PDA

View Full Version : DGCA CPL processing.

Pages : 1 [2]

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 05:24
i got observation letter from dgca that i went for recency abroad and did my 15 hours pic without undertaking any familiarisation flight after 1 year gap.....................what should i explain....and also i didnt mention no. of landings in ma log book.....also they have said that you have logged intrument 5 hour under pic column which shud have come under dual column but i have valid instrument rating and can act as PIC.....what should i do now"?

equinox123
10th Mar 2012, 06:06
Hey Aryan,did u give them an Indian or FAA logbook..............i mean on the FAA logbook there is a seperate column for no of t\o and landings but where on the Indian logbook are we gonna mention that?...........as per the logging of instrument.....I thought if we are instrument rated we can log it as PIC......wonder what happ there?

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 06:41
What the DGCA is trying to do is enforce the Indian Rules of licensing on someone who is converting :ugh:

The reason they ask DUAL is because someone learning to fly in India has only an SPL . Since they dont hold an instrument rating they cant log PIC while doing under the hood flying or while in actual instrument conditions .

This will also apply to someone doing their recency in India . They will have to log DUAL while undergoing instrument flying as they will only hold an SPL

But since you did your recency and you are a commercial instrument rated pilot you have every right to log PIC while under the hood .

Ofcourse you need a safety pilot on board while undergoing simulated instrument flying

(5) Flight time during which a pilot is under dual instruction shall be entered in his log book as “dual” and the pilot giving instruction shall make entries in the log book of the pilot under instruction showing the nature of the instruction given

Reply to them that you were not undergoing instructional flying and as per rule DUAL can only be logged when undergoing instructional flying

9) The holder of a Commercial, Senior Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence may log as pilot-in-command the flight time during which he acts as pilot-in-command. He shall log as co-pilot the flight time during which he acts as co-pilot.

I think the above rule is self explanatory .

Throw their own rules in their face :E

AIRCRAFT RULE, 1937 (http://www.dgca.nic.in/rules/1937-ind.htm)

I do not know what an observation letter is exactly . But what they are probably going to do is subtract those 5 hours from your PIC time and then see if you still have 15 hours PIC . Otherwise they will reject your license .

@aryancool

I suggest you pack your bags and prepare to visit the DGCA office everyday unless you want to do your recency all over again in India

Also can you give the name of the DGCA officer who is handling your file ?

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 06:59
thnx cyril roy. V.P singh is handling my case.......i will give him the explanation but but do i do about the familiarisation flight? i just did my foreign license renewal on the sim and started doing 15 hours pic.....they asking for explanation tht why no familiarisation flight review was carried out?

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 07:15
@aryancool

Looks like the DGCA is trying its best to prevent issuing license unless recency is done in India :ugh:

Try calling him first if you are not from Delhi . Otherwise pay him a visit if you are from Delhi .

Tell him its not required under FAA nor is it mentioned in the flow chart or application form . I have never heard of such a requirement before .
Also tell him you did it on the SIM and that was considered sufficient by your flying school .

This is what happens when you dont have Pilots in the Pilot Licensing Department :hmm:

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 07:22
thnx cyril roy,, i am not from delhi but its been almost 3 months now so i will go to delhi on momday and will try to meet vp singh.........also if u can tell me that my IR chk report is satisfactory against the exercises that has to be done on the aircraft so i will ask my flying school in south africa to send the form again....can i give them the scaned copies? as air courier will take sm time?

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 07:48
Yes VP Singh thankfully does accept scanned copies

You can ask your flying school to send it to [email protected] and also cc it to your email address . Print it out and give it to him before going to Delhi to visit him .

Dont forget DGCA visiting time is between 4pm and 5.30 pm

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 08:03
Hmmm....

Take a printout of the document .

Sign it and Scan it .

Email it back to your flying school .

Ask them to print it out and sign it .

Rescan it and send to DGCA and CC a copy to you .

I am not sure exactly how the above method might be acceptable to VP singh but give it a try atleast .
If he demands an original copy then you will have no other option but to do as he says .

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 08:06
do i have to write a cover letter also?

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 08:14
^^
I suggest you do . Write a written reply to the observation letter explaining your stance and also quote the DGCA rules I mentioned earlier . Also include any documents that you are submitting with this letter .
Get the received stamp as proof of submission .

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 08:21
well any idea if V.P singh will understand my point?

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2012, 08:38
I have heard stories about him including my friends . Sometimes he's nice sometimes not .

About a 50/50 chance he might accept your argument .

If he dosent then you will have to appeal to higher authority . These include Ashutosh Vashisht ( he usually understands ) and A K Bhardwaj

Last option is to meet the Director General himself :suspect:

aryancool52
10th Mar 2012, 10:46
well as per the civil aviation requirement section 7 and for aircrafts up to 5700 kgs or less. we can do full test on the simulator with dual instruction...or else familiarization flight on the aircraft......
i did mine revalidation the the multi simulator in south africa..... why did the dgca ask me to kindly explain them that why no familiarization flight review has been carried out before getting 15 hours PIC.....?

livetokill22
19th Mar 2012, 17:08
After how many days of being sick do you need to get your medical renewed?
What do the regulations say?

Guneet
2nd Apr 2012, 14:03
Hey.. I want to do my cpl flying hours from HICA, Hisar, India. However, they do not have Multi Engine aircraft. so, i am planning to do 185hrs from Hisar and the rest 15hrs multi from Amritsar flying schools. I have cleared all my exams. i wanted to know if there is any problem or issue if i change my school (But within India only).
Does anyone know any rule or anything that states that i cant change my school between my training period?

creed12345
9th Apr 2012, 03:06
Guys does influence still work at DGCA? I see many people getting their work done in 15-20 days.

RkoSim
17th Apr 2012, 06:33
When i check my frtol status it says:

UNDER PROCESS
and
Shortfall(s), if any, in application are as follows. , - There is ShortFall in Knowledge Flag - There is ShortFall in Exeperience Flag - There is ShortFall in Skill Flag

is this a technical fault guys???

Cactus225
17th Apr 2012, 06:50
@RkoSim

Cyril is the expert around here..but Id say it sounds like a technical glitch.

Relax and sit tight for a couple of days. If you are from Delhi, it might not be a bad idea to visit them.

Praying always works too...

Best Luck,

Cactus.

RkoSim
17th Apr 2012, 07:22
thanks mate...

blue_ingle
17th Apr 2012, 08:27
yes you can change your school. your previous school has to transfer your flight training record to new school . it takes usually a month to get transfered .

i have a friend got transfered from AAA to mpfc recently

blue_ingle
17th Apr 2012, 08:30
@RKO

It is technical error i and all friends of mine received it .
you will be issued FRTOL with in a week if you have all necessary document submitted.

if you live in delhi its not bad to visit them and find out if anything missing.

ibcd
4th May 2012, 01:30
Has anyone been issued the license lately? I applied in December and am still awaiting it.

cyrilroy21
5th May 2012, 07:32
@ibcd

Better call up or pay a visit to the DGCA . Most of the candidates who applied from Jan to Feb to the begining of March have their licenses issued by now .

Two months is the average for issue of license provided there are no issues .

WHat does it say on the DGCA website regarding your License Status Issue ?
Does it mention any shortfalls ?

creed12345
10th May 2012, 12:29
Guys,

What is the procedure for doing recency in India? Other than getting my FRTOL do I need to write any exams? I have a Canadian license. I have flown the C172 and PA34 there.

Thanks.

faapilot
10th May 2012, 21:47
hi people , i submitted my conversion application on 28 march . til now there is not status for my file ..

Wats phone numbers to contact DGCA regarding this ??:confused:

blue_ingle
12th May 2012, 15:11
u just need frtol and indian spl it will be issued by flying club .

pa34 ava in chimes single multi expect to spend around 5 lakhs
Chimes Aviation Academy
Dhana Airstrip, PO Dhana,
Sagar, MP, India 470 228
Tel + 91 7582 308 100 (tel:%2B%2091%207582%20308%20100) Mob. +919999013238 (tel:%2B919999013238)
Fax + 91 7582 308 101 (tel:%2B%2091%207582%20308%20101)

based on min requirements 3.5lak for se and 1.5 for multi

PM message me i have their excel format if u need it

RkoSim
18th May 2012, 14:11
hey guys i just got my cpl issued today.. wit ppl and frtol.. well am frm amritsar.. n i have my train ticket booked for tuesday.. i want to pick up my licence.. by myself.. just wanted to know after how many days should i go to pick it up.. if any of u have picked it up by hand..?? thanks

Tapshi
19th May 2012, 14:46
when did u apply???

bayblade
19th May 2012, 14:52
@RkoSim
no need to rush off at DGCA. there have been some definite improvements in the system and this is one of them. your license will reach you safely.

flyhigh07
19th May 2012, 17:22
Hi ,I have a Canadian RT and a Canadian CPL,how do i get a Indian RT?

I got the Annexture 1 form,but how much should i make the DD of for a conversion from Canadian to Indian RT? and where should i sent it to?

Please help guys...

silent_scream
20th May 2012, 03:19
@flyhigh07

Ensure your Canadian Medical is valid.
DD for INR 5000 for radio validity of 20 Years.
All documents attested and go to :

Ministry of Communications and IT
DOT, WPC Wing, COP section,
618B, Sanchar Bhawan,
20 Ashoka Road,
N.Delhi - 110001.

flyhigh07
20th May 2012, 04:36
Thank you very much Buddy..I appreciate your help.May I also know what all documents and attested copies are requested for the same?

silent_scream
21st May 2012, 10:15
@Flyhigh07,

I understand Canada shifted to the aviation booklet some time back.
Which means all relevant documents binded together.
Make copies of relevant pages (CPL,Medical and Radio) get those attested and along with the Application form, 4 Photographs and DD, submit your license.

Instructions are also mentioned behind Annex 1 form.

superdunkaroos
21st May 2012, 13:20
As far as I know you will be issued an RTR valid for 5years based on your Canadian RT and CPL, the reason being your aviation booklet is good for 5 years and must be renewed(license is good for life). No matter what the amount on your DD.

The same reason individuals with an Australian RT and CPL are given and RTR that is good for 20 years.

storm999
23rd May 2012, 11:15
hi guys ..does anyone know abt the 300 NM X country which is one of the requirements for license conversion , can that be on a multi engine or does it have to be on a single engine?..any help is highly appreciated.

rushi
26th May 2012, 06:27
Hey Guys,

I checked my license status online and it said issued on 21/05/2012.It's 26/05/2012 and I have not received it yet. when is it posted? Anyone knows how long it takes ?:ugh:

Thank you

piston2jet
26th May 2012, 13:53
@ Rushi

Congrats. Hopefully you will get it soon.Could you please tell me when did you apply for the license? I am still waiting for mine to be issued.

Thanks

vishwas_ddn
27th May 2012, 08:09
hi guys i reappkied conpleately fr ny lic on 22nd march...i have still not received any update....what is the usual time fr the issue of lic?

rushi
28th May 2012, 03:04
@ Piston2jet

Hey,

I applied on 20/03/2012. It said issued on 21/05/2012. I wonder how long it takes for it to come home?!

BJ HAWK
28th May 2012, 20:06
Hey guys,

First, a big thanks to all for sharing their views and experiences, was very informative.

I submitted my file on 27/03/2012 and my online status changed to under process on 21/05/2012 with no shortfalls mentioned. Now most cases that I'v read in this thread had their statuses changed from under process to issued within an average of 5-7 days ( except for RKoSim i guess).

Now, since no shortfalls have been mentioned till now (cpl section) , does it mean that, there wont be any hassles 0r will they update the shortfalls online once the docs have been verified ?? Please do let me know guys..

Happy landings ! :ok:

siddsash
30th May 2012, 08:42
Hi,

Applied on the 6th of March 2012 and it Shows under processes since,however their was a Shortfall in Medical flag,which was fulfilled by me...at this point in time its al in the dark...i have a friend whos applied for his license in Sept 2011 and still shows under process...no convincing answer by Mr Ashutosh Vasistha...spoke to him a couple of times...and since then nobody pics up the phone or answers the calls...i am pretty phased out now...and have given up!!!!:ugh:

BJ HAWK
4th Jun 2012, 06:03
thanks sidash,

jus spoke to my friend who's status is under processing since november 2011, might have to go to delhi to know things for myself.. rumours are that dgca guys r trying their best to restrict licences done abroad..

Cactus225
4th Jun 2012, 07:15
So how long is it taking to convert licenses these days?

heard the process was streamlined and shortened to about 45 days by now.

True?

BJ HAWK
4th Jun 2012, 09:03
Two months is average processing time and because during march most number of files were submitted ( due to the new rule ) , it might even take more than two months.

Cactus225
4th Jun 2012, 09:37
Any constant hassles for the conversion?

Do they make us run a lot or is it a more transparent process now?

BJ HAWK
4th Jun 2012, 15:34
I guess things haven't changed much ..its still the same old, foreign licences are being scrutinized very stringently.

vishwas_ddn
7th Jun 2012, 16:19
hi guys went to dgca to inquire abt my license, spoke to vasistha and he said my process in underprocess as they have to prepare a "revised checklist" and will get back to me in a week as his typist is on leave, so whats this revised checklist any inputs, im worried after doing my recency again and applying afresh and waiting fr this **** lic for a year and half and still counting, they putting another rejection on me?

RkoSim
9th Jun 2012, 07:21
hey guys i just got my cpl ppl n frtol issued like a month back or so.. now all my frnds who got their licences have capt. written against their name but its not in my case.. i dont noe why.. i mean i completed my cpl in india in just 1 year n cleared each n every paper in the frst attempt.. anyways is there anything that can be done about it.. coz i feel left out or discriminated..

i noe its not that much of a big thing but still.. it should be equal for everyone

niksmathew24
9th Jun 2012, 18:57
i don tink no 1 here noes. dats y!! :ugh:

A humble request,
Please DO NOT write posts like this. It's very annoying and irritating to the eyes.

vishwas_ddn
12th Jun 2012, 10:20
hi guys i had reapplied in march....today on 12th june the status on internet got updated with a message "ISSUE UNDER PROCESS SINCE 12/06/2012" unlike the green dialog box update we used to get of "UNDER PROCESS"...So what does it reflect documents have been accepted and its just the lic no. to be issued or what ?

RkoSim
14th Jun 2012, 17:47
in my case i had like one or two shortfalls and after resubmitting the papers same thing appeared and then after one or two days it changed to UNDER PROCESS and i had my licence issued in one week or so after that.. and in ur case it does mean that ur papers have been accepted..

vishwas_ddn
15th Jun 2012, 09:44
yes even mine changed to the green dialog box under process day before yesterday.....lets see as i spoke to vasistha he was not willing to give any info but by the way he spoke it seems things are positive, but he hasnt given me any time frame as of now....so i dont know till when i have to wait.....

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 11:46
Hey guys, I submitted my DGCA CPL application on the 27th of March 2012, and just today I received all my papers back, with a letter stating that the papers have been returned because my application form was incomplete!!??? I am utterly flummoxed! What do I do from here? When I re-submit my papers, is the date 27th march still applicable or will I have to meet the new 1st of April onwards rules? Also, do I have to get a new demand draft made or is the previous one still valid? And do I just simply re-submit all the paperwork or is anything additional required other than addressing the shortfalls?

equinox123
19th Jun 2012, 12:31
@Tango Alpha November..........just curious to know.....when you checked your status online ....did it show any shortfall flags then?..............

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 12:37
@equinox123, Nope, still not showing any, just Issue is Under process, buth the darn papers are in my hand!!! I am so clueless right now and feel like punching someone/something!

equinox123
19th Jun 2012, 12:45
well T A N......its best you go talk to the officer who handles your file.....you wont find much help here....all i can suggest is go to DGCA,take all your documents with you and ask them to show some Mercy......i still have a shortfall in medical.....my application was opened on the 14th of june 2012.......and i dont know how many more flags would appear....i myself am **** nervous.........wonder what that medical flag means....any idea?

bayblade
19th Jun 2012, 12:51
tango alpha charlie, did you recheck your form, as in was everything in place?
if you stay in delhi its the best if you could visit DGCA asap and ask them about the matter.
if you don't reside in delhi then talk to mr.aushutosh vasishtha (Dy. Dir) on 24653104 or mr.A.K. Bhardwaj (Director) on 24643349 and take their opinion.

most likely you'd have to visit DGCA and clear it out. if all your documents are in order then you need not worry.
good luck.

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 12:53
@Equinox, the beauty (being very sarcastic here) of the system is that they don't tell you anything! Have they returned your papers back to you yet? Mine came with a letter not explaining very much at all! So yeah, I guess a DGCA visit is due!

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 12:55
@Bayblade, all they say is Application form is incomplete, so application hasn't been processed!!! Knowing them they probably didn't even bother to look at the rest of the application, given the form was apparently incomplete! Yeesh! But thanx for your help and wishes (can use everyhting I can get):), I reckon I am going to need to go pay them my respects:E

bayblade
19th Jun 2012, 12:57
@equinox123, the shortfalls are really nothing to worry about unless you have a letter sent home describing them in depth.
the flags appear due to some inherent problem within the software and dgca does not want to repair it for god knows what reason.
its been mentioned before (many a times) on pprune that the shortfall is not to be worried about but still this question keeps popping every other week! please make most of this useful site.
regards.

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 12:59
There you go! Mine showed no shortfalls, but the papers still came back! Maybe having the shortfalls show up is s good thing!

bayblade
19th Jun 2012, 13:01
Maybe having the shortfalls show up is s good thing!
yes indeed!! :E

VijayMallya
19th Jun 2012, 13:05
Mine came with Colonel prefixed.... DGCA :D

Tango Alpha November
19th Jun 2012, 13:09
In all honesty tho, I would rather it just said, accepted, no strings attached:( and Colonel, wow!!! Wing Comdr, understandable! Colonel- Only Dgca!

VijayMallya
19th Jun 2012, 18:06
Yup... Thankfully they got my ATPL right..l just the name...

aditya104
20th Jun 2012, 09:40
do I have to get a new demand draft made or is the previous one still valid?

Rule 48(5), Aircraft Rules, 1937 (http://www.dgca.nic.in/airrule/rule48.pdf)When in any case the licence or rating is not issued, validated, renewed or re-validated or a duplicate licence or rating is not issued, the Central Government may order the refund to the applicant of a proportionate part of the sum paid as fees.

Would advise you not to request the refund. But attach the copy of draft originally submitted when you resubmit your papers. No need to pay the fees again.

equinox123
20th Jun 2012, 10:24
how long should one wait before heading to the DGCA office, after the online status shows "under process"........my application is under process since 14/06/2012......
the flags are some software errors as mentioned by bayblade isn't it?............anyone here whose license was issued off late?............the suspense on the online status of the licence on DGCA website is killing me........the status is the same since the last 06 days ............under the cpl section i have a medical flag that's it......i know bayblade will get pissed off at this but ......im just here to let others know what to expect.......apologies bayblade

Tango Alpha November
20th Jun 2012, 10:53
@Aditya, thanx, I was hoping that would be the case.

Tango Alpha November
20th Jun 2012, 12:07
Hey guys, another query, I was wondering if you folks knew what number I can call to inquire about my RTR license. I submitted it about a month back for renewal and needed to know what the status of my application is, as it may well impact my CPL application:uhoh:

vishwas_ddn
20th Jun 2012, 13:17
even mine has been showing the same status since 13/06/12. Infact in my case even medical flag dows not show under cpl, but under frtol have all flags. dnt hv a clue till when to wait. i called them last week and vasistha just said its under process, dint say more than that. This dgca is full of ****ttt...

avicon
20th Jun 2012, 13:34
@ Tango How come you did not submit your RTR along with your application for issue of CPL at DGCA?

Was that one of the shortfalls?

The number to call for RTR query is 011-23372091 WPC office. (mr munesh kumar)

or 011-23372081 mr srivastava

Do you live in Delhi?

Tango Alpha November
20th Jun 2012, 14:03
@avicon, I did submit my RTR but it was just about to expire, so in the mean time I put in a renewal application in there as well. So just wanna know what the deal is, so's that when I re-submit I have all my paperwork in order :sad:

Tango Alpha November
20th Jun 2012, 14:05
Oh and as for the Mr Munesh Kumar number, They DO NOT pick up the phone!!! Grrrrr

bayblade
20th Jun 2012, 15:15
@equinox123
you don't have to apologize for anything at all.
most of the questions asked here are already answered in this very thread in the mid pages.:hmm: (including the one on medical flag and the change of status)
it generally takes 2 weeks for status to change from " under process" to "issued" if all is well and another few weeks for your licence to reach home in hard copy.
:)

Sid2591
22nd Jun 2012, 08:41
Hey guys i applied for FRTOL and it was issued on the 4/06/2012 but i haven't received my papers yet.. i am worried that they have lost my papers or something.. Any suggestions please ??

fly hi
22nd Jun 2012, 17:44
where do you plan to do your flying Sid2591?

what all document are required other that RTR(A) to get an FRTOL?

Sid2591
23rd Jun 2012, 06:57
i am planning on doing my recency flying from madhya pradesh flying club indore..

you need your RTR , Class 10th and 12th verifications, marksheets and passing certificates in original, your foreign FRTOL or CPL(if FRTOL endorsed on the licence) in original as well and class I medical issued from DGCA.. Your licence will be issued in about 15days.

vishwas_ddn
23rd Jun 2012, 09:10
any body having any friends submit their application for issue of lic in march and got is issued?....mine is still under process even when i ask vasistha that is the same answer i get, how do i get to know what exactly is going on with my file, these guys dont open their mouth.

equinox123
23rd Jun 2012, 09:30
@vishwas_ddn........your file was opened on the 13/06/2012 correct?...mine was opened on the 14/06/2012........i think we should wait till the end of this coming week to see any progress,because someone here mentioned they ideally take 2 weeks from the date the file was opened ,if i don't see anything by then,I am heading to Delhi........it's better if we had a talk with the DGCA guys face to face.............one question @vishwas_ddn ....where did u do your flying from?....and your recency from?

vishwas_ddn
23rd Jun 2012, 10:05
i had a word with vasistha face to face just two days before i saw this update in internet that my file is under process, just me mentioning my name he understood and told me to wait as it is under process, so the point here is the file was under process way before it appeared in the internet, later i called him up 10 days back he said it is under process now he recognises my name, spared me of mentioning my goddamn file number everytime.i.call these ppl....when i met him he physically showed my file and said he has to prepare a revised checklist for me, which is a checklist they prepare when applies after doing his recency.
I did my flying and recency from south africa.
what abt you are u positive you will end up with no shortfalls, is this your initial submission I was asked to do my recency again. if could fight legally (which doesn't happen)can get compensation for all losses they have incurred to me.

vishwas_ddn
23rd Jun 2012, 10:16
do u by any chance know who is handling your file?

equinox123
23rd Jun 2012, 10:29
@vishwas_ddn no man i have no idea who is handling my file.......any idea how do i go about finding that?

vishwas_ddn
23rd Jun 2012, 14:02
yes call vp singh, bhardwaj and ashutoshvasistha on their different extension numbers just after 4pm....tell them its been 3 months since submission, the guy will tell u whether he is handling your file or not, later.

fly hi
25th Jun 2012, 08:34
thanks sid2591

Ellips
25th Jun 2012, 14:21
In my case I too got a medical flag, when i approached my flight school in this connection, the Clark at flight school said that, although your medical is valid during the time of submission, they would like to make sure that it is sufficiently valid till they physically dispatch your license or roughly at-least 2months, which ever is greater. so it is better to get a medical examination done and submit the CA34 well before the medical is lapsed.

i submitted my application on 1st week of april, and got this flag in about mid of may and my medical has lapsed on last week of may.

equinox123
25th Jun 2012, 16:47
@ Ellips ........when was your file opened?any idea..............mine was opened on the 14/06/2012

fly hi
26th Jun 2012, 06:40
Can anyone tell me whats the syllabus for C172R g1000 technical(specific)
what do they really ask
which book should I read
do I need to take any classes for this?

HelpingGuy
26th Jun 2012, 19:57
Ok guys.. I have been following this site since some time now and finally decided to join and post myself..
I got my CPL from U.S a few years back and did my recency training in India early this year. Finally i got my documents submitted for CPL conversion in the first week of april and .....

FINALLY .......... My CPL was issued a week back and it got delivered home all good.

And even though i am done, i would like to help. I know how you guys must be feeling after rejections, struggle and failure, but i would like to make a few points based on my experience -
1) Firstly, the most IMPORTANT part are your DOCUMENTS. If you submit the proper, required and valid documents, no working body in this world can reject or deny you. So before submitting make sure all ur documents are in order and valid. What i did was talk to a lot of students during my recency, check out the dgca website for any new requirements, talk with my instructors and take views from everyone. So basically with all the knowledge i gathered, i finally created my packet and it was what exactly they wanted from me. I can send a sample copy of the cover note that i had prepared if anyone needs it. Though i agree there may be cases when people must have faced issues even after submitting the proper documents, but then its dgca, nothing can be said on that. In short i feel that proper documents still stand a 90% success rate.
2) Secondly its the PRESENTATION. The DGCA guys have a lot of work on their heads, so you have to make it easy for them. Instead of putting all my papers jumbled up in a big paper packet, i bought a big plastic file which has 16 transparent files in it (costs Rs 150 or 200).. And according to my cover note, i kept all my papers in that same order one behind the other. So in short just make it easy for them so that they dont get jumbled up with your jumbled papers.
3) Lastly when u submit your documents, dont even think about it for 2 months, cus ur file wont be opened till then. After 2 months, jus start following up on the dgca website. It will let u know if its under process and tell u abt any shortfalls if any. I dint have any shortfalls. And if u do see a shortfall, then start immediately to tackle ur shortfall by whichever documents u need to submit more. Or the other way is, if u know anyone in DGCA, follow up wit them or try calling the never answerin DGCA numbers in hope of getting lucky. You eventually will get a shortfall letter from DGCA, but that will waste more time. So the best is to keep following up after 2 months in whichever way u r comfortable in.

I received my license in 2 n a half months without any hassle.Some may call me Lucky or whtsoever but the truth is i faced a lot of stuff during my recency in India and to get my documents right. A lot of it. But finally it paid off. I thought i would have to go to dgca to sort out my license thing just like everyone else, but it went well for me..

The above was my personal experience and I hope it wud be of help to many people here.. And if anything more, let me know..

Good luck to all the soon to be Commercial Pilots.

Help Yourself.. Help all..!!

vishwas_ddn
27th Jun 2012, 06:16
@ equinox called up vasistha yesterday, he disclosed the matter said, i have two minor shortfalls reg which letter has been sent. what the hell dude. im clueless. damn these guys.

equinox123
27th Jun 2012, 06:41
@ vishwas_ddn.........well even my friend whose file was opened on the 14th of june 2012 got a letter yesterday with his log book and a few of his docs.guess they had misplaced a few of his originals and they have asked him to send it again..............also the instrument time should be sortie wise on the transcripts is what they have mentioned on his letter.......freak i'm waiting for my letter then.......i will call Mr Vashisht now........

equinox123
27th Jun 2012, 07:14
is there any phone number for Mr. V.P.Singh?........just called up Mr. Vashishta and he said that its under process and shortfalls if any will be sent to you via a letter............he didn't say a word after that .........

vishwas_ddn
27th Jun 2012, 09:25
well cant help if original misplaced and yeah my IR is sortiewise both aircraft and simulator, I'm clueless what my letter will state. you can call the reception and ask you to connect to vp singh, by the way did vasistha mention he has your file, because when I called vp singh first he said to me im not handling your file, so confirm who.is handling.

Ellips
27th Jun 2012, 16:03
@equinox123,

Well i am not specifically sure about the exact date they opened my file, but i along with 2 other friends submitted our licence application via speed post on same day and all of our date was updated on their website as processing on the day they received our post(Cross checked that with speed post tracking) which was like 3 days from date of posting. but we could only open and check status after 10days and the short fall flag appeared later after about a month.

Could any one please explain me what does "opening a file" by DGCA means and when does they do that? and how will i know it.

Thanks

vishwas_ddn
27th Jun 2012, 18:41
@ elips, well when u see the under process dialog box it pretty diye means ur file is under process and being presently examined. best advisable to get involved with dgca once it is over 30 days jusr to let them know you are still alive and need your licence :) ... rest u need some luck :)

equinox123
28th Jun 2012, 12:08
guys.......how do i get to know who is handling my file....i called up Mr vashishta and he gave me no information .....who do i call up now?......need help

Ellips
28th Jun 2012, 13:22
@vishwas_ddn thanks for the info,

I got the short fall for a medical, now that i solved it, and mailed them the respective CA34, when can i expect my next set of shortfall's? or does DGCA has mercy to give all the short fall at a time?

I was curious to know the periodicity of these short falls. and how DGCA works or perhaps their procedure followed from the time it is received at Dispatch to the time the license is dispatched, i read the licensing flow chart but i think the things doesn't really work the way described there(Correct me if i am wrong).

kindly some one share their experience and knowledge in this.

Thanks

ilsglider
28th Jun 2012, 14:11
Hi,
what i have been told in dtl is that they do not accept CA34 any more they want you to submit the medical certificate issued by PMR cell.

vishwas_ddn
28th Jun 2012, 18:11
@ elips well if you just received a medical shortfall and you fulfilled it, chances of anymore are very slim its just a matter that when will they reopen your file again, as it goes in backlog case now, i would suggest you to show your presence frequently either by calling or in person, then your time of lic approval shall be shortened by 50%.

vishwas_ddn
28th Jun 2012, 18:15
@ equinox.... ask for baljeet kaur at reception, once they connect ask her, CAUTION. serious short tempered lady and you must be lucky she answers your call.

equinox123
29th Jun 2012, 10:23
i called up Mr Vashishta and he was like kinda pissed off.........all he said again was your licence is under process and we will send you an observation letter if need be.And he hung up on me,but not before i heard him say ..."letter has been sent"...........@Vishwas,have you received the letter yet?........i believe they send it via speed post?......

vishwas_ddn
29th Jun 2012, 18:28
@ eq uinox,hmm most probably you have a shortfall, well i am still awaiting mine, i will go.to despatch section, from there will.come to us we must receive it pretty soon, what do u think.you will have a shortfall in?

Ellips
30th Jun 2012, 04:03
vishwas_ddn

Thanks for the info,sure i shall be back behind them from now.

Also considering "ilsglider" , then how long shall it take to get the PMR file transfer from Medical center to DGCA, before i beg DGCA to get my Assessment issued, also do they entertain request to issue an assessment?

Thanks.

equinox123
30th Jun 2012, 06:32
Do you have to re-apply if you get an observation letter and the documents back........when i say re-apply, i mean do we only have to give the documents that were mentioned as "shortfall" only or do we have to apply again on a new application form with a new demand draft.

RkoSim
30th Jun 2012, 09:00
@equinox 123 you only have to send the shortfall documents and the original documents u received along with the shortfall letter from DGCA... no need for a new dd or new application.. cheers

ramkiarchu
30th Jun 2012, 12:08
can u plz guide us as to how did u go about doing your recency in india?

vishwas_ddn
30th Jun 2012, 12:23
@ elips pmr forwarding usually requires a prior notice of 10 working days before medical date. CA34 reaches the postal address but if u reach dgca when it is ready for dispatcb ypu can collect it. moreover if u do not receive your assessment, you can anytime get a duplicate CA 34 countersigned.

equinox123
2nd Jul 2012, 11:32
guys i have 2 questions.............i received a shortfall letter from DGCA along wit ha few other documents, and in that were mentioned 3 shortfalls.............my question is (1) Do i have to re-apply again as in a new DD and a new application or do i simply courier the shortfall documents to DGCA along with a covering letter? (2) DGCA having sent me the observation letter, and i having sent the required documents,will they open and recheck all my documents again,that is, will they start from scratch all over again ....................@ Rkosim,i know you have already answered question number 1 earlier but i was just curious so please accept my apologies in advance

RkoSim
2nd Jul 2012, 18:01
@ equinox answer to ur question no.2 .. i dont think they are gonna start from the scratch again when u send them the documents regarding ur shortfall.. in my case when i submitted my shortfall documents my status got changed to under process in 2 days and my cpl was issued like within a week after that.. anyways gud luck mate..:ok:

vishwas_ddn
2nd Jul 2012, 19:40
@ equinox if possible please can you share your shortfalls, and when did you apply?

equinox123
3rd Jul 2012, 06:12
Vishwas, as of now the shortfalls are my current medical assessment not submitted and instrument hours not given sortie wise........right now they have mentioned these wonder how many more to come.......how long do i have before i can submit them the required documents.......any timeframe?

@ Rkosim.... thank you....appreciate it

JoshiR
4th Jul 2012, 04:44
@ Equinox

No time frame as such ! Do it as and when you get the documents signed and stamped from your school !

vishwas_ddn
4th Jul 2012, 07:34
no time frame, well i guess you might not get any more shortfalls if you fulfill these.

Jincy
5th Jul 2012, 12:39
Text Speak

vishwas_ddn
5th Jul 2012, 17:22
received my dgca letter today. they have misplaced my 12th verification, and they put the blame on me, as not submitted. Kudos DGCA

Tango Alpha November
16th Jul 2012, 08:05
Hey guys any idea how I can get hold of Baljit Kaur? The woman never picks up her phone and the operator is a good for nothing so and so. Is there any particular number I can reach her other than her extension 407?? Because that extension in useless!:ugh:

DeanWinchester
16th Jul 2012, 16:58
Hey guys any idea how I can get hold of Baljit Kaur? The woman never picks up her phone and the operator is a good for nothing so and so. Is there any particular number I can reach her other than her extension 407?? Because that extension in useless!

Dude even if you get through! That woman is useless! :8 Shes one of the stupidest people in DGCA and no worth talking to her even face to face!

Quoting a situation, when they could not find my medical file (She was in the Medical Section long back), I went to her and asked her for help and shes like, oh ull find it! But do you have change for a 500? :} :mad: :mad:

Go talk to Mr. Vashisth.. Find his extension on the DGCA wesite and give him your File number! You may have some luck there!

Tango Alpha November
17th Jul 2012, 11:33
@Dean,
Did that already mate, chap barely heard me and told me to get hold of above-mentioned abomination, rung him up again and told him that no one's picking up, he says he'll pass the message, and when I asked where do I enquire if any action has been taken, he says call up the section, it's like they are deaf or dumb or both! Like a Dog chasing his own tail!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

vishwas_ddn
19th Jul 2012, 06:11
@tan. word of advice, it was a mission for me to know my status through phone, repeated calls to this chap and ultimately he had no other choice but tell.me, baljeet, what to say she not worth to talk about, infact when I went few days back a lady in the section office was writing "jai shree ram" in the office hours, what do you think our licenses take so much time. haha....The final statement is if you need an answer from the section office you will only.get it personally, not through phone.

RkoSim
19th Jul 2012, 08:33
hey guys.. how ya doing.. actually i have applied for my instrument rating but it has been more than 40 days since i applied for it and when i check the online status on the dgca website there isnt anything showing up in the application date for the issue of IR??

ronak.akik2k
20th Jul 2012, 07:32
Guys anyone knows if the DGCA composite and regs papers validity for conversion? I am planning to apply for Indian CPL but I passed my exams in October 2009. I saw on the DGCA website and it now says proceeding 30 months??!!!:sad:

Does this mean I will have to give the papers again?? Because i thought they were valid for 5 years. If that is not the case my recency will lapse!!! Again!! :ugh:

Please let me know if someone is sure for the this!

equinox123
20th Jul 2012, 08:49
@ ronak.akik2k ......the papers are valid for 05 years....please disregard the flow chart as they haven't updated it......

ronak.akik2k
20th Jul 2012, 09:38
Thanks man! I hope you are right!:8

equinox123
25th Jul 2012, 11:36
Hey Guys....DGCA had sent me a shortfall letter to which i replied with the necessary documents on the 16th of July....its been almost a week but i don't see anything on my online status....it still reads the same (there is a shortfall in the medical flag).....when can i expect them to re-open my file? .......or if they have already opened will they issue me another shortfall letter for something else?.....

vishwas_ddn
25th Jul 2012, 19:03
equinox...whats ur name? i submitted shortfalls on 17th...

equinox123
26th Jul 2012, 06:12
@ vishwas_ddn....did u get any info about whats happening with you're file.........is it advisable to call Mr. Ashutosh Vashisht or kinda wait?........How does it work from here now?

vishwas_ddn
26th Jul 2012, 09:00
if vasistha is handling your file you can start troubling him. I will from this week too.

RkoSim
26th Jul 2012, 18:10
hey guys.. how ya doing.. actually i have applied for my instrument rating but it has been more than 40 days since i applied for it and when i check the online status on the dgca website there isnt anything showing up in the application date for the issue of IR??

vishwas_ddn
26th Jul 2012, 19:31
@ rkosim ... best advice calling them or visiting them. online status not to be depended upon regarding IR status.

equinox123
27th Jul 2012, 09:43
@ vishwas_ddn......usually how long it takes for the DGCA guys to re-open the file for the short fall documents...........just curious.......coz i will be calling Mr Vashishta on monday

vishwas_ddn
27th Jul 2012, 10:05
again a matter of luck and seriousness one of my friend hasn't got any answer from them even after 4 months, but some get their licence issued within weeks after they resubmit, so start pestering them.

equinox123
30th Jul 2012, 06:30
hey Vishwas,......did you try calling Mr. Vashisht?........i wish i was in New Delhi now....i could have gone to DGCA officve at will........

vishwas_ddn
30th Jul 2012, 13:28
one of my friend resubmitted his documents in June and he got his licence issued this Friday. so guess just hold on for a while.

equinox123
30th Jul 2012, 13:42
@ vishwas_ddn.........when did your friend re-submit his documents, as in what date in the month of June?.........Heard that DGCA is short staffed.........I called up Mr Vashishta this morningand he asked me to call up Mrs Baljit Kaur and have the file forwarded.I tried calling this lady a zillion times but to no avail.I guess this is the only way out man....I will try calling this lady again tom... Lets see man.Please let me know when you are bound to visit the DGCA office next.And if you can do me a favour in passing my message to her. would appreciate. Thanks

vishwas_ddn
30th Jul 2012, 15:16
that lady is useless, you won't even gain a thing by meeting her personally, I have had a few encounters with her, useless staff of alll I say, also dgca never encourages when someone else asks about your file, other than agents ofcourse. I recommend go and speak to section office other staff people, youwill get hold of someone who remembers handling your file, that's what happened with me.
my friend speedposted the documents to dgca around June 26th, he got.his issued last friday, so pretty much a month.
yes dgca is seriously understaffed and on top.of.that Mr v.p singh is on a month leave, still on enquiry they said he might be off for next month too.
applications submitted after 29th march are said to be still lying in a room.

equinox123
30th Jul 2012, 15:32
thanks a lot buddy # vishwas ddn.............appreciate it

vishwas_ddn
30th Jul 2012, 18:54
just update me too about your license.
regards

equinox123
9th Aug 2012, 10:21
Anybody's Licence issued offlate?...............Vishwas........whats going on at your end boy?.....

vishwas_ddn
10th Aug 2012, 08:18
just on the brink of getting it...possibly next week it might get approved, my verification from CAA keeps me waiting, i have got it but this goddamn DGCA has stil not received it, don't know who's fault it is. CAA is pissed off from DGCA!

storm999
27th Aug 2012, 01:46
hi guys ...does anyone know if there is a time frame that the query letter received from dgca is good until ? i had submitted my license application and received a query letter .. does it expire? any response is appreciated.

Thanks

equinox123
27th Aug 2012, 05:09
That letter has no expiration date ...

storm999
27th Aug 2012, 09:36
@equinox123...Thanks for the reply .

Three.Green
14th Nov 2012, 13:45
How can I trace whats happening with my file? is it open.. is it being processed... is it mentioned somewhere online... do I need to add some additional document?

How does one follow up with DGCA about their CPL status?

Thanks

blackknight999
14th Nov 2012, 13:51
The website has a link for it on the home page...try there..!!!

Three.Green
14th Nov 2012, 13:55
is it this one OnlineStatus (http://fclsdgca.nic.in/onlinestatus.aspx) ?
After filling it out it says nothing :confused:.
Does that mean they haven't started processing or haven't received it?:\

RkoSim
14th Nov 2012, 18:36
it means they haven't started processing your file yet.. and if you sent your documents by speed post why don't you look up the status of the speed post.. that way you can make sure that your documents have been delivered

vinz2406
21st Nov 2012, 12:53
guys, need help here,
i have faa license commercial se with instrument and i just passed my dgca conversion papers but i dont have FRTOL for recency and i dont want to give RTR exam, so i was thinking may be i can go to philipines and get pilipines cpl license and RT license, will doing this be alright or no, also if theres any other alternative with less expense let me know
:p

bdmer
11th Dec 2012, 13:28
I am new to this please forgive if i am mistaken, i have heard that DGCA has load (oct submission is much more)and also please let me know if anyone has received lic submitted in aug 2012 or sept 2012

Guneet
13th Dec 2012, 10:08
Hey... i have a Single engine Indian CPL, i want to do my Rating on B200. can anyone suggest me a good school in india or abroad to do so. Also, how much is it gonna cost me? Thanks...

K.O.
10th Jan 2013, 13:01
In my research, I have found that the DGCA does not adhere to its own regulations regarding PIC time as per Aircraft Rule 1937 - 67A subpart (6) which clearly states that

"Flight time spent in performing, under supervision of a pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-in-command may be logged as pilot-in-command provided the person is entitled and authorized to fly in command of that type of aeroplane by virtue of the ratings and privileges of his pilot’s license".

The DGCA seems to ask for 100 hours of Solo time as per the "APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUE/ CONVERSION OF COMMERCIAL PILOT’S LICENCE (AEROPLANE) with INSTRUMENT RATING / without INSTRUMENT RATING" in item number 12, however in Flight Crew Licensing Circular 1 of 2012 "FCL_1_2012", there is no mention of 100 hours solo time being a requirement for conversion of a foreign license to an Indian one.

Anyone care to comment? Any suggestions? Anyone tried to fight this?

thegrapevine
10th Jan 2013, 16:53
The irony is that if you want to apply for a CFI rating, you should have atleast 1000 Hrs SOLO time. After a long career in which i have close to 16000 odd hours i am sure even i am nowhere close to having 1000 hours as SOLO time. Who on earth and why will fly for 1000 hours solo???? I have tried hard but no avail.. Please do try to bring this issue to the higher officials!!

K.O.
10th Jan 2013, 17:04
Exactly. If India is an ICAO compliant country, then they are the people Indian pilots across the board should appeal to. Not some babu in Delhi who'll just give some generic answer about looking into it. I am not going to get screwed by the DGCA. If everyone of us, if every Pilot in whatever stage of training stands up to demand justice like all the women of India have stood up to demand justice, I think we'll have a fighting chance to make thing much much easier for the flyers that come after us.

coolboy007
17th Jan 2013, 11:49
Hello Ppruners,
I had applied for my FRTOL on 9th January and submitted all required documents by hand - 10th and 12th certificates, verification letters from board, original and photocopy UK rt and original and photocopy of wpc RTR C permit, class 1 medical etc.

Checked my status today and it shows as follows :
Under Process
Shortfall(s), if any, in application are as follows.

- There is ShortFall in Knowledge Flag
- There is ShortFall in Exeperience Flag
- There is ShortFall in Skill Flag
- There is ShortFall in Flying Flag

I really dont get as to why they have brought out so many shortfalls? Should i go to the DGCA office and give them a visit? I need the frtol as i want to leave for recency to usa and then come back and finish the single skill check here.

cyrilroy21
17th Jan 2013, 17:02
Its nothing but a system error that has always existed ever since this system was implemented .
Anyone and everyone who had applied for an FRTOL has seen this message .

So nothing to worry about :)

But I would suggest you follow it up with the DGCA if its not issued in a months time .

aviator86
18th Jan 2013, 02:28
Hi, can anyone kindly post the steps to convert Canadian RT to Indian RT ?

I spent plenty of time looking up for information, but still find it very confusing. WPC website is worst of its kind.

I have a Canadian CPL and RT, I did my recency abroad I need to do the checks here.

Thanks

bony20
31st Jan 2013, 03:35
hey guys,i hav FAA muti commercial, i did my ppl and instrument on c-172.
and multi on BE-76.i did my recency in canada on PA-34.there wer issues regarding my recency.now the dgca has advised me to do full recency from india.

I wanted to know if i want just single engine endorsed on my indian license,what all things would be required to fly in india.do i need to give any specific exam.

pls hep..
thnks.

indgirl
4th Feb 2013, 12:19
Hi Everyone,
I am just about to apply for my CPL conversion in India but realised one thing the name in my 10 th certificate and the name on my foriegn licence is slightly different.I have already got my FRTOL issues from DGCA with the same name as my foriegn license.I am just wondering what to print as my name on the cpl form.MY foriegn CPL as well as my passport and even Indian medicals have my full name while my 10 th certificate lists my middle name as just an initial.Do any of you think this will be a problem.And if so what should i do.?Even my conversion exams have my full name.

cyrilroy21
4th Feb 2013, 12:33
On the CPL application form it clearly states that they want the name as in the 10th Certificate .

Hence I suggest you write the same name as in your 10th Certificate . If you write otherwise and then sign the application form it would mean you lied on the application and your application can be rejected on that basis

So always good to be safe......

bdmer
4th Feb 2013, 14:35
if you can help me out i have submitted for conversion on 20/11/12 but file online doesnt show any movements its not yet opened,Can you tell me about when it will be opened and after opening to process how many days does it takes and one more upto what date files are cleared.
It will be really thankful if you can guide me what to do?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

cyrilroy21
4th Feb 2013, 15:06
@bdmer

They must have opened your file by now . Sometimes they just dont update it on their website :ugh:

The current CPL's being issued applied around the month of october and early november .
One particular case applied in the 17th of Dec and got issued on the 2nd of Feb

A rule of thumb when it comes to licensing is if no action within two months then its time to pay the DTL Section a visit

I would wait one more week and see online . If still no action then i would pay the DGCA a visit

Try calling them , it might help sometimes.....

Carry a few a few copies of the cover letter with you visit them . Sometimes they ask for a copy of the cover letter to fast forward your case

stiknruddr
5th Feb 2013, 06:54
@cirilroy

how do you have access to the licensing data.
i looked and couldnt find it on the site.
I am also asking this in regards to your other article on cpl issuance in last 10 years.

cyrilroy21
5th Feb 2013, 07:02
http://www.dgca.nic.in/FCLS%20Public%20notice.pdf
:ok:

Its been there on the DGCA Website since 2008 . On the right hand side of the homepage called STATUS OF LICENSE ISSUE REQUESTS

bdmer
6th Feb 2013, 04:50
Thanks ciril

Skyblade
6th Feb 2013, 09:42
Thanks Cyril

bangalore
7th Feb 2013, 06:17
any idea when he jan session will be held cplcg

bdmer
7th Feb 2013, 15:01
Dates declared from 19/2/2013 to 23/02/2013 check the dgca site

bangalore
7th Feb 2013, 19:47
can anyone suggest a site wher i can find nav and meterology questions for conversion

ilsglider
7th Feb 2013, 20:23
Hi,
Yesterday DGCA has issued me CPL but only with SE/MEP/IR. So my question is I had A320 Endorsed on my foreign licence and all the related docs and fee has been paid, so will DGCA issue me A320 rating as well? Please advise if somebody got this experience with them or heard any thing related to this issue?

Regards

cyrilroy21
7th Feb 2013, 20:38
@ilsglider

While I dont know much about this topic.....

The DGCA has minimum requirements for issue of an A320 type rating . You have to meet these requirements in order for them to issue an A320 type rating

You can have a look here

Look at Appendix A page 5 and 6

Indian DGCA Type Rating Requirements CAR (http://www.scribd.com/doc/120575390/Indian-DGCA-Type-Rating-Requirements-CAR)

@bangalore

You must be knowing very well by now that the DGCA get its questions from the JAA / EASA Question bank
For Met also they do copy a lot of questions from there itself except for the Indian Climatology questions which can be accessed from the book by IC Joshi

You can practice questions here

Flight Training (http://www.turbineturbine.com)

EASAbank.eu, the free QCB v.15 for european airplane pilots (http://www.easabank.eu)

bdmer
19th Feb 2013, 09:09
Dgca had opened file for conversion till 12/11/2012

bdmer
20th Feb 2013, 08:11
conversion file submitted on 12/11/2012 to 19/11/2012 opened seems dgca has too much work load???

bdmer
21st Feb 2013, 06:55
- There is ShortFall in medical Flag
what does these means for the conversion.If any query is there does dgca entertain on visiting their off or they send it by post?
If we visit dgca and if there is any shortfall do they give the list hand to hand or list will be posted and verbaly they say??
plz help me out
Thanks

virus90
21st Feb 2013, 12:22
if i remember correctly when i had some issues they posted all the documents back to me and they will state the reason for the return.. u just have to solve that issue and apply again..
just have patience and dont loose hope.. Cheers

bdmer
21st Feb 2013, 17:17
Thanks Virus90,but tell me should i visit dgca and if yes they will give the query?hand to hand? As such it is very difficult to travel from mumbai

clearblueskyy
27th Feb 2013, 10:56
What documents are required for cpl processing ? I believe there's a long list of things to do. Anyways current scenario - how long does it take ?

bdmer
27th Feb 2013, 12:14
clearblueskyy
I cant get you (for cpl processing) its for conversion?
Normally for conversion it takes 3-4 months to issue the lic if at all there is no query.

Skyblade
2nd Mar 2013, 02:50
Hi
Can anybody update which months(application date) CPL licence are currently being issued by DGCA?

bdmer
2nd Mar 2013, 14:32
Currently approx 25/11 to 30/11 is in process

Skyblade
4th Mar 2013, 07:01
Thx for the info

cyrilroy21
7th Mar 2013, 05:35
I know someone who applied in Jan and got it issued on the last week of feb

One of the reasons for delays is if you have done multi skill test abroad and the DGCA tries to verify it with the School . If for some reason they dont reply they will keep it on hold until they reply

Sometimes they email the wrong ID and even when the email bounces back they dont care and leave it that way

cyrilroy21
7th Mar 2013, 08:30
Also if your file has been opened then ask your Civil Aviation authority FAA , TC , CASA etc to email the license verification to [email protected]

Skyblade
8th Mar 2013, 00:37
I have done my entire course from India. I don't know if they emailed my institute to confirm about the multi engine flying test.

User_399
13th Mar 2013, 09:48
hi. i sent my appplication for conversion on 31/12/12 but i still havent got a status update online.no one is answering my calls at dgca. what should i do?

cyrilroy21
13th Mar 2013, 14:53
@User399

They should have opened your file by now . They probably did not update it on their website

The best method to find out whats happening with your license would be to find a place to stay in delhi and keep visiting their office everyday until they issue the license

TYLER_THE CREATOR
14th Mar 2013, 10:46
I apologize for posting this anywhere in the forum, but I am new here...:(
Just wanted to know about B-200 type rating...how much will be the cost, ball park figure...
I have CPL with lapsed IR.kindly tell me the procedure of applying for N.O.C and the process that DGCA needs to be done prior to going for training abroad. Also please suggest some good training institutes for the rating also reasonable ones.

FYI, I will be doing 15 hrs ACTUAL and 10 hrs SIM. Thanks.

LOC-D
3rd May 2013, 07:26
More of the same regarding shortfalls in the FRTOL application. I have applied for an FRTOL and have submitted all documents that has been asked for. I first got an update about 10 days back where it said "Issue under process since ......" but when I checked the status the next day, it said "Under process, shortfall(s) if any are as follows" and it mentions shortfalls in knowledge, experience, skill and flying flag. For people who have had the same issue previously, did it end up getting resolved and if yes, how long did it take? Thanks.

cyrilroy21
3rd May 2013, 08:01
@LOC-D

That's a system error that appears for everyone who has applied for an FRTOL . Nothing to worry about
The only problem with that is you wont know what your REAL shortfalls are if any...

piston2jet
3rd May 2013, 15:03
Hello

Can anybody kindly tell me what is the waiting period for re-submission of CPL-CG at DGCA ? A friend told me that Dgca will issue license within 15 days, but its been a month and there is no status update of my license on the website :sad:
I called them a million time but didn't get any reply and I can't go to Delhi as of now due to personal reasons.
Just wondering will they check only the shortfalls and the last 6 month requirements or will they check the whole flying records again? ( As earlier my case officer was Mr. Ashutosh Vashistha and now he is in other department so i guess my file will be checked by somebody else )

Is it true that there is a huge backlog of files at Dgca and they haven't yet started looking at the application of people who submitted in March/April??

Why isn't there any uniformity of time in issuing licenses by Dgca? Some people get it within a month/weeks and for some its takes forever????

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

cyrilroy21
3rd May 2013, 16:15
@piston2jet

I dont think they will go through your entire records again since they have already done that and issued you a shortfall on whats missing
When they process the application again they should only be looking if you met the shortfalls as they dont have the time and manpower to go through your entire application once again

Getting the CPL approved varies from person to person because of the number of hours of flying , different civil aviation authorities , 10+2 variations etc

I got my CPL issued in 3 weeks after submitting the shortfall request . But I think thats primarily because I camped at a friends place in Delhi and visited their office frequently pestering them to issue it

Dont expect Time Definite Delivery from their side or On Time Performance . They are not Blue Dart or IndiGo :}

Whenever you are free go to delhi at the earliest and plan on staying there for a few days
If you have friend in Delhi ask them to inquire on your behalf as well

Also try calling them between 3 and 5 pm

piston2jet
4th May 2013, 04:15
@cyrilroy21

Thank you very much.

creed12345
21st Aug 2013, 04:58
Guys,

I got my FRTOL and they want me to do recency again in India, which school is my best and cheapest option. Cessna 152/172 and PA 34. How long will the process take and anything in particular I need to know?

Also is there any truth to this that your recency is frozen when you submit your papers for conversion?

Thanks

cyrilroy21
21st Aug 2013, 19:09
@creed12345

Both Chimes Aviation Academy and Bombay Flying Club have the aircraft you mentioned

But why did the DGCA ask you to do both aircraft in India when the rules allow you to do one aircraft abroad and the other one in India ?

Also why did they ask you to do the entire recency once again ?

creed12345
22nd Aug 2013, 02:59
You got a PM

LOC-D
30th Oct 2013, 14:44
Question for you guys. So I check the status of my CPL on the DGCA website. They've opened the application and I get the message "UNDER PROCESS and Shortfall(s) if any, in application are as follows", below which is a blank slate. i.e no shortfalls mentioned.

Does that mean that they haven't found any shortfalls yet and the status could change after some time? Has anyone had a change in the shortfall status after seeing this message initially, as I read a couple of you guys have seen the same message?

If anyone has any input on this matter, I'd appreciate it :)

Three.Green
31st Oct 2013, 17:09
@ LOC-D don't worry this is good news. It means your application is under process. If they do find a shortfall they'll post it online for you to see, along with the shortfall letter being sent to your home address. A lot of people start going to DGCA once they see their file is open just to follow up on a daily basis. Mine took 1 week from the time the file opened to when my license got issued.

bdmer
14th Nov 2013, 14:32
Can anyone give some info regarding how many days does it takes for the endorsement in DGCA