)

elitepilot20
22nd Jul 2011, 18:11
rahulsarma: qq...does this link work for anyone? What is it for?
OnlineStatus

dude it does work for CPL and FRTOL, it doesnt show your IR status though.
and actually this will show you some error in your FRTOL section but don't worry that's absolutely normal according to DGCA as their software is in that format (some crap) only.
:ugh:

issues
22nd Jul 2011, 20:22
What if the school is no longer in operation? How do they get hold of the school then ?

Cactus225
23rd Jul 2011, 09:41
Ok.

So now some people who submitted their licenses after me have already got theirs issued. And mine is not even under process yet.

Advice me..

cyrilroy21
23rd Jul 2011, 09:45
@Cactus

This must probably be those who learnt to fly in India .

Those who flew in IGRUA applied on the 12th and 16th of May and naturally they get it issued earlier

Do you know for sure if that person flew from outside ( BE 76 or twin commanche endorsement is a clue ) ?

@issues

The DGCA only verifies with the flying school where you did your recency checks

Cactus225
23rd Jul 2011, 09:53
Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3056,2007)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3134,2008)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=3828,2008)

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=4315,2006)

How do these look? Indian schools?

C 172 R, PA 34, C 90 and the rest. These people seem to have applied after me.

Cactus225
23rd Jul 2011, 09:57
Guess you are right. This one actually has given the IGRUA address

Emplyee Details (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/dtldetail.aspx?files=5232,2008)

But I cant be sure about the rest.

I submitted a week before these guys.
Shouldnt mine atleast show under process till now?
Does their processing start earlier?

cyrilroy21
23rd Jul 2011, 09:59
Except for the first one the rest I am quite sure are Indian

The 2nd and 3rd are IGRUA because they are the only ones who will have a DA 40 and King Air C90

the 4th not sure but has an FRTOLR which is usually given to those who learn to fly in India
You will see that the 2nd and 3rd also has an FRTOLR

Cactus225
23rd Jul 2011, 10:03
Thanks,

So what do you suggest I do?

As I said, these people submitted a week after me. Shouldnt my file atleast have been opened by now?

Should I wait or head to Delhi?

cyrilroy21
23rd Jul 2011, 10:05
I am not sure about the processing date but I think your processing has already begun just not updated on the website

The DGCA knows that these guys already have their 10th and 12th verification done , class 1 done , etc
The flying school already does the paperwork for you so they dont get rejected on the basis of that also

Foreign verifications take time . Also your paperwork has to be perfect .

Like I said earlier 3 months . If within 3 months no update then go to their office ( if you dont live in delhi i.e )
If you have someone in delhi then have them check it out for you at the earliest

Cactus225
23rd Jul 2011, 10:07
Could it be that two different people are working on two different bunches and one is working his way through mid May while the other is working for 1st week of May?

Guess I will wait another week.

abhimakam
24th Jul 2011, 06:47
When exactly did u submit ur application? I submitted on the 18th of may and i haven't received any update from DGCA either.

Cactus225
24th Jul 2011, 07:44
12 May dude.

so you mean even your license isnt showing under process yet?

abhimakam
25th Jul 2011, 11:55
yes... it still doesnt say its under process. I see a person who has applied on the 14th has already been issued a licence. Is DGCA using a lucky dip system?? :ugh:

Cactus225
26th Jul 2011, 10:33
forget 14th , I see a person here who submitted on 18th and got his license...

cyrilroy21
27th Jul 2011, 14:14
For those of you who applied before the 24th of May it about time to start bothering the DGCA regarding your license .

My friends license was issued today and he converted from a Canadian license

He applied on the 24th of may

There is another guy who applied on the 30th of May and also got his license issued today
Oh Yes...
He also has a duchess endorsement :E

guitarboy
27th Jul 2011, 15:13
Guys you need to visit DGCA regularly and pursue your case! you have to haunt them! as it clearly says that issue would take 30-45 days! once that period is over it your RIGHT to go and find out!

Please pursue your case! they lose files, mix up documents and what not!

They will give you the shadyest responses for people who get their licences in weeks or people whove been issued after your submission date!

So get on it! May i remind you this is India and the only way to get the work done is by constant Pursual!

smurf84
27th Jul 2011, 17:22
Now what is that new draft on the DGCA website all about? It looks like recency requirements have been revised to 20 hours within the last 6 months. Does anybody know about it?

smurf84
27th Jul 2011, 17:25
Applications submitted in June 2011 are under review at the moment.

cyrilroy21
27th Jul 2011, 17:26
The draft is related to conversion of CPL (A) / ATPL (A) to CPL (H) / ATPL (H)

http://dgca.nic.in/notif/not531(E).pdf

What does it have to do with recency for those who are converting ?

smurf84
27th Jul 2011, 17:30
Really? Okay. I thought it had something to do with the recency. Maybe I read the 20 hours within 6 months preceding the date of application as the new recency requirement.

cyrilroy21
27th Jul 2011, 17:33
But this is for those who are converting to a CPL (H) not those who are converting from a foreign license

smurf84
27th Jul 2011, 17:34
Right. Sorry about that. I missed out on the helicopter part.

AviatorVette
28th Jul 2011, 20:11
Hi guys I have submitted my documents on the 1st of July, I dont live in delhi, I hand submitted the docs in delhi though. When should I plan my next trip to the dgca office and what should I tell them? I want to get my license soon! Thanks.

smurf84
29th Jul 2011, 03:21
aviatorvette - We're in the same boat and who wouldn't want their licences to be issued soon. But hang in there - this is the DGCA. I suggest you enquire about it on the first week of August. They have started processing the applications submitted in June only a few days ago. So call them after a week. I reckon they will tell you to ring them back after another 10 days.

Cactus225
29th Jul 2011, 06:30
@ guitarboy

Please pursue your case! they lose files, mix up documents and what not!

Lose things and Mix up? Really? With all the originals in that bundle.
Did that happen to anyone you know?

12th May submission and not even under process yet- Guess I am headed to Delhi now. Anyone else in the same boat?

abhimakam
29th Jul 2011, 14:40
:ok:

Some good news at last. My licence was finally issued on the 27th :D. (after 2 months and 10 painful days ofcourse :P )

smurf84
30th Jul 2011, 04:11
Congratulations abhimakam! It is time to jump into the big seat. Good luck.

kapoor.varun
30th Jul 2011, 13:08
submitted CPL/MEIR application on 7 april .... licence issued only on 22 july ....that too after a lot of running to DGCA office ....
ashutosh vashisht & VP singh process the filesand DC sharma is final signatory....apparently the peons have been holding up files in licencing

still waiting for my licence copy in hand !!

good luck guys

cyrilroy21
30th Jul 2011, 15:09
apparently the peons have been holding up files in licencing

Why ? :confused:

guitarboy
30th Jul 2011, 16:32
@Cactus225

Dude happened with me! direct on my face the guy goes like! SIR WE CANT FIND YOUR FILE! We will have to look for it, please come after a week!

I went next day, took it on my hands and found it! Thank effin GOD!

I couldnt eat that night!

josh121.5
3rd Aug 2011, 14:46
For a friend of mine who applied on the 9th of MAY 2011 , his licence was rejected for the following 2 reason's
* in the IR proficiency check form , instead of putting a tick in the instrument rating column , he ticked the PPC column
* He submitted the cpl verification by hand and from now onwards DGCA expects The civil flying authority to post it to them directly :ugh:

poor chap , he's pissed off beyond words can describe ! if u guys have any solution to the above prescribed problem please advice , i will notify him ASAP ! :ok:

smurf84
3rd Aug 2011, 18:17
Well, its simple. To get the IR again, he needs to request his CFI to send the completed IR check form again. For the verification letter, he can request the regulatory body to send the certificate to the DGCA licensing dept. either via email or directly by post. It doesn't take much time.

kshiteej_wizard
4th Aug 2011, 10:57
well DGCA have stopped allowing people to enter their office premises long time back.even for submitting your licence papers you wont be allowed inside.there will be a guy who takes your documents at the reception giving you a receipt.
although how come you have documents of two flying clubs. as long as i remember the dgca maintains just one FTPR for n no. of schools you change.and the other documents are of your checks at the school you have done which i suppose is just one.
anyway just correct me if wrong

Cactus225
12th Sep 2011, 12:06
hey all,

I submitted a couple of new documents in addition to my application last week

Question is- how long does it take for the file to be opened and processed after a resubmission?

Is there a different que for resubmission or all three months all over again?

Reply soon and help me calm down guys :) hehe..

varun89
11th Oct 2011, 18:04
Hi Friends...
I am new to this thread...
I am just going through this thread and other related to the same topics
I just want to know if the dgca is still continuing with the scrutiny of the licenses or has it started processing the licenses quickly these days...
I mean is dgca still checking the documents.... if yes how much time can one expect for his license to be issued from the authority...
Please guide...

smurf84
12th Oct 2011, 02:56
Scrutiny of foreign licence by the DGCA is an ongoing process. It takes around 2 months to get the Indian CPL issued.

Cactus225
12th Oct 2011, 07:45
Two- Three months average processing time.

Its been five months for me... ntg yet.:}

But think it should happen soon now.:)

Depends on a lot of things. Best Luck.:ok:

flyboy333
15th Nov 2011, 14:43
Hey guys, just wondering, on the website it says processing an there aren't any shortfalls listed, does that mean that the license will be issued with no problems at all? :confused:. Just worried and want everything to go smoothly, Thanks!

Cactus225
16th Nov 2011, 05:33
Wait and watch dude..

Just pray that it doesnt list any shortfalls in the next three days..

If not, you should get yr license issued in three days time...

Best Luck..

flyboy333
16th Nov 2011, 05:51
Thanks Cactus225! Will be praying nothing goes wrong! Thanks for the advice:ok:

Aviator_Prat
16th Nov 2011, 06:46
You could speed up the process by getting you flying club to mail your training records to [email protected] get a copy of this mail cc'd to your e-mail print it and attach it with the submission letter! (dgca likes paper; computers not that much :E)
Your Training Records should have all the details of your checks, your written exams, the time you spent at the flying club etc.
It helped loads in my case!!

cyrilroy21
16th Nov 2011, 06:54
@AviatorPrat

Thanks for the info :ok:

Any other information that we should mention in the email to DGCA ?

Aviator_Prat
16th Nov 2011, 07:07
The mail should be from the flying institution to the DGCA; U can only be cc'd

I got my club to mail them something like this:-

Mr. XYZ trained at our institution from Date to Date, for his Multi-Engine Commercial Pilots License.
1. His Flying hours are as follows:-(A table with Type of A/c and hours on it)
2. Written Exams:-
He scored __% in his written exam conducted by the FAA and scored __% in the specific exam for (whatever aircrafts you have flown)
3. Details of Checks:-
A table with all the checks with date of check; type of aircraft; name of the check; duration of the flight; Instructor/Examiner's name and No. etc!

flyboy333
17th Nov 2011, 11:24
Hey guys, when I checked my CPL license status, it still says, "Under process".

But, When I checked my FRTOL status it had the following shortfalls.

- There is ShortFall in Knowledge Flag
- There is ShortFall in Exeperience Flag
- There is ShortFall in Skill Flag
- There is ShortFall in Flying Flag

How is this possible when I had an Indian RT License issue by the WPC!! :ugh:

Aviator_Prat
18th Nov 2011, 06:24
@ flyboy333
Hope you have kept a xerox copy of your RTR (A)!
Go to them with that; and take a copy of the bundle of papers you had submitted when you applied for your CPL & FRTOL (Just in case).

smurf84
18th Nov 2011, 08:04
flyboy333 - Don't worry about the shortfalls mentioned with regard to your FRTOL. I was in your shoes too. You will get your FRTOL. Ignore the shortfalls mentioned. It's just one of those technical errors.

flyboy333
18th Nov 2011, 14:55
@Smurf84 Thanks for the tip man! :ok:

flyboy333
23rd Nov 2011, 06:03
Argh, it's been a week and my license is still under process:sad: . But no shortfalls listed though. The suspense is killing me! :eek:

g_viky2001
23rd Nov 2011, 06:45
NO TXT SPK THNX
HWB

flyboy333
23rd Nov 2011, 07:05
@g_viky2001

Read many posts on the site that the DGCA do in fact have a problem with their website software and shortfalls for FRTOL pop up for everyone. Will pop into the office to make sure everything is okay though!

g_viky2001
23rd Nov 2011, 22:01
@flyboy333

Im not sure whether dgca has any software problems.... but To all my friends who had the shortfalls under FRTOL had received query from DGCA..even I had the same shortfalls under frto and received query..

"Read many posts on the site that the DGCA do in fact have a problem with their website software and shortfalls for FRTOL pop up for everyone"

After all this is Professional Pilots 'RUMOUR' Network mate, so take it as worst case scenario. I would tell u, Just GO to DGCA office, find the officer who is dealing with ur documents, only he may able to explain the problem IF u hav any...

bayblade
24th Nov 2011, 09:12
@g_viky2001
but To all my friends who had the shortfalls under FRTOL had received query from DGCA..even I had the same shortfalls under frto and received query..

what extactly do these shortfalls mean and how did you tackle them?
i've been given a shortfall in medical flag in addition to the four others. any idea what would this imply?

cyrilroy21
24th Nov 2011, 09:16
@bayblade

Your DGCA as well as your foreign medical class 1 should be valid at the time of submission to the DGCA . If not then they'll reject it .

bayblade
24th Nov 2011, 10:31
yes indeed they both are!

bayblade
24th Nov 2011, 10:45
i did not submit my canadian medical though and nowhere is it mentioned that medical of the country from where rt was obtained has to be submitted along, thats a matter for wpc, right?

flyboy333
25th Nov 2011, 07:10
@g_viky2001

Did they post these shortfalls under your CPL or your FRTOL? And how long did it take them to issue your license after re-submission?

bayblade
28th Nov 2011, 21:32
@flyboy33,
this is to confirm that the shortfalls indeed are a technical error as of now, perhaps earlier this was not the case.
i was listed with 5 shortfalls a week ago and have my licence issued today! :)

thanks to all the people who have contributed towards helping others here, it was only for the information here that i could manage the paper work and other related stuff.
:D

kanz
1st Dec 2011, 03:56
hey guys just a question dgca is now taking many months for issuing cpl licenses....what about our recency specially of multi engine ....if they open my file after my receny for multi has lapsed and then raise an objection and send my papers back will my the new date of submission be considered or the old date on which i submitted my papers....and would my receny have lapsed if they sent an objection????

Aviator_Prat
1st Dec 2011, 04:26
@ kanz

If you submit your papers to the DGCA before your recurrent flying lapses then you are ok. But if there is an objection and all your papers are returned to you then the new date of re-submission is considered not the initial date.

The best way would be to submit another letter in addition to the initial one with reference to your shortfalls on your initial submission, before accepting the returned papers. Then the Initial date will still be considered.

cyrilroy21
1st Dec 2011, 13:15
@bayblade

how long did the dgca take to process your application from the day you submitted the papers in delhi ?

rahulpereira
7th Dec 2011, 05:00
Hey guys, Im currently in the US..... Due to shortfall in funds I'm want to do my Single Engine Commercial. There's a lot of debate on whether the Cessna 172 RG or the Piper Arrow is valid.... Please help me out. I know for a fact that there's only 1 arrow in India whose C of A expired in 2005 (courtesy DGCA) but i cant seem to find anything about the RG...... Thanks in advance.....
Best Regards
Rahul

cyrilroy21
7th Dec 2011, 05:11
@rahul

If you have more than 10 hours on C172 or any other single engine aircraft registered in India then have that aircraft endorsed on your Indian DGCA license .
This can be done by doing the 250nm , 120nm , General flying tests by day , night and IR check on that particular aircraft with an FAA CFI( and ofcourse all the other recency requirments )

The DGCA does not care on what aircraft you do your FAA commercial checkride .

bayblade
7th Dec 2011, 13:42
@cyrilroy21,
2 months and 9 days.

aqswde12345
10th Dec 2011, 02:50
Guys, I submitted my papers for conversion on thr 18th of OCT. The online status last evening changed to "Issue is under process since Date 09/12/2011". What exactly does that mean? The papers have been verified and the license will be issued or does it mean they started the whole process on that date?

thanks

bayblade
10th Dec 2011, 03:07
it seems like they started work on your file yesterday. it took two weeks after a similar message to issue mine. goodluck!

aqswde12345
14th Dec 2011, 12:29
Guys, This is the message i get. There are not shortfalls mentioned but it feels like there is some sort of unreadable text. :confused:

http://i39.tinypic.com/rr4ks7.jpg

bayblade
15th Dec 2011, 04:31
there is no shortfall!:hmm:

hitesh.ahire
23rd Dec 2011, 05:30
Hi Guys,

I submitted my papers on the 21st November, no update as yet on DGCA website..
Is there anybody around who submitted papers in the month of November??

aqswde12345
29th Dec 2011, 09:16
Guys its been 2 months and 11 days since i submitted my documents. The status has been the same as above for the last 20 days. I have not received and letter stating any shortfalls. Do I need to be worried?

Macarto
2nd Jan 2012, 04:05
Is the Indigo A320 Type rating qualification programme for cadet pilots with no experience at all only for Indian Nationals?

Over on the CAE Global Academy Pilot provision website, the requirements are as follow.

Indian Nationality Indian DGCA issued CPL or higher license with Multi Engine Instrument Rating Indian COP/RTR and FRTO Licenses must be valid at all times Valid Indian Class I medical certificate Fluency in English - both written and spoken

I believe the they are merely talking about the CPL, not the actual nationality of the applicant.

Please advise.

LieDetector
2nd Jan 2012, 04:21
Wrong thread.

Yes it is only for Indian nationals, that isn't for cadet pilots btw.

Macarto
2nd Jan 2012, 04:48
Thanks for the input, I'm guessing it's the same for the cadet pilot programme where they only accept Indian Nationals?

LieDetector
2nd Jan 2012, 06:38
^Yes, that is correct.

mav330
25th Jan 2012, 06:50
Hey guys..,

Today i checked my cpl licence status it says "under-process"
and there is short fall in knowledge flag.
and under FRTOL status there is 4 shortfalls.....

There is ShortFall in Knowledge Flag
- There is ShortFall in Exeperience Flag
- There is ShortFall in Skill Flag
- There is ShortFall in Flying Flag

How is this possible when I had an Indian RT License issue by the WPC!!

Please advise me if anyone have any information regarding this.

ibcd
25th Jan 2012, 17:03
what date did you submit your papers?

mav330
26th Jan 2012, 02:48
@ ibcd

i submitted my documents on 1st week of dec....anybody who have any idea about knowledge flag...please give me some advice...

aryancool52
1st Feb 2012, 04:20
hi i submitted my license for conversion on 14/12/2011 and now its showing under process with no shortfalls......by what time i can expect it???????

stiknruddr
1st Feb 2012, 11:40
Does anybody know the format of the verification letter issued by CBSE for the license conversion?
PM me if you have the details please
Thanks

bony20
2nd Feb 2012, 16:02
hii guys.i have got my license status as under process and a shortfall in knowledge flag..what does this exactly mean..pls help

storm999
8th Feb 2012, 11:24
hi guys .. does anyone know if it shows the license details on the online status before you get your license in hands or does it update later.. just trying to figure out if the online status check is reliable or am i gonna get it in my hands before they update anything online .. any help is appreciated.

ibcd
14th Feb 2012, 01:31
Anyone here who had submitted their documents in the last week of December and have had the status changed?

aryancool52
15th Feb 2012, 04:50
yes i submitted mine on 14/12/2011 and my status has changed

aryancool52
16th Feb 2012, 14:10
ok.. shortfalls under cpl or frTOL?

bony20
16th Feb 2012, 14:25
nothing about frtol is mentioned as such...so i guess its about the cpl..
no one exactly knws what shortfall in knowledge flag meanss?letss see man

airbuscopilot
17th Feb 2012, 18:22
For people who are in Delhi, visit regularly if your licence has not been issued within 45-60 days.

For outstation, call

Ashutosh Vasishtha,
Dy. Dir

24653104 Extn. 308
[email protected]

Helpful Guy. Tell him your file Number and that its been more than 45-60 days.

Guneet
19th Feb 2012, 06:55
Hey..... I have done my PPL in 87hrs from USA and the rest 120 hrs from india. Nw when i submitted my docs for issue of CPL in DGCA, they are not considering my Flying done in USA. :sad: According to DGCA pple, all my flying has to be done either from USA or from India.
So, they are telling me to do all 87 hrs from india again.:( :{
Does anyone knows any rule tht states the same?? Plz help.

aryancool52
19th Feb 2012, 10:25
call the above mentioned number and enquire about it.......

Halfwayback
20th Feb 2012, 20:38
Pprune is a PROFESSIONAL pilots form.

Please write in English and not TXT SPK :=

HWB

aryancool52
21st Feb 2012, 03:52
this is english sir.........

flankerpilot
21st Feb 2012, 05:25
Mr aryancool apparently you don't understand that the moderator deleted the "txtspk" which is why the thread still looks professional.

JoshiR
29th Feb 2012, 16:01
Guys,

After an agonizing wait for all my documents to be proper and in order, I finally managed to submit it today at the reception. I was told that it would take 2 months for the licence to be dispatched to me. I however would appreciate a more realistic time frame within which i should receive it going by the present day backlogs and stuff.

Regards,

JoshiR

aryancool52
1st Mar 2012, 04:55
all the best mate...........i submitted mine on 14/12/11 still no updates from dgca.....i will give them a visit..........

ibcd
4th Mar 2012, 18:28
Anyone here who had submitted their documents after 15th December 2011 and have had the status changed?